outrager

Worldwide GSM cards in the mountains?

Yo!

I am tired of collecting local SIM cards and wanted to buy a single worldwide number (like http://www.cellularabroad.com/) before the next trip. Does anybody here use such a service? I am curious how well it works at the main jumping destinations in Europe, especially what coverage it gets in the mountains.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, it's a SIM card that roams cheaply and usually has free incoming calls in most civilized countries ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.

You AMERICANS expect everything fast and cheap. :P

Congrats again on your US Citizenship. Being American has never been so cool.

Cya

you might want to check out vodafone and their "travel promise" or "passport" product (branded according to the country you are in. i guess it is the best deal amongst the "traditional" telco providers.

another thing on expiry of prepaid cards (i know you did not ask it, but there was a thread not long ago). in general, cards "expire" only if they are not USED within one year from the last use. a "USE" is defined as changing your balance (decrease: making a call, sending an SMS / increase: reloading the card). so simply by sending one SMS, you can keep whatever card valid for another year.

love, peace and happyness,
flummi
flummi
* Respekt - ist uns're Aufgabe (fanta4) *