skyfrog67

raleigh nc jumpers

hit 570 up
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

If you are looking for someone to skydive with my dad lives about an hour from you and has 155 jumps.

If you are looking to BASE, well then I can't help you and most on here would say go do a few more skydives.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

Anyone else call any of the BASE Schools?

For what it is worth:

He took a course out at TF earlier this year. Either call or PM me or call Apex.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

any active jumpers in the raleigh area

Yes there are... and NO I'm not interested in teaching you with only 120 skydives in 3 years:|
At 40 jumps per year you are not current enough and you don't have enough experience overall. Do yourself a favor and make more skydives.

Jason

Jumped with this guy once before..... slow climber...he was PCa'd from 300'. decent canopy control...while i hit powerlines......

It actually takes a lot of skill to hit power lines. ya anyone can land in a huge open field but it takes awsome canopy control to hit a wire that is only one inch thick. I say keep up the good work.
Ryan
Skydiving is borring!!

I am an instructor for Asylum Designs, maker of the Ace, and Blackjack canopies and line of Perigee containers. PM me and I can help point you in the right direction or take you there myself.

Dead-ons and tippy-toes
BASE424

I am an instructor for Asylum Designs, maker of the Ace, and Blackjack canopies and line of Perigee containers.

Isn't Consolidated Rigging the maker of the Ace and Blackjack canopies?

Oh, and for those who don't know him, Blake really is an instructor for Asylum, as well as a heck of a good guy, and an extremely experienced BASE jumper.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

that was good blaine.....i didnt even think of you relating that to this particular incident..... your skills are improving....Bueno

i was not asking you to teach me,i work in raleigh and was looking at some objects,just wanted some advice on them,as for skydiving its not as fun.thanks anyway

Isn't Consolidated Rigging the maker of the Ace and Blackjack canopies?

Actually... PD makes the Ace and BlackJack canopies for Consolidated Rigging.;)

i was not asking you to teach me,i work in raleigh and was looking at some objects,just wanted some advice on them,as for skydiving its not as fun.thanks anyway

I can understand that skydiving can become less attractive and not as fun but I am not talking about having fun, I'm talking about learning the skills you may need to save your ass in a somewhat safe environment. Too many people are trying to get into BASE and they don't even know BASIC canopy skills and they don't even want to learn them. This totally boggles my mind... I think that people just are not taking the risks involved in BASE seriously anymore. I think people are just too wrapped up in their 'got to have it now' attitudes. I really hope this is not you, but from what I'm seeing... it is.

BASE IS a dangerous activity.... period. Don't think anthing different, and don't let anyone else tell you differently. Please respect is accordingly:)
My bad about thinking you wanted a mentor.... but it looks as if you need one and you were looking for one a few months ago. Did you find one? If so I would like to know his name.
And the advice on objects in the area, approach them with a local who knows them.

Stay safe and educated...
Jason

was looking at some objects,just wanted some advice on them

well, it seems you HAVE received some advice.

new, eager, enthusiastic, pumped up jumpers get hurt way too often. don't be in a rush to join them.

oh, and if skydiving already bores you, don't BASE. you likely will push well beyond your limits to get your "fix." if you succeed, you will again become bored. that would be the good outcome...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse