Faber

any new designs for carry on sl setups?

As i have this nice n low object just 4 mins away,i really enjoy jumping,i however dont want to leave more than footprints at the exitpoint

exitpoint is low enough that you can see a carry on SL dangeling from there..

however the exitpoint is abit tricky
first off you need to gear up and climb abit up,balancing on the A while attaching the SL.It can only be attached were i attach it to my right so moving it wont work,exit higher or lower aint for me as of right now(higher is still SL,but no place to attach the SL,lower is too low to me as we speak)
The SL will be attached in shoulder high on a place were it EASY grab somthing of the A.
its a small exit were you neither can stand or sit(you hang out wards in your arms and leg as balance)
1 out of 3 times this place gives me cut away on my carry on SL,resulting me in a loong night as i need the place to cool down again before i climb the thing again to get my SL unless im lucky that it has released so much that it has fallen down(then i need to search the ground..

Anyway my usual carry on SL aint that good on this object,its tight were you need to tie it on to and it easy grab the surondings(yes i tried by smaller SL set up)

Any ideas as of a new design,please post here or pm me your thourghts..

Yes Zeungeleben its the A by the highway:D sorry you didnt wanted to jump it as you were here:P

Cheers

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Faber

When I need to not leave a trace I do the following.

I tie about 8ish inches of break cord in a circle using a surgeons knot

Then I tie an overhand knot into the whole thing, making a small circle on one side and a big circle on the other.

i use a french(y) link and put one side in the link, then the rest around the object and back into the french link and close the french link.

The theory is that one side(circle) will break before the other and the side that dosent break will pull the break cord off the object. I have about 30 jumps doing this and it has not failed, not to say it wont though.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Yes Zeungeleben its the A by the highway:D sorry you didnt wanted to jump it as you were here:P

>>150ft is a tad bit low for a rookie like me Stefan! When I saw it I couldn't believe you jump that thing. I frickin' love Denmark. When I saw that sectional my eyeballs just about popped out of my head!

Nick
from nitro rigging make a lesve no trace static line device. i have one but i never use it because i dont care \about the leave no trace thing as a matter of fact i usually try to draw as much attention to my self as possilble when jumping in the city chicks love to see some strange guy sreaming hey u down there look up hereit great and besides whats the point of noi tracde then u cant tag the object or day blaze it
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

If you tie the break cord around the object, you risk a premature break on any object with some sort of corner. It's far preferable to attach the break cord only to other cords, and use a stouter cord to take the friction/corners of the object itself.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Try using a carabiner to clip the break cord back to the carry on cord. This will allow you to do everything except the final "clip" in the comfort of your own home.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Just tie two slipknot loops in the bridle about 5" apart near the PC......wrap them over the rail/bar, one loop on either side. Tie the loops together on the other side w/ the breakcord. Easy, simple, goes w/ you. Courtesy of RJ Money.

When I need to not leave a trace I do the following [snip]

No offense LDB, but shouldn't that be EVERY time, at EVERY object, legal or not??

pope

No offense LDB, but shouldn't that be EVERY time, at EVERY object, legal or not??

Not that I know anything worthy of mention, but isn't a simple loop tied around the object thereby hanging the break-cord-tied-off-bridle completely free of any minuscule chance of snag ever-so-slightly-safer than the carry-on static-line, whereas the carry-on static line has an ever-so-minuscule chance of snagging some part of the object and potentially leaving you hanging if your tied off close enough near the base of the bridle?

If I were jumping the potato bridge and was concerned about this slight risk, then what's wrong with jumping a non-carry-on static-line if I intend to climb back out and untie it?

This certainly sounds like a "you shouldn't be jumping if you are worried about this slight a risk," but then again I'm sure everyone has a "I once saw random base jumper have such-n-such an opening, so now I do so-and-so with the nose when I pack"; no reason this couldn't be a "I once saw random base jumper have a scary static-line launch, so now I tie off the bridle directly to a loop on the object, whereby eliminating the possibility of snag." We all have our peculiarities.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

When I need to not leave a trace I do the following [snip]

pope

Not to offend your intelligence, but it was a "toungue in cheek" comment. Obviously Faber said he didnt want to leave the SL material behind. The method I use has so far ensured that when I SL that I am leaving no trace. Hence the reason I said, "When I need to not leave a trace."

So for clairty, for those that are even reading this, I do not want to leave a trave EVERY time, at EVERY object, legal or not.

Much love and respect pope. Hope that clears this up for you.

signed,
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

First off sorry my late respond,i has been werry busy the past days:|

I will respond all the posts in this post.
Leroy
I dont like the idea of tieing the breakcord on to the object i had bad experience to that,however if my Carry on sl catch the object then im sure a 8ish inches of breakcord also will catch as my carry on is shorter than that.

Zeungeleben
its 135-140 ish to impact as of a dirt hill just below the exitpoint,as i told ya we should have gone there it would have been fun:P

Magot
I can rig my own carry on sl´s what imlooking for is a different system than im using now

Tom
I already does that,i even put an student carabin to the bridel to help making the "flip" of the releasen line go up and clear points.
My only problem is the hang up/cutaway thing 2/3 times of the jumps off this object,so im looking for a cleaner design..

CactusJack
sounds like an idea,if i understand it corectly,i will test that.

Hajo
I do have my carry on sl which i make myself,having a quick look at that web i would say mine is more simple,but it will work the same way

Larsrulz
Im not sure what your meaning?
I dont see im in a risk as my carry on cut away,it works just like a regular SL,hence leaving it up there,im just sick of making that extra climb that often(only off this object,i think i has nearly 100jumps whith the carry on sl and only this object is a killer-and my favorite as of now).

I can see ive got a bunch of pm´s ill answer then in a min.
Thanks so far.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber