hawkflight

Helmets:Bonehead Mindwarp vs. Guner?....any opinions

The Mindwarp is suitable for adding a camera at a later date. The Guner is not.

The Guner is super cushy comfy and I'm told is very quiet in freefall. The Mindwarp is comfy. Both have Bonehead's "bake to fit" liners; the Guner liner is thicker overall.

Looks are subjective... I like the look of the Mindwarp, I think the Guner looks kinda funny.

If I were choosing between the two I'd go for the Guner since I have no plans to put a camera on my head and I'm a sucker for comfort.

Lisa brought up some very good points. Both helmets are excellent choices but if you are entertaining the thought of adding a camera then the Mindwarp is the one to go with. The new 2004 Mindwarp pimp daddy is a great all around helmet and has many of the old pimp daddy lines and shape that many like.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Something to think about, If you may add a camera in the future is that there is nothing like a dedicated camera helmet designed for this from the ground up.

Although I have seen many and even borrowed some regular helmets that have been converted, with additional parts, for camera use. The helmets made for cameras always fit and fly better. I would have to say the people that are the most happy about their camera setups are the ones that started fresh with another helmet specifically for the camera. In the end they have more options if they want to get serious about camera work, they have a more comfortable helmat for camera work. And they still have their unaltered helmet for just plain jumpin.

The cost of a camera helmet is a fraction of all the other gear you will mount on it. I'm happy I never bastardised my mindwarp.

what xabouyt somthing like a Cookie Helmet
they make one for camera and for for no camera
http://www.cookiecomposites.com/
Check em out, and with exchange rate they may even be cheaper.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

what xabouyt somthing like a Cookie Helmet
they make one for camera and for for no camera
http://www.cookiecomposites.com/
Check em out, and with exchange rate they may even be cheaper.:)

Now that was just cruel. You underlined your link but didn't make it clicky. I clicked on it like 3 times. B|

clicky
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

hahahahaha:D:D:D
that was funny,
Sorry though I didn't actually do that, I put the url thingys around it but it didn't tunr into a linkB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

hahahahaha:D:D:D
that was funny,
Sorry though I didn't actually do that, I put the url thingys around it but it didn't tunr into a linkB|

Actually you didn't.:(

By going back and quoting your post (without actually replying to it) I can see that you used the underline markup command, not the url.

Remember, computors is stupid and will do exactly what you want them to.;)

To all, especially newbies here on dz.com -- please use the markup help and, even more importantly, use the "Preview Post" button. If your link doesn't work in the preview, go back and fix it before you post, please.

We now return you to our regular scheduled program.

Thank you.