AdamLanes

Perrine Bridge Festival?

This morning I heard an ad on the radio for the Perrine Bridge Festival on September 15, 16, 17. Apparently its a big BASE jumping event among other things! Since the Royal Gorge is cancelled, is anyone coming to Twin?? I'm surprised I heard about it on the radio before seeing it on here.

See you at the festival!
-Adam

What's up Adam? Yeah, this is Mile Dasher's event. He will have a competition of some kind. There will probably be prize money. Don't plan on winning, though. He will sculp the competition to his own tallents. Like: Fastest hike up the hill, Craziest Aerial that looks out of control, but is pulled out at the last minute, Swooping a Red Bull canopy with complete disregaurd for your own safety; stuff like that:ph34r:

Talk to Miles about it. It should be a fun event to watch and hang out at.

I assume he planned it at the same time as the Go-Fast Games because he has never been invited to that event:P But now that Go-Fast is out, this event seems like a good idea.

I'll be there. And so will you - because we live thereB|

Miles never comes on here, but maybe someone can find info, or post a link. You may be struck down by the all-seeing hand of The Man though because any info you put up here will be considered advertising I'm sure.

Rite now, consider this a get-together of the Tahoe/Nor-Cal crew in Twin 15, 16, & 17 of September.

Be Safe. There's a list where we keep reports of your mistakes, but you never live to see yourself on it.

See ya
-Bill

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Be Safe. There's a list where we keep reports of your mistakes, but you never live to see yourself on it.

I think it would be a really valuable source of information if we found some way to track non-fatal incidents too.

There is also a lot to be learned from the mistakes that do not even lead to incident or injury (whether through skill or good fortune), because there are so many more of them.

Be aware that Miles is asking that no one who is not invited by him be allowed to jump the bridge during those days. So, if you come out to jump, be prepared to get some grief over it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have been looking into tickets out to Twin for that weekend and have not heard anything of this. Since I do not know Miles I'm sure I am not invited but I have not been invited by anyone the last 5 times I have been there. Who started this shit?

Tom-

There is a small group planning on heading to the Perrine that weekend. Are you saying that there will be some governmental type official who will not let us jump if we were not invited or is this 'restriction' more informal?

Thanks.

Be aware that Miles is asking that no one who is not invited by him be allowed to jump the bridge during those days. So, if you come out to jump, be prepared to get some grief over it.

If this is true, it will be the first case of a base jumper asking to close a legal object for other jumpers. Plenty of love to follow...

bsbd!

Yuri.

At this point, there is no plan to have government officials keeping jumpers off the bridge. However, meetings with police and sheriff are ongoing.

My honest guess is that this year, all you'll get is some other jumpers telling you not to jump (recall how during Dan's event there was a teenager standing at the end of the sidewalk telling people they couldn't go out there?), but with no actual authority, and no intent to physically restrain you.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hello!

I feel the need to defend not only the "sport", "the community", "the individual freedom" and all that "stuff" but mostly the Swedish way of living .. I call for anyone Swedish or not to bring a Swedish flag and claim the bridge that day :)

No hard feelings Miles, you are a funny cat!

PerFlare

Ps
Tom as my friend I like you to post a picture with you and the Swedish flag at the bridge :) If you do not have one (I'm sure you do) mail me your address and I send you one!

seriously?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

If you're not invited then too bad because it's MILE'S bridge to invite people to... Better not jump that weekend people because MILES says and everybody knows it's HIS bridge.

What a joke. I hope nobody actually takes that nonsense seriously.

Hi all, just got off the phone with Nikki Daisher. The event is for kids' with special needs, not about Miles or anyone else but local kids. BASE is just a part, not the whole event.Nikki said that the event was scheduled because the Go Fast event was that weekend and alot of people would be there (in CO.) in an effort to keep the Twin event small. As far as people getting turned away at the exit point there are going to be "Specialty Jumps" that will take some coordination, read do not jump right now, people could collide and die. I just got off the phone with Miles, and he says one and all are invited just be careful and do not go in. The City and Chamber of Commerce are all into this event according to Nikki, so everybody chill out and have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!

The event is for kids' with special needs, not about Miles or anyone else but local kids. BASE is just a part, not the whole event.

kudos to the Daishers!

if you happen to be in TF at that time...
be good neighbors and let the focus be on the cause. avoid talking about BASE and instead talk about how the event is helping the kids.

show you care about the greater community, and they might care more for us...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Sounds like a good time! Miles is always helping out others!
"... and I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it...."

Did you guys think of that its event like this or crane boogies or night jumps or etc etc that some day will shut that place down..

Not saying that Miles boogie aint good,but making events disturbing the public trafic usaly is a bad idea..people get angry as they cant get home to get a beer becourse a wirdoe wants to jump the Span the need to drive at..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

A bit off topic but......................

Just read a letter from the local Electricians union in Jax with some bad news about you Adam.......are you still around????

Tom

I am afraid you may have twisted words and facts to paint an ill picture.

at Dans event the ITD and city had approved the closure of the jumping side sidewalk for use during the event. All media and any jumpers with a parachute were allowed full access. common pedestrians looking to actually cross the bridge were asked to walk the other side side-walk. all were welcome. any jumper with a parachute packed or unpacked could go and use the sidewalk, rail or platform for jumping, video taking etc.... It really did not make sense for common pedestrians to use the jumping side of the bridge sidewalk because it was completely blocked and they would have had to climb over the platform that would have put them exposed to the 486 ft dropwithout even the protection of a parachute.

oh and Faber..please pipe down. You do not live here and you do not know what you are talking about.

thanks and perhaps I will see you in twin falls for an enjoyable base jump and a reality based conversation.

kind regards to all.
jt

JT,

I have spoken with a local jumper who was stopped during Dan's event by a young man (Dan's son?) as he was walking onto the bridge to make a jump. He was told that he could not go onto the bridge.

Nikki Daisher was in our home for a dinner party on Wednesday evening and stated that she and Miles requested that non-invited jumpers not jump from the bridge during the event. I'm very happy to hear that they have decided to change this, but Tom's post was based upon what she had told me (and several others) less than 24 hours before.

Just wanted to clear things up....

Cheri

Faber..please pipe down. You do not live here and you do not know what you are talking about.

thanks and perhaps I will see you in twin falls for an enjoyable base jump and a reality based conversation.

I guess not as im not at your high level:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Localism . . .

It's always been a problem in BASE and it always will be.

Solar system wise - We are all locals . . . !

NickD :)BASE 194

Since we're all claim staking:

I grew up in New Mexico, I live in Arizona, I have offices in North Dakota, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. I've lived in Dallas, New York, and Soutern California. I spend a lot of time in Moab and my wife has family in Seattle and Denver.

Please stay off my objects without permission. Please call me in advance before even considering jumping in these areas. Those of you who know you are my friends, and you know who you are, are free to jump MY objects whenever you please. An invitation to enjoy the fun is always appreciated.

BTW, if I spend any more time in the MSP airport I will be claiming that area as mine also...

BTW, if I spend any more time in the MSP airport I will be claiming that area as mine also...

Are you looking to jump the control tower also? doh.. I just gave it away.... now they (the law) will be expecting us!!!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...