JOY

JOY's BIRTHDAY (A Big One)

Hey BASE Jumpers, this is Rick Harrison and I wanted to let you all know that next week, August 8, is my wife Joy's Birthday. It's a big one for her, I can't tell you how big or she'd kill me, but I wish a lot of you folks would tell her Happy Birthday. She is so dedicated to keeping the numbers in order and getting all the right information so we can put keep track of it in the original BASE Book. It is very important to her and it makes her feel she has an imprtant role to do for us crazy BASE jumpers. She spends at least 20 hours a week keeping the numbers and sending e-mails. No one would spend so much effort doing this as well as she does. I'm really proud of her. Hell, in the old days, she was also the best ground crew Phil Smith and I ever had. Back in 1982 and 83, she knew downtown Houston only by where the tallest 4 buildings were. Anyway, as most of you know, we keep up the original BASE numbers out of a respect for tradition and for Carl Boenish and the spirit of a liviing brotherhood that was fostered by most of the early BASE jumpers. Joy and I knew Carl and I knew he would want the original BASE numbers to go on worldwide as the back of the card says. We like doing it but Joy does 90% of the work. Please everyone who appreciates the work Joy does, she would love a bunch of birthday wishes. She's big on that. If you're on the Zone August 8, and if you want, send her a mesaage to [email protected]. she'd just love it.
Thanks guys.
Rick Harrison
BASE 38
N. BASE 13.
[email protected]

hey, rick! When's the party!?!?!! I'll bring the par-tay favors :P:D

Ms. Joy - You are the coolest WOW-man EVER! Hope your birthday is one to remember. Let me know when you have time to go to dinner again, this time...seafood is on me!, ice cream is on rick! B|:)

<3<3

Yes, it'll be a significant day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY!:)
Chris
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Whoa. That's a weird coincidence.

Isn't August 8th BASE Day? (August 8, 1978 was the first El Cap loads with Carl Boenish, wasn't it?)

At any rate, happy birthday Joy!

If anyone wants to send a card or a present, drop me a PM and I'll send you Joy's mailing address.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Bump.....it's now August 8th!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Thank you for putting up with all of us insane turned sane by our wonderful sport. We appreciate all of you hard work and dedication. Have a great b-day and if you guys need any help with anything pm me!!!!!

Happy b-day girl....

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Pauly
Base 632

Yes, BASE Jumping is 28 years old today! And Joy was born on the same day - August 8 - and the same year too -1978- isn't that correct, Joy?

NickD :)BASE 194

Happy birthday from Italy, Joy!!!!! :D
Take care :)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Happy big one Joy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Happy Birthday Joy!!

Michi
BASE 1068
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

All the best to you Joy! This is a great day, because of people like YOU!!!!!

Happy Birthday Joy! Thanks for all the work you do, it is greatly appreciated!

Happy Birthday Joy!
~J
BASE981
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Happy birthday, Joy.
thanks for the number.

Happy Birthday! and thanks for everything you do! Hope you have great B-day!

Happy Birthday Joy!
Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put towards keeping the base numbers organized. I can tell you I'm proud of mine.
Keep livin the dream
Will

Happy birthday Joy!!!!!!!!!!!
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI