dropoutdave

Body Armour

Can anyone that jumps in a full body armour jacket tell me how it is for freedom of movement when it comes to deployment? Am torn between getting the full jacket or a a short sleeved jacket and seperate elbow pads.

http://www.simplythebike.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1807

http://www.simplythebike.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=107&products_id=2287&osCsid=048aaca35dfe449fa6814d80923824a8

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I have a Shuttle Suit Pro too and have worn it a lot.

It is not restrictive at all, but you can notice the hard plastic outer ankle 'buttons' depending on how tight your boots fit.

If this bothers you, remove them.

works best with a big stashbag :)

Chalk up another vote for the Dainese Shuttle Pro (or equivalent). I've heard a couple of people complain that the shoulder pads increase the effort required to reach up to your risers, but have never noticed that myself (though you should be aware of the extra effort if you choose to climb a structure wearing the thing). Anyway, that'd be the same with the short or long sleeves.

One big plus of the integrated elbow/forearm pads is that they're far more comfortable than any separate elbow pads I've ever worn.

Sweet, cheers for the input guys. Out comes the credit card.;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Chalk up another vote for the Dainese Shuttle Pro (or equivalent).

Pfff, whatever. What did that suit ever do for you?

Be sure to check that your rig will fit over it. If your rig is snug and fitted, you may have trouble.

I know. I took the teensiest fall at the world's easiest object wearing $700 of body armour, and still I got hurt. What a gyp.

Edit, just in case: In all seriousness, I owe my life to having worn Dainese armour.

I've been jumping the Dainese Safety Jacket Summer for about 3 years and I love it. Its very light weight and easy to get on and off. All the pads are inserted into the mesh other then the back pad. The price is alittle high but the protection is very good. I've taken some serious hits in this thing and the mesh and my body walked away without any damage. Give it a look and if anyone has tried out this armor before I would love to hear your opinions on it.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Safety_Jacket_Summer--35-DA-13.html

Might be of interest when you make your choice

http://www.basewiki.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/Gear/Gear

Just My Penny - 'No comments are meant to offend individuals and are purely a personal view presented by myself'.

For general information purposes, Velocity Gear has a jacket that is externally almost indistinguishable from Dainese's. They claim CE EN1621-2 Level 2 compliance (the better of the two levels). Dainese doesn't say much about their armour on their website, but the Velocity Gear site states that the Dainese's honeycomb back protetor is Level 1 compliant. A lot of other stuff isn't rated at all, so watch yourself. Velocity Gear's "Velocity Armor" seems to be US$100 cheaper than Dainese's "Safety Jacket" (which resembles the top half of what I use). Velocity Gear does not seem to sell a full suit, or even a bottom half. Bummer, that.

My experience with Dainese has been very, VERY positive, but I thought I'd post a summary for people wondering about alternatives.

For general information purposes, Velocity Gear has a jacket that is externally almost indistinguishable from Dainese's. They claim CE EN1621-2 Level 2 compliance (the better of the two levels).

I have a high velocity gear jacket I wear for mountain biking. I like it. I have worn the spine protector for a few BASE jumps, but never worn the whole thing on a jump. One reason I don't is my rig wasn't measured for the gear and seems to fit tight when I put it all on....

For the compromise in price compared to Dainese, it seemed like a good deal.

_Justin

Chalk up another vote for the Dainese Shuttle Pro (or equivalent).

:ph34r::D:D:D Jaap, you kill me!

***Edit, just in case: In all seriousness, I owe my life to having worn Dainese armour.

Just curious if you have written the company with a testamonial? Or contacted them at all concerning your accident and if so what was their response?
Thanks,
A

http://tinyurl.com/qcujc

I recently bought the Six Six One pressure jacket! Cheaper thean Dainese, but seems pretty bomber.

My rig is tight without armour and though it is a little tougher to get it on once it is on it doesn't add alot of bulk!
SabreDave