subterminal

Sometimes Divided - Shaun Bartlett

Over the years there have been several posts where people have enquired about the sound track from the 1st and 2nd BASE movies. Finally, this Monday, Shaun Bartlett who has lent his voice to the films, released his debut album in Norway: Sometimes Divided

I don’t know how it will be distributed overseas, but I’m sure it’s possible to buy online for now. A definite must-have in any record collection:)
Check out his website: www.shaunbartlett.com

The record company is: www.thetoothfairylabel.com

Enjoy!

CJ=)

Just bought the record at CDON.com (maybe just works in scandinavia) But it worked for me and Ill have the CD in my apartment in 3 days. jipiii!!

I missed the concert in Oslo. and IM pissed about that. hoping for more conserts and hopefully in Stockholm.
But Ill guess its not very famous here jet.

/martin - happy owner of the Shaun Bartlett record.
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

He's getting standing ovations. The sound is definitely not as hard as the what we heard on the BASE movies. He's got a vey unique expression that I would be careful to define. Works miracles for me though :)
CJ=)

Any of the heavy stuff on it? reviews?

if you go to his website you can listen to one of the tracks. pretty mellow, but he has a distinctive voice that makes it work.

as far as heavy, i never thought that yelps music particularly heavy to begin with.

check it out.

http://www.shaunbartlett.com/hear.html

iTunes will let you listen to 30 second clips of all the tunes on the CD.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Is there anywhere to get specifically 2nd BASE tracks at? Crossover and others.

Is there anywhere to get specifically 2nd BASE tracks at? Crossover and others.

From the guestbook on www.shaunbartlett.com:

hi Ted! I'm afraid none of the songs from 2nd Base are on this album, but it will hopefully be available online very soon ... working on it. and thank you very much :) shaun

I just downloaded "Sometimes Divided" from iTunes and listened to it over a lazy packjob. Infact it's on its second play. It's good. Very chilled. Very simple stripped down sound. His voice and the production reminds me a bit of Willy Mason. Definately recommended.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Works miracles for me though :)

Yes, for me, too.

Will be in the truck on the way to TF a few weeks....
:)