KrisFlyZ

Norway Trip Info

If you plan on making a Norway trip in the future this information may help you.

1) Insects.

Because there is plenty of vegitation and water in Lysebotn, there is a lot of life ( that includes insects ), so bring your insect repellent.

2) Food.

You only get pub food at the Kafe ( sometimes pasta and rice and such are served ). When you do 2-3 hikes(jumps) a day a lot of energy is needed and you need to be real rich to afford every meal at the Kafe if you are staying for a long time. My suggestion is to carry some fresh vegetables, fruit and meat/fish. Lots of pasta sauce and pasta/rice. Bread is available in the Cafe and 25 Kr per loaf(lasts 2 days for one person). Fruits and Veg are cheap in norway and amazingly fresh. Seafood in Stavanger is very fresh I had the best shrimp sandwich I've had in my entire life in Stavanger.

3) Fitness and Walking experience

Be in some kind of fitness....I can keep my heart rate at 160-170(I am 30 years old) for 50 minutes and it took a couple of days fo hiking to get used to the Hikes. I was the slowest on the first few days I was there.

Walking experience specifically on steep rocky hillsides will help. Good shoes will also help...just make sure you have worn them some or you may miss a day or two of jumping with blisters.

If you get stuck taking the Tourist Ferry mention that you are a BASE jumper to get a 50% discount on the ticket price.

Carry some Sunscreen. I am from India and I am a few shades darker from this trip..maybe even carry a hat that can be stowed away easily for the jump.

Kris.