unclecharlie95

Peter Schäffler missing since Monday after fall...

That sucks, I recently met Peter while in Norway staying in the White House. He seemed really heads up.:(
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I met him at the ITW and again in Norway this season.....very nice guy , usually centre of the attention.
Horrible news to hear....my thoughts go out to his family and friends at this time.

They have found the bodies of Peter and his client but they could not yet get the bodies because of difficult conditions.
We will miss Peter a lot. He was a great guy and had a lot of fun jumping and beeing in the mountains.
The people that have known him will rember his laughing and his positive mind.
A week before his accident he sent me a SMS telling me that he has just slept on top of the Materhorn and then jumped it the next morning.
Peter is the one that jumped yellow ocean twice a day with crutches. He walked to the exit, left the crutches there and jumped. Then he would take another pair of crutches, walk again to the exit and jump again. In the evening he would walk a third time to the exit with crutches to pick up the other 2 pairs.
Peter will always be in our mind. We had a lot of plans for this summer for "outer Lauterbrunnen" jumping.
My next jump is for you Peter.
Fly free brother!!!
Michi
BASE 1068
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I was up at the mushroom 2 years ago and saw a pair of crutches abandoned before the gap and smiled :)
BASEstore.it

met him in Norway, camping next to each other. I noticed right away, that he was a remarkable person, that I listend to with attention. We had some nice jumps together and so much fun in the evenings...

Keep on truckin' Peter!

Rest in Peace, Peter, you will always be remebered!
It´s such a tragic loss, I´m speechless.

Martin

peter was a great person and jumper. his story telling about his life experiences put a smile on everyones face.
rip,
luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar

Hallo Peter,

I met you this year at the heliboogie and we discussed many times. I was impressed that you were so cool and now I am discovering how humble you were by not telling everybody all your talents.

We will miss you down there.

Gruss Gott,

Franz

peter was a really nice guy with a passion and love for the mountains. i met him several times and will never forget, when i came to the exit point @ mb and his girl friend came up with his crutches...

rip

dru

I also met Peter at the Heliboogie. This is a real shame. He also had a very extensive knowledge of the more less known jumps in his area.

Gutted.

Peter promised me recently to help me climb the Eiger. Because of my age I only want to jump this cliff with the help of a professional climber. When I arrived in the Swiss Valley last friday, I had already my cellphone in my hand in order to give him a call when I heard a fellow jumper say that Peter was probably dead. That evening I got terribly drunk. My plan was to stay one week in the valley but I left monday morning after only four jumps. Because of the terrible news I didn't enjoy my vacation anymore. Adieu Mister Schäffler ! With utmost respect.
---------------------------------------
Luck beef four Yule heap !

This is so sad. I met Peter several weeks ago in Italy and found him to be a very friendly and welcoming person.

He invited me to come jump with him in Switzerland, I wanted to call him soon to tell him I could come in August, and now I will not be able to share more jumps with him - I am sorry Peter!

Condolences to his family and friends.

--
Eduard

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter just over a week ago in Switzerland at the Horner, what an incredibly talented and humble man. He was always the first one there waiting for 7:30am load. It sounds like he made quite an impact on everyone he met and will be remembered and missed. I'm so sorry about this loss...my prayers go out to his friends and family.
"They will soar on wings like eagles..."

here are two pictures of peter.
He is the one in the middle in picture "bild 153", on our way to norway. And in "peter" he is just a pretty boy...

What many did not know, in his jung days, he was one of the world best climbers. He climbed the most difficult routes all over the world.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

While Peter's Body is still somewhere on the Jungfrau, and probably remains there forever, we will have a memorial for him this Saturday. It's held in Austria, near the Swiss border. Anyone who likes to come can send me a PM including a e-mail adress for details.

The attached photo shows Peter when we arrived in the middle of the night in front of the Havly Hotel in Stavanger for this years Heliboogie.

Fly free Peter, we miss you. :(

While Peter's Body is still somewhere on the Jungfrau, and probably remains there forever, we will have a memorial for him this Saturday. It's held in Austria, near the Swiss border. Anyone who likes to come can send me a PM including a e-mail adress for details.

The wingsuit exit on Jungfrau is now named "Peter Schäffler".

bsbd!

Yuri.

Nice one Yuri!
Thanks
Michi
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

i had the pleasure of hanging out with Peter in norway while he supplied all the cigarettes for a discounted price at the heli boogie! i must of bought 10 packs off of him! !

rip buddy

Dont die!