Sinister

Moving vehicle

Can someone with experience exiting from a moving vehicle please PM me I have some questions.

Tom this may be a question for you as I belive I have seen you do it before.
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

i guess felix the great will have some experience :-) but seeing his body position B| on that video, i am not sure you'd want to take his advice...
flummi
* Respekt - ist uns're Aufgabe (fanta4) *

I went and found the caption . . .

"Xxxxx Xxxxxx, BASE XX, and an unidentified companion exit from the top of a moving truck traveling across the Xxxx Xxxx Bridge. The pair landed in the Xxxxx ship channel. Photo by Xxxx Xxxxx, BASE XX.

First published in BASEline, Fall, 1988.

NickD :)BASE 194

The faster you go - The higher it is . . .

Seems like there were some guys jumping off a train in the Base videos show in that bar in TFs over the Memorial Holiday.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

What a stupid idea....Lol

Sounds fun Sinister! Get all the right info and Ill see ya there.
I became better in this sport when I learned to shut my mouth and keep my eyes and ears open.

Jim Tyler (I think) photographed by Carl and published in Skies Call 3 in 1981.

Al ;)

Yes, that's Jimmy Tyler, BASE 13 (now deceased) jumping a round piglet off the bridge in San Diego. That's Jean Boenish in the passenger seat of the truck. Carl is filming from the vehicle behind - his ancient Dodge Dart.

BTW that car is still sitting in the driveway of his house to this day.

The footage was picked up by the TV show, "That's Incredible" and Jimmy was featured on the show and did an in-studio interview. He was on way to doing other stunts like this and selling them to TV, but the market wasn't like today, as there weren't many "Video Reality" shows at the time.

Jimmy was killed in 1983 and is number 4 on the BASE Fatality List . . .

Trading BASE jumps for money, in the minds of some at the time became bad karma and is the reason I'll write about BASE for money, I'll do interviews about BASE for money, but I never have and never will BASE jump for money.

There's just something dirty about it . . .

RE: jumping off a moving train. Phil Smith, BASE #1 was the first in 1983. Then Kevin Vennel, Randy Harrison, Andy Smith, and myself, Rick Harrison all within a few weeks. Bridge was 300' high and the train was moving about 45 mph. A little scary since there is a lot more movement in the tracks and train cars than you think.
Rick Harrison
BASE 38