HydroGuy

Day Blazing...when is it ok???

I found a smoking patio/putting green with a nice corner to jump from and a nice solid railing to hook up a carry off static line.

There is 0 security during the day, but at night only access I can find is to be rung in by security.

So.....
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

dude dont be such a bitch. fuck the edicut bullshit and flick the object jails not so bad and u get laid everyday
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Hit up Magot on "how to be a ninja"!
I say go for it. It's all in the get-a-way!!
later.

We found a nice 700 footer out in the middle of nowhere'sville about two hours away, A few houses within distance that could see us jump, but if we dayblaze it once or twice a year, hopefully we'll be gone before they remember what we did last time if they even see us at all. Is it worth losing if you blaze it? To us, it's too far away to cause impact on other sites, within reason. And we're sure we are the only ones hitting it. Unless that chick in the horse and buggy has got a rig stashed somewhere. Sexy thing she is.

dooood? where is this shit?
how early can you get up there or how late can you stay?
ok i gotta go jump
late,
rich
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

Can you go up during the day and just stay there until it gets dark?

Honestly, if you aren't going to heat up other objects nearby, and it's not something that anyone else wants to jump, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

The central question to ask yourself is: "What will this do to other jumpers?" If the answer to that question is "nothing," then you're doing good. If the answer is "it will hurt their ability to jump by..." then try to find a better way.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I can't really find a place to chill out, and there is a lock on the access door to the putting green that could potentially be locked after hours, and not the kind of lock that lets you out and not in.

I'm fairly positive that no one is fliking shit in this area, and if they are I need to meet them. I can see a cool 190ish crane from the exit point as well that I've been scoping for weeks and weeks...

I'm going to laser this thing tomorrow to confirm my measurements and take it from there...

Or when it is day on the other side of the globe.

ps.s never assume that you are the only one or the first one regarding ANYTHING to do with BASE jumping.

You may be, but there is also a good chance that someone else has trodden that same path.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

I did it a cople times...... get to the top when I still had sun light, and wait for the dark.... I jumped.... the security came to me, but they didn't see the jump, just the land, so I explained I jumped off a plane, and the wind took me there......
Result..... 1 hour late, I was completely drunk in a bar..... :)

Cya
Andre # 1072

When day blazing will not burn the object or put the negative image on BASE jumping. Then it is OK.

Dude

You also have to look at if you want to do that object more then once. We us to day blaze this spot all the time did it for a year or so. Now there is video Surveilance and we can no longer do it in the day just something to consider. B|
JOMAN

...Unless that chick in the horse and buggy has got a rig stashed somewhere. Sexy thing she is.

which? the chick or the horse??
:ph34r:

Seriously--to the original poster:
I know it's semantics here... but think about the term "dayBLAZE." That's never OK. Jumping during daylight hours is what you're talking about. If you bring heat to an object BECAUSE you jumped it during the day when you could have kept it stealthy by getting off it at night, you have just "dayblazed." If you have a good sense of smell, you'll also know when you've dayblazed if you smell tar cooking when you land.

cp

we had a local jumper dayblaze a prime site - a huge crane and easy landing area - before the rest of the group got to jump it. so my other buddies go out to it a week later in the middle of the night. a guard jumped out with his pistol drawn on them. my buddies fled and one of them lost his new base rig and his expensive video camera (and would have been deported if he had been apprehended). the consequences for dayblazing can be pretty fucking high.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I'm pretty sure no one is fliking 17 story B's in Orange County...but if someone is or knows someone that is please get in touch with me!!!

If I could find nightime access, I wouldn't think about fliking it in the day. But it's secure at night, only access is being rung in by a guard. And I can't find a non-alarmed stairway or anywhere else to stash myself in. Only way I can figure out is to go during the day, gear up in the slow elevator, go to putting green and tie off a SL setup and flik.

It's probably a one time gig I know, so if anyone with lots of experience wants to come burn it down with me let me know. I got a nice crane as well, but I'm apparently lacking the sack to open up these sub 200' objects on my own at the moment.

Day Blazing...when is it ok ???

When it's the Empire State Building. or...
You are standing on the 80th floor and there are 2 Jumbo Jets full of fuel. Piloted by Islamic fundamentalists that are flying them straight at you.

Hey.. You forgot to mention that not only did they dayblaze it before anyone had the chance to jump it, but before that, was busted (in the daytime with about 50 observers I might add)by a local jumper and oppted to climb down knowing that they were in the wrong. Didn't tell any of the local crew that they were doing so, as the jumper who caught them in the act was preparing to jump it/ open it up that night. So after all the heat, waited two weeks and was thinking it was safe again, and low and behold, they did it anyway. Hope it was worth it. Sorry to the unfortunate ones who got caught later and lost the gear. Is there such a thing as BASE ethics....? Or hey, this is 2006, we can just do whatever the hell we want and not give a damn about the other guy.. estrigine and BASE just don't mix. Way TOO much drama. I like the new testro crew. I mean it's amazing, we actually converse amongst ourselves, make a plan, and stick to it, for the pure beauty of what we are doing. RESPECT... such a wonderful word. Glad there is a couple of us that still cherrish it..

"Or hey, this is 2006, we can just do whatever the hell we want and not give a damn about the other guy.. estrigine and BASE just don't mix. Way TOO much drama..."

do you mean "estrogen"?

wtf

certainly, I agree with you, there are those who will try and selfishly bag a structure and trash it, and that's just against the spirit of BASE, but what does it have to do with estrogen?