psychokiwi_base

Lysebotn tourist TRAP...

Let this post serve as a warning for anyone about to Travel to beautiful Lysebotn. Having gone to the heliboogie just this last month and this year being being my 5th at Kjerag, I would like to say that this years good times were tempered by the treatment I recieved at the campground.

Anyone who may have been witness to any of the activities by the management can add their 2 cents also. Outwardly everything has the illusion of being great and happy but the truth is that Najette is fucking ripping off BASE jumpers in the cafe and is stealing from us aswell.

Anyone with a vested interest in defending her antics can PM me for particulars but if this lovely spot is under the same management next year or in the future I will not be staying there. Unless the SBK feels like stepping up to the plate to help organise an alternative then I can honestly say that jump numbers will be down in the future.

Too many people had shit experiences this year and it can only reflect poorly on this spot as a BASE destination.

As BASE jumpers go I'm hard pressed to find jumpers that can afford outrageous prices let alone
outrageous prices and shitty dishonest service.
There are a ton of places where the jumps are awesome without the extra drama. This really bums me out because Kjerag is one of the finest.

So to all of those going, enjoy the jumps but keep your stuff locked up. DON'T buy the BASE jumper 500nok punch cards from the cafe. When your not looking you might get charged double for something your buying. It happened to me several times. DON'T leave any prescription pain meds accessible. Those will go for sure. Be wary of of what your being charged in terms of accomodation and know what agreed to in the months prior to your trip.

Most of all GOOD LUCK. You'll need it. If things start to go sideways just remember that Norwegian law allows you to camp anywhere as long as you are 150m away from any building.

Here another opinion to this subject in the australian forum:
http://www.basejump.org/

See the tread:

A SMELLY THIEF , RAT in Norway called Najjette

Fra: Aldo ( aldo krøllalfa sofaexperience.com )
Heliboogie was cool...a little bit slow in organistion but still.¿what caan you wait of a base event?...
There was only one problem..
Najette
She is the reason of lysebotn being a HARD place..
Najette entered the room and looked through peoples lugage to search for things... Proved and caught..she was checking through the names of the peoples stuff to see if the confirmation of the bed was fine.
She acuse people of stealing and being thieves..
Stole money with excesive prices and HITLERS MIND.
She treated rudely agresively all the guests..
Invented new prices to crew out everyones eyes.
Olav by the way is cool
Najette ....I'M SORRY TO TELL BUT SHE'S THE WORST If i had to find a reason not to go base jumping in KJERAG...IT would'nt be the climate...IT would be Najette..
A rat in paradise should be kicked away.

Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Hi Matt,

I don't know who you are, but I guess we met this year in the cafe and I want to thank you for this thread!
We were a group of three, camping next to the cafe.
It was my first time in Lysebotn, my first visit to Norway. I was absolutely amazed by the country, the walls and this boogie:
I loved it and will never forget these days!
The SBK, from my point of view, was a perfekt host.

But this evil lady... you are so right. She really wanted our best - our money.
"If you complain you can go back to Oslo"
she said that more than one time.
If you order a pepperoni-pizza, say you really want pepperoni on it. otherwise she'll put them aside to sell them to another customer/victim. We experienced many, many more stories like this.

I will go back to jump Kjerag for sure, but I'll try my best to avoid contact with this witch.
peter (camping next to us) said it best, when he asked her, where her broom is :)

respects,
Berni

All this is true and sad :(
Last year i sleep under tent and was happy for it... still easy get hotel room in europe for this price but... stay there and pay.

This year i was happy that i get big car where i put pumping bad and sleep inside.
That was best decision when i prepare for this trip.

First day (6 days befor Heliboogie start) this year i just sit in the kitchen with OZ guys (hector etc.) and we start drinking Polish bear which i bring. Small caps with best gold bear from Poland. Then SHE entered to the house and start shouting "You can't drink alcohol here ble, ble, ble". I said that's this is not a problem and last year we can drink here bear (not vodka or something like that). She said that rules are changed this year and i should read it again. And then ask me "Do you stay in White House"- i just said no, i'm just drinking here bear with my BASE friends. She said "Get out from the White House!!!". So... my place was on the stairs ;-)
Good that each day more people comes and we can hide ;-)
FU&$#*&# this beach. Take tent and sleap wherever you want in Norway. This is Norway law - hehehehe...

And that's true... next year i think i will go somewhere else in Norway... somewhere to north.

you are so right and I`m happy to see that I´m not alone. This year I tried to rent one of the two big cabins, although you never be sure that you get it by arrival. 2 days later I dare to change the dates by a lovely apologetic email. The less lovely answer "I`m not your mechanic and I don`t work on your car"
So it had been a nice time (11th) in a mobile home with the BerlinBaseConnection (BBC)B|
Sometimes I think about the old days with Iwar...[:/]

I don't really know how much I can add here to the effect that Najette runs her business like someone with a personality disorder. We were bummed that as a new owner she had doubled all the prices on the cabins and accomodations but decided it was worth it. It was NOT worth it to have her coming in at all hours, changing her prices for odd reasons and at odd hours, and then lying basically every time we had a conversation. She was impossible to reason with and more than a few times we walked away rather than have an altercation. We felt like we had to lock our cabin and I made sure to check my credit card when I got home to make sure she didn't make unauthorized charges. Believe me, these actions were warrented and this is just the short of it. We won't be giving her any more of our money because mostly I just don't want to see her again.

Ginny

Hi guys! I probably met many of you during the heliboogie. I had the same experience. Bad service all the way, although we camped 200 meters further up the valley. I am a good friend of the SBK-crew. Very good people. It is a shame such a bitch can be found in such a nice place.

So next year....if you still hate the french bitch, post a thread at onheading.com, and you will probably get all the help you need to jump from one of the worlds biggest legal walls!

edit to remove site info ~TA

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

I have not been there yet but have been corresponding with Olav and Najette and they were very helpful with the letter to the Norwegian Embassy and even when I changed my booking dates.

One thing I noticed was that the rates for a bunk bed were 180NOK( they did say normally for this period) but the website says 250NOK. So what was the rate in the end?

Hopefully this was just a Heliboogie thing, too many people and too much demand thing.

Kris.

Before we all cut and run, let's remember there are those who want us in Lysbotn too. The BASE KLUB does a wonderful service for jumpers and I think for them it is a labour of love. We should let them know about our experiences (good or bad). I just feel there must be another way to enjoy the area without having to deal with Najette.

Ginny

I Put my Wallet, Passport, and Checkbook in the "safe" during my stay there this year. When I went to retrieve them, My passport and wallet ONLY were given back to me. When I mentioned that my checkbook was also checked into the "safe," N. began to look around THE CAFE for my checkbook. Shuffling through papers, looking behind all the piles of order tablets, etc. Why would it ever be there in the first place??? Take a tip and if you need a safe, (and you will, from what I saw) the SBK offers a safe that actually IS.

Guys, you have a beautiful spot there...you're going to lose it if you run off the group who makes up the bulk of your business! Charge what's fair. DON'T go rummaging through people's things. Honor your word. Trust your guests...just a few suggestions. There was a dark shadow over Lysebotn for the entirety of my visit (and it wasn't just rainclouds!) that made this trip SO much less fun then my last with Iwar & crew in charge. I wish Olav luck in sorting out the difficulties of the business. It's not too late to turn it around!

Two more quick matters of opinion:
I second the Kiwi character in saying that the 500NOK meal card is not worth it...at all! Avoid it like the plague.

Also, when a theft occurs at a place such as the White House, it needs to be taken VERY seriously, ESPECIALLY by the proprietors. A businessperson who has respect for their clients and their business will take quick action to rectify the situation. Granted, it is not their RESPONSIBILITY to prevent theft in a place like the White House/Campground, but IMHO shrugging it off and blaming the 1st scapegoat that comes along is not how a business should operate. When a theft of ANY kind occurs within our community, it's also up to the collective (US) to work to fix the problem...whether that involves stirring a pot of tar or not...

pope

The hike takes 2 ours, and there are no need for boats etc.

Uh, you may want to adjust this a bit: in american time units it will be 3+ hours and you hike all you altitude :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

.if you still hate the french bitch

Hey hey hey... Don't draw any hasty conclusion here. She's only half french, and half norvegian. Needless to say, I don't take it against the norgies... ;)

Fabien
BASE#944

Yes she's a bitch and half French but she's not a bitch because she's French. I knew it wasn't just myself a few others. The truth is finally coming out. but as it has already been said, let this not reflect on the SBK as a whole. I know they have no control over this situation but let this just be their heads up.

Uh, you may want to adjust this a bit: in american time units it will be 3+ hours and you hike all you altitude :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

If you need to hear how it is to be a foreigner here, Yuri is the man. He has actually jumped more exits there than any other jumper!

PS: I have talked to the locals there. They want more jumping, and often miss people like us. This is why I am a cind of promoting the site.

Peace

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

Najette is quite beautiful and kept me laughing during my short stay. And, you're right, Olav is the man, not to mention his 19 year old 'available' and sexy daughter. However, the prices are the way of Norway. If you don't like paying a little to have a very short hike, bring a tent or head to another country.
Peace!
Night Base 107

Come to colorado ;)

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

KJERAG LYSEBOTN CAMPING FROM OLAV

we feel it is nessary to write an answer to the bs that was writen and we will leave it at that:
matt FIRST, as you seem to have forgotten you did get a special treatment here in the kafe. given you were eating here all the time we find it amazing after we served you A DOUBLE SERVING free of charge because as i said at the time to you "you re a big guy" evreysingle time you were her you were treated differently than the others and you know it so if i have punched your card for 10 or 50 nok more that i should have i did not do it purposely and im surprised you didnot say anything at the time ... were you scared of little me? weird man...
as for the puch card it costs 500 nok and you have 10s and 50s that you can use each time. the remaing is reimbursed at check out.
so how can it be ripp off its basic math.
CHRIS POPE we let you sleep the last night in the white house FOR FREE. remember? you did not give me your wallet and things i found them in the kafe when you gave them to another staff member. i found your items and put them in the safe. only i did not see you check book until i looked for it the last day... thats how you thank people for keeping your things and helping you out huh? feel free to stay elsewhere.
GINNY STONE always complaining to us about how uneasy she feels in her cabin because jumpers like adam and aldo are using drugs in there. not you... clear brain and perfect personality. you are saying that actually we did not charged your credit card extra and didnt go inside your cabin even with our spare key? why, thank you.
for the rest of the jumpers know that the boogie week is not an easy one and that we do our best to please every one as nathan wrote on the forum the prices here are the way of norway...
we try our best bad mouthing a staff is pointless.
the majority of our guests are happy and there will always be a few with a story.
kjerag lysebotn camping

bsbd!

Yuri.

If you need to hear how it is to be a foreigner here, Yuri is the man. He has actually jumped more exits there than any other jumper!

PS: I have talked to the locals there. They want more jumping, and often miss people like us. This is why I am a cind of promoting the site.

Peace

Fat Snake, read your PM box...

bad mouthing a staff is pointless.

I agree with you there, Olav--but I don't feel that I was bad mouthing you or your staff--I was sharing my experience there this year as compared to my last visit to Kjerag.

Please check your email inbox for the reply to the scathing one from you sitting in mine.

cheers,
pope

Just in time Olav wrote me by email I can piss off from his site after he red my part above.
I do not really like to go down on the level he wrote but
Olav and Najette, trust me, you are not the right people for service-business.

I have re-read my post and decided it borders to closely on a personal attack. I apologize for this since I would have liked to make my point without meanness and I have learned my lesson.

Ginny

Well, the insanity just does not end. I thought once I was home I would be done with the bullshit.

Just got a really screwed email from Olav, now they have really gone over the edge. He said;
" you were the one caught choving heineken bottles in your pocket at the pub on the last night of the boogie and najette was nice enough not to say anything have you forgotten rob or were you too drunk?"
Now you can call me many things and I might just agree with you, call me a thief however, and I'll tell you to get fucked.

I had to stop laughing so I could compose this post. As any costomer of Najette knows, she would never let a money making opportunity go. That's 48 NOK per beer!

I really feel for the SBK.

Rob

First off Olav I would like to say how much I have enjoyed staying at Lysebotn over the years. I thought Bjorg and Iwar were great hosts and I was dissappointed when they sold it but when I met the new owners 2 years ago I was totally stoked. It seemed as though everything would be business as usual but I guess nothing is forever, eh?

Personally Olav I enjoyed my interactions with yourself, Christina and Najette but after a while I could see attitudes change. Maybe it was the stress of all the people showing up but what really got me was the cavalier attitude Najette exibited in just walking into peoples rooms or cabins without invitation. You may own the campground and yes you do have the right to refuse service to anyone but as a paying guest I have the right to privacy.

I know Najette took those pills from my room. Why? because she was the only one who knew I had them or where they were. The story she gave me, the day after I gave her one for Christina's migraine, which conveniently seemed to have not affected her in the least, nor did she even take the pill, conveniently labeled one of my room mates as a thief. He wasn't. Her enquiries of others about pain meds or sleeping pills makes the situation pretty clear. If you are going to tell me otherwise then you need to check yourself. I've been around the block more times than I care to remember and I know a rat when I see one.

I thank you for your generous portions of food at the Cafe. But if that is meant to make up for everything else then fuck it. keep your campground and your French mistress, that Paragon of virtue. I know for sure a large contingent of BASE jumpers will not be coming back to your campground.
Try this for basic math, it's pretty simple. I spent about US$1,200.00 and that was just staying in the white house, eating at the cafe, drinking beers and using the showers. That's $1,200.00 a year I won't be spending at your establishment ever again.

I would however like to finish this on a positive note though. When the 2 of you break up and you get your act together and the campground starts running better then I'll come back and we can have a couple of cold beers and laugh about all this shit.
Stay stong Olav, you're gonna need it.

Has to say that "NiklasP" aint Olav or that girl,one of them borrowed NiklasP´s login whith agreement whith NiklasP.
As he aint online at the mo i thourght i would clarify that..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

PLEASE FATSNAKE

----- NO SITES NAMING -------