Lokky_luke

G3-suit. VKB

Hi.
Kings and queens...

After a long cold winter in karsk land. We have develop an real tracking tool. G3 is now ready for some Norwegian big cliffs.

“We are so lucky, no ones out there know the end of development”

Some picture of the G3 suit. And daily VKB work.
Yes, it has been flown...

Enjoy
Lokky_luke
VKB#9

Wow!

What is the range of motion on that suit (arms and legs)? Can you still run and grab toggles/risers, like a tracking suit (as opposed to a wingsuit)?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Curious as to the glide ratio you are achieving with your suits and rigs ?

Keep up the good work.

Exciting stuff dude! Can you post bigger pictures? It's difficult to see much in those ones.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Hi.
Kings and queens...

After a long cold winter in karsk land. We have develop an real tracking tool. G3 is now ready for some Norwegian big cliffs.

“We are so lucky, no ones out there know the end of development”

Some picture of the G3 suit. And daily VKB work.
Yes, it has been flown...

Enjoy

Amazing...

The airflow above and below the body is so clean...

How did you get access to a wind tunnel this size?

Fantastic... I'd love to see bigger pictures. If you need a host, PM me.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Yea man its a cool lookin suit , i got a peek at the heli boogie that container looks even longer now . ? are there any folds in the pack job looks long enough to take the whole canopy un folded?. enjoy dudes im of to KL thats as good as it gets down here cheers ..{ skoll } Hecky B|

Definitely cool stuff. How much of an improvement in lift or rather glide ratio are getting over the standard base rig with a typical wing suit?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Looks good...where's the video? and what 460 said....info please.

Kris.

Its hard to see in the pictures, but is the suit/rig rigid around the hip area?
In other words, can you still move/twist your upper body, or are is it completely stiff from waist to shoulders?

Designwise, especialy if you would also add the helmet, it reminds me a bit of the sketches that artist posted in the wingsuit forum some time ago...the rig-wing/track suit combo looks amazing..cant wait to see some videos..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hi,
Thanks sharing with us your ideas and dreams !
YOU ARE THE KINGS!
Blue skies
Chris

Its hard to see in the pictures, but is the suit/rig rigid around the hip area?
In other words, can you still move/twist your upper body, or are is it completely stiff from waist to shoulders?

If you can twist your upperbody, how much of an impact does that make on the packjob since it looks like the tray goes from shoulders to the back of your knees / how careful do you need to be after its all buttoned up to not cause a serious malf / canopy damage?

Hei !
What kind of measures were you taking in the windtunnel? Have you been testing the same measures on the 3 kinds of wingsuits: S-Fly, Birdman, yours? I wish I could do the same with my new prototype, the "Giboline 2". I'm also asking myself why you take the measures with that "flat angle": you never fly head down with a wingsuit...

Hilsen fra Boris det "Gibolin" (fra Sveits)! :P
Gibolin from Switzerland

Just a guess..but isn't that where the relative wind is coming from?

Kris.

Lovely pictures! A few nerdy questions. Can you post some of the aeronautical data?

How did you select angles of attack for the wind tunnel tests?

What are your thoughts on the turbulent layer beneath the model? How does it respond to AOA?

Reynolds number? Center of gravity? Coefficient of lift or C sub d on any of the models / victims?

Have you looked into winglets or leading edge slats? :D

Just a guess..but isn't that where the relative wind is coming from?

that would be in a "atmonauti" "sliding on the angle" angle. In case of a flatter flight angle, you would have wind from below... My guess...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There is always(other than in perfect headdown) wind hitting the bottom surface of the flyer, but that is not possible to tune the wind hitting the bottom of the wings in a wind tunnel(IMO)...especially because the pilot makes a big difference in the wing area.

If we ignore the 3rd dimension(for max forward speed or glide the pilot needs to be in the same plane from wingtip to wingtip across the wingspan). The movement can be split into vertical and horizontal(result being the glidepath)...the horizontal is what is being looked at in these studies.

Kris.

:o:o:o That is just plain beautiful. So futuristic, so natural... CLAP CLAP CLAP Standing ovation CLAP CLAP CLAP
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Here's a repeat of a question I put in my email to Øyvind:

One question: are the arm-wings attached in any particular way? The red fabric around the bicep appears to attach to the body of the jumper with velcro or something similar there... was it not attached on this jump [but it was in the wind tunnel?] or does it somehow "connect" once in the proper body position?

To clarify, I'm referring to the yellow/gold "velcro" under the armpit.

And, of course, what kind of performance are we talking about here? What did you clear on the ground by pull time?
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh...It is even more beautiful. I can promise you those armwings get attached after his arms get into tracking position. I don't dare tell why, in case Mr Lucky L. view it as an industrial secret;)

PS: It is 3k to the other side of that valley where he jump. When he reached the other side he had to turn down valley to keep on flying that futuristic thing!

I am proud to be a friend of such freakin scientist!!!

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

I was just about to give the idea away, But I just say like Espen. It is really cool. and special. And it works. Even if its nt the most profitable way to build a wingsuit/tracksuit. But its really a lot of fun seing the progress. Its pure sience!

/martin
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden