storm1977

goggles

Hey everyone.... I wear glasses, and I came across a pair of over the glasses goggles.

http://security-professionals.com/mivastore/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCSUN&Category_Code=Goggles+-+Airfoil+9300+Series

However, I only saw them on one skydiving site (Baddog Skydiving).

I haven't seen or heard of this company before and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these things were safe for jumping. I sent an email to the company but haven't heard back from them yet.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Those are pretty big and klunky looking and it doesnt appear as if they have a good peripheral view.

I use the over the glasses goggles by Flex-Z.
They are lower profile than most of their type so catch less air, they are a sort of gel/plastic rather than the hard kind of plastic like Kroops so they are clearer, scratch less easily, and are more comfortable. They are clear all the way to your face on either side so the peripheral view is completely unobstructed.

I highly recommend them B|

PS I also have mine rigged so that they snap onto the outside of my helmet so I can have my helmet on in the plane but put on my goggles just before the green light. No fogging up B|B|

Do you have any issue with your birdz googles squeezing or oinching your glasses????

Also, does the strp for the goggles interfere with the arms of your glasses a all????

Chris

Blahr,

If you could post a pic of your setup with the goggles mounted on your helmet it would be helpful... Also, what type of helmet do you have???

I just got an NvertigoX

Chris

Yeah, I hear you... I have only been in this sport two years, and I have had nothing but problems from jump #2 (goggles flipped up a few times).

I also find that the over the glasses goggles I have tried are uncomfortable at best.

I begining to think a pair of perscription goggles are the only way to go. The only problem with that though is I will need to keep them on during the whole flight to altitude..... All that means is that they are going to fog up pretty bad.

Chris