AdamLanes

Perrine Bridge Festival?

Tree,
We got in about 8 jumps yesterday and a couple this morning before the winds picked up...
This is one GREAT event for the special needs kids...
They are loving the jumpers..and the jumpers are being treated like kings and queens...free meals all the way around and of course free boat rides w/shuttle back up to the visitor center...
HUGE props to Nikki D and the sponsors for organizing such a great event for these kids.. She/they are working they're asses off for them. Gotta love it.
Hoping more jumpers will show on Sunday as the winds are supposed to be alittle more mellow.
So, get your ass out here . them kids need you!!!!
Everyone is welcome..

Dorkzone.com RULES!!!
JOHNNYD

sounds to me like people are bitter because miles is so kick ass and is not some fat slob loser who cant hike out in less than 10 minutes. and have little tiny balls and cant do ariels. also hook turns and mad crazy swoops are perfectly sane when tour a total bad ass. and not some 100 jump wonder. eat your weaties kids and maybe on day u will get off the porch and run with the big dogs
but i dout it.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

It only took me 15 minutes in the dark and I smoke. So there.:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

LOL! Obviously, you are kidding. Maybe slide in a kicker for Sully so all know it’s in jest. Everyone knows Sully has several big ones. Heart, Brains and Balls. He does excellent aerials and helps so many. If you can’t trust Sully, the world is lost.

Hope all is going well with the Festival. Wish you safe jumps, good weather and great times.

Miles IS kick ass, and Nikki is definitely no slouch. Kudos to everyone that made the festival what it was and extra points to Nikki being 6 mo pregnant.

I wish to thank Miles for putting us up in his house Saturday afternoon during high winds and rain that prevented us from jumping. "HEY! Look at me!" and Red Bull Promo vids rock! Johnny, don't worry about missing your chance with Sobe, I'll put in a good word for ya ;)

We took the long drive to make it to the bridge. Unfortunately winds kept us down to jumping 1/2 the day, (and the night for those that were willing or not in bed *cough*Miles*cough*), it was a total blast. I'm just coming into the sport, but I learned a lot on the weekend. Jeremy, thanks for the jumps Friday night. Mike and Andrew thanks for the Sat night till 2 am jumps. Packing in the valley by street light and having an on heading opening is a thrill. Thanks to Shane for instruction on the McConkey. Learning how to jump without packing sure helped get in 2 more before we had to leave.

Looking forward to the "Top Rail Bail - 2007"
Looking forward to meeting at our next exit.

Looking forward to the "Top Rail Bail - 2007"

With respect to this comment, neither Andrew, Mike, any of APEX's first jump students, nor myself went off the top rail. This was a joke comment made as a theme for next year's event hence "quotation marks".

I thank everyone that has expressed concern in our safety and preserving this jump location.

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the top rail? There is no rule against jumping from it.

The Idaho Department of Transportation (owner of the Perrine Bridge) has requested that jumpers not stand on the rail. Jumpers standing on the rail are much more visible than those standing on the sidewalk, and can be distracting to drivers on the bridge. Since the bridge is the primary road into and out of Twin, accidents on the bridge can, and do, cause serious traffic backups in town.

I have spoken to quite a few people (not locals or jumpers) who have been _very_ surprised, and a little freaked out, by seeing jumpers while they were driving across the bridge. Drivers suddenly slamming on their brakes can cause big accidents. Obviously, the less visible jumpers are to drivers, the better.

As a non-jumper local, I've seen the town as a whole be quite welcoming to BASE jumpers---but the warm fuzzy feelings can disappear really quickly when jumpers create problems (real or perceived) for the townspeople.

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the top rail? There is no rule against jumping from it.

This is a rule, one that is mentioned here:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1846739;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Some sites have specific guidelines, we as base jumpers should follow the guidelines so the site doesn't get closed down. Perrine is a haven for legal jumps and many first jump courses. We certainly dont' want to loose this object.

Tom,
Do you wear your wifes' bra and panties when you post in her name?
I can see it now...

There is and has always been a standing request (not a rule, or a law) that the top rail not be jumped from. I've been going to Perrine since 00', and it has always been that way. In 00' and 01', this subject came up on several occaisions, and most jumpers comply without making a big deal out of it, since it isn't a big deal.

It is common sense to get along, to go along, at any legal object. Look at all of the leagl ogjects in the world and every one them have a few simple guidlines for jumping them.

If a jumper cannot safely perform their jump from the sidewalk, vs the top rail, they should consider bowling. There is no added complexity to jump from the sidewalk. The only reason to jump from the rail is 1. Ego. "Look at me everyone". 2. To show everyone you are too cool to follow the only rule that applies (no one's gonna tell me what to do).

Its been argued about way too much. There is no good reason to do it, and at least a few very good ones not to. "Just becasue I want to" or "I feel like it" is not a great reason, unless you are 12 years old.

Oh Tree,
Have you and Tom been swaping your wives underwear again?
Out of my 17 jumps, 13 of them were from the rail...
and from your post my job is complete...
Have a great day!

Oh yea, what about the "Benefit" part of the event, you know $$$ raised for special needs kids? Any word on that? Stop fighting about stuff that has been hashed and rehashed here.

I'm not rehashing anything. Someone said there is not a rule, and I corrected it. I also donated $250.00 to the event, and spent money on radio advertising to get the word out about it. Any word on how much any of the rail jumpers put in?

And your excuse is.........??

I jump with Maggot.

I also don't make shit up about other jumpers because of small dick complex and I only have one username.

Tom, you are one pathetic human being.
Memento Audere Semper

Tom, you are one pathetic human being.

And by calling it out on a forum like that, you just joined his alleged ranks...

Come on Nick, you're better than that. You edit your post, I'll delete this one.

Of course, I'll still love you... :ph34r:

Out of my 17 jumps, 13 of them were from the rail...

why?
what is the benefit?
is it just a statement, or do you have a reason?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

And your excuse is.........??

I jump with Maggot......

Hmmmmmm, well that would explain some things for sure
SabreDave

I've personally seen Cheri reading the BASE forum and Tom would use his own login name.

Do you guys have enough fun talking shit to people on here, cause your always looking for it.

I'm here to read useful information and maybe share some. Speaking of growing up, quit being punks.