dmcoco84

Busted

Well, it was gonna happen one day and so it has. I got busted the other day. Almost got off but the cop in charge didn't share the thoughts about the jump as the other two younger cops did. This isn’t something I’m thrilled to post about but need some help. For those of you who have unfortunately been busted and charged in the past, if you wouldn’t mind PM’ing me, I am looking for some info on your experience in court.

Looking for things along these lines:

- What were you jumping when you were busted (Level of trespassing violation)?
- How did the judge react to BASE? Or whatever you told the judge.
- First, second or other bust for you? (Convicted busts)
- Any previous criminal history that made the BASE bust worst than having a clean record?
- What was the outcome?
- Any other advice that would be helpful…?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Coco

Oh yea, Thats what I forgot to add:

P.S. Sam, don't bust my chops!!! :P:D:D

I'm was a good kid bro, Never been in any trouble. Been to court once for a speeding ticket at 16. Just looking for some info on what to expect.

Coco

Correction: Twice. Improper equipment at 18 due to a shitty company van. Got it dropped easy, didn't have to say much. In and out.

besides the anal probe?
:P

added quote:

Just looking for some info on what to expect.

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Stop trying to tell me about your weird fantasies Le Roy. I'm not interested. B|

Coco

but your sister is!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Well, it was gonna happen one day and so it has. I got busted the other day. Almost got off but the cop in charge didn't share the thoughts about the jump as the other two younger cops did. This isn’t something I’m thrilled to post about but need some help. For those of you who have unfortunately been busted and charged in the past, if you wouldn’t mind PM’ing me, I am looking for some info on your experience in court.

Looking for things along these lines:

- What were you jumping when you were busted (Level of trespassing violation)?
- How did the judge react to BASE? Or whatever you told the judge.
- First, second or other bust for you? (Convicted busts)
- Any previous criminal history that made the BASE bust worst than having a clean record?
- What was the outcome?
- Any other advice that would be helpful…?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Coco

No advice, but a few Qs :

Were you busted in one of your post-sunrise jumps ?
Did the law wait for you to jump or did they pull you over once you were in your vehicle leaving ?
What (if anything) did you say/admit to ?
What was the cops initial resposne ?
Did you firefighter card do anything ?

youve given about zero information to work with... whats your charge?
i bet a lawyer could tell you eveything you need to know. busted is not such a big deal in the game of life... unless youre spink..

osunds like youre getting a trespassing slap on the wrist. with no record and all... ha ha

Basic tresspassing. $1000 Max and/or 1 year jail. No previous record. Cop said expect small fine and community service hopefully. But they can be wrong.

I'm not sharing the story on the board. I'm looking for other peoples experiences through pm and if no one wants to share. We'll just leave it at that. Everyone I know that has been bust just didn't get ticketed so I was unlucky. "Shrug" Thats life.

Gotta run...

Coco

Edit Spelling

dont sweat it. toughen up a bit. proverbial slap on the wrist. did you get the free night's stayin county or just a notice to appear?

Cop said expect small fine and community service hopefully.

probably more like a trespassing warrant an small fine...
so next time, run . at least itll be more exciting...

Get a lawyer...get him to knock whatever charge they are throwing at you down to a noise infraction or disturbing the peace or some bullshit charge that isn't a misdemeanor.

Spending money on a lawyer alsmost always results in lessor/dropped charges than self representation/public defender.

It really depends on how much you squawked to the arresting officers
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Get a lawyer...get him to knock whatever charge they are throwing at you down to a noise infraction or disturbing the peace or some bullshit charge that isn't a misdemeanor.

Spending money on a lawyer alsmost always results in lessor/dropped charges than self representation/public defender

Getting a lawyer generally costs the county/city/state additional money because they then have to fight you fighting them. This has been known to force DA's to come up with assurances that us pesky BASE jumpers won't get away from them again: urban aerial delivery laws.

My advice, if it's a little charge like trespassing, screw hiring a lawyer and just take it like a man. You play your cards, you take your chances.

-C.

Getting a lawyer generally costs the county/city/state additional money because they then have to fight you fighting them. This has been known to force DA's to come up with assurances that us pesky BASE jumpers won't get away from them again: urban aerial delivery laws.

My advice, if it's a little charge like trespassing, screw hiring a lawyer and just take it like a man. You play your cards, you take your chances.

-C.

Taking it like a man is like taking it by a man in your jailcell. Throw money at your problem & get a light sentence or get it reduced. Probation of any form is unacceptable. Where I live, the penalty for tresspassing can be up to 6 months in jail or probation, including drug tests, visits by probation officers, $100 per month probation supervision fee, and many hours of community service. Your lawyer will know how serious the tresspassing is based on the nature of the incident, the police report, and the court assigned to your case.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Taking it like a man is like taking by a man in your jailcell. Throw money at your problem & get a light sentence or get it reduced. Probation of any form is unacceptable. Where I live, it can be up to 6 months in jail or probation.

That's why I said "if it's a little charge". I guess my advice should have read "find out if it's really worth fighting first". I agree with you, though...probation or jail time makes it worth fighting.

-C.

I suggest reading your local and State Statutes on tresspassing, and look for loopholes in the law. In my home state of Florida, I have been erroneously told that I was tresspassing more times then I can remember, since most people don't know the letter of the law (including the police).

side note: trespassing on a construction site in florida is a FELONY...

fyi.

That's good to know for my trip down there........

Haven't read up on it my self but the last cop that called me (cought the plate # on my van but none of the jumpers (thanks again Johnny1488)) let me know that tresspassing on any communications or power transfer facillities( post 9/11) is a felony and will be turned over to the FBI.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

Taking it like a man is like taking it by a man in your jailcell. Throw money at your problem & get a light sentence or get it reduced. Probation of any form is unacceptable. Where I live, the penalty for tresspassing can be up to 6 months in jail or probation, including drug tests, visits by probation officers, $100 per month probation supervision fee, and many hours of community service. Your lawyer will know how serious the tresspassing is based on the nature of the incident, the police report, and the court assigned to your case.

At least talk to lawyer to find out what are your options. If this turns out bad, do you really want this stuff following you for the rest of your life?

Busted 1 month ago(or 2??)
got a 133Euro ticket and a note in my records,no court .. Im so happy to live were i live:PB|
I whish you the best dudeB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

That's good to know for my trip down there........

Carful in the Ft Lauderdale and Miami area's....I work in the highrises down here and they have had a lot of thefts so they are really watching building now under construction....

Later all..

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

hey vid your hitting a little close to home arent you. not all firefighters get away with everything. usually just traffic violations. dont even try to pull the firefighter badge/card with the nps cause they dont even care. :)

Thanks for the Pm’s everyone. I have received lots of good info and advice. Even got some stuff from cops. Really appreciate it! If I haven’t responded yet, I will. I’ve been super busy and got lots of pm’s but hope to finish replying soon.

Thanks again!
Coco