adventurechick

Thinking about BASE

Hey that sounds a bit like me; well the 250 skydives and havn't jumped in 6 months part...

If you have 250 skydives, you will be at least B or C license and should know what your currency requirements are.

Untill recently, due to demanding work obligations, I had gone pretty uncurrent with both BASE and skydiving. I hired a 170 as opposed to using my 120. Did a 20 sec stable delay with practice touches and opened high on the first jump. Then did a few solo track dives and hop n pops before going back to jumping with others and flying the 120.

As for 250 skydives over 4 years, it depends (IMHO).
If for instance you could only make the dz on week-ends, were packing to pay for the jumps and helping a rigger out some evenings during the week, you are likely to have picked up quite a bit of technical knowledge. If on top of that there is not one BASE related web site you havn't thoroughly scrutinized, and you have harrassed all the dz BASErs for any info, ground crewing/ camrea handling you could get, then all there is left to do is get current with a few skydives.
If on the other hand, you went to the dz on week ends only once in a while, got others to pack for you and havn't jumped in 6 months because you've been kind of losing interest...
It's what that other clever guy said: "it's all relative..."

or to construct a pendulator.

Rope hucks are way more fun than the pendultor, and there is a lot more time to figure out where the exit was screwed up, sometimes way more than a slider down BASE jump.
of course, Rope hucks are a bit more dangerouse than any base, and take a day or more to set up for even the really experienced. so nevermind.

adventurechick, check out this thread. interesting...

http://www.dropzone.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Thanks! Someone else already sent me that thread a few days ago and I read through it, but thank you though! It's a well put thread!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

FYI Guys, I sent Gail/AdventureChick a brief explanation of what a 'Pendulator' is along with my version of the 'Slow Down' speech.

You guys should hook up in Florida. Her profile mentions she enjoys swing dancing. You could show her your tatoo.:ph34r:
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Well...one every 30 seconds is probably a better estimate. I've had a student stay on the pendulator for over an hour, doing exits at approximately that rate, though.

Just don't let ERIC rig the pendulator eh Tom ????? :P

Thank you! Reading right now.......

Pay attention to detail...

post #4 on page 1 had this link and it took you to page 3 to bother looking........

A 3 page hesitation is better than a PC hesi or object strike in my world....