freeflydemon

Best RIG??

I'm going to star to base jump and I want to buy a new base RIG, so I want the best in the market...
I want to know wich is the better container and wich is the better canopy (excellent openings is a must), for jump big walls and little buildings.

It’s pretty much personal preference. I think this.... well another guy doesn't. Every rig sold by Apex, Asylum, and Morpheus is safe and will work. I love double pin rigs and dislike Velcro. Someone else feels the opposite. This topic has been debated so many times!

Do a search for Pin rigs, Velcro, and search the name of each container. You will find postings about what people think of each. Do the same with canopies.

Then you can make your decision. Please don’t start this debate again! :P:D

Coco

Top Three Manufacturers

http://www.apexbase.com/
http://www.baserigs.com/
http://www.asylumbase.com/

Edit: And most importantly, get the right training and enough skydives!

This and this link are posted at the top of the BASE forum.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Bottom line:

Ask 10 BASE jumpers this question and you'll get 10 different answers. You need to try out the various options and decide for yourself. The best way to do this is to buy one of each, but that's rarely practical. Try to borrow, rent or demo as many as possible before making a decision.

My personal preference: Blackjack in a Gargoyle.

Your personal preference: ??? but unlikely to be the exact same as mine.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

wich is the better container and wich is the better canopy (excellent openings is a must), for jump big walls and little buildings.

Hopefully your fjc instructor will help you understand that excellent openings aren't produced by what kind of container you are jumping, and not necessarily the canopy, either. Learn how to pack, and learn ho w to decide what the right equipment for the right jump(s) is.

pope

Just remember that to jump is human but to accessorise is DIVINE DARLING...stay tuned for the new BASE concept from Triax.
It looks like a handbag but actually is a fully functioning BASE container. No need for clumsy ill fitting harness contraptions, unless your in the comfort and privacy of your own home, just stuff everything in the top and stagger off your nearest exit point. If you're sufficiently attired then the relative wind blowing through your fishnets should fascilitate a perfect onheading opening giving you plenty of time to fix your lipstick and reapply some blush.

Triax Chief Test Pilot Chris Pope has this to say.
"Aaah...errr...well if you were to ahh...errr..umm...err.
..well what I'm trying to say is errr...umm...ahhh well
but...but I want...errr...eerrrr..."
"OH FOR CHRIST SAKES CHRIS, FUCKING SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!"

>>I'm going to star to base jump and I want to buy a new base RIG, so I want the best in the market...
I want to know wich is the better container and wich is the better canopy (excellent openings is a must), for jump big walls and little buildings.<<

You're asking for too much . . .

But, we're working on it.

NickD :)BASE 194

errr...ahh...errr..umm...err.
..well what I was REALLY trying to say is errr...umm...ahhh you need to...err umm...errr...eerrrr..."
"oh that's right, it was err...GET STUFFED YA SOFT FUCKING CUNT!!

edited to add that the handbag container, which we have called the "Strickland" is still under development and has not been fully tested at this time. When they are ready for the market, they will come stock with your choice of pink, black, or mauve fishnets which are in fact a critical part of the design integral to your safety.

We at Triax apologize for the length of time it is taking to release this product, The handbag deployment system--we get calls literally every day from (ahem) "different" BASE jumpers from around the globe begging for its release (and embedded rhinestone studding). [Interesting sidenote though...suspiciously, all of these callers seem to all have a NorCal area code and a Kiwi accent feigning bad Californian...curious, huh?]

In any case, the Strickland handbag deployment system will not likely make its debut in the Lysebotn Tourist Camp apparently. Look for it in a BASE boutique near you.

PS: to the "mysterious" Kiwi barraging us with phone calls with questions about the item; Yes, it is possible to sew an exterior pouch to the handbag sized for your XXL Maxi Pads! Now give it a rest, quit calling us, and get some work done on your GDP issues!
pope

fifty percent of Morpheus is British...;)
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

:D:D

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that. :P And the Troll is made in Slovenia.

Coco

Nah! US products are the best.

Weren't you the one who didn't want to start the debate???

However, in skydiving and BASE and just about anything else that's leading edge, I must agree!

Nah! US products are the best.

Weren't you the one who didn't want to start the debate???

However, in skydiving and BASE and just about anything else that's leading edge, I must agree!

No wingsuiting for you then?

..." the handbag container, which we have called the "Strickland" is still under development and has not been fully tested at this time. ."
-

Was it modeled after him ?
Rumor has it is that the "Strickland" Bag/container actually resembles a small shriveled sack-like, Scrotum ?

you haven't seen the new tony suit wingsuits have you then. :P;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

you haven't seen the new tony suit wingsuits have you then. :P;)

Bugger.

Ah well, last time I checked Tony was an Englishman. So I'm still kinda right :$.

Actually that was a typo. The container isn't called the Strickland, he's way too hard. It's called the "Wanker". However Ray is correct. The "Wanker" is rather small and shrivelled but can be used in conjunction with the "Soft Cock". When used correctly the and at the right speed a certain measure of hardness may be attained. For a demo contact Ray Losli. He will gladly show up and show you exactly how not to launch and exactly how feet can slip off of anything.

Triax will formerly be changing the Name of the new Handbag Deployment System (HDS) to the Maxi Bag Container (MBC) also marketed as the:

Precision Operable Parachute Extraction System-Accessory -Containment Unit New To-Triax Owner Operators.(POPES-A-CUNT-TOO)

It's a bit long winded but then again so are the people behind this venture. It wil come in Pink, Mauve and of course Rainbow.
A must have for any Jumper with Gender Dysfunction Projection issues.
Keep smiling and don't forget Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Sorry for brining up old thread. But here's what a couch looked like a few weeks ago

P.S. Pretty much all the rigs I have jumped were good rigs in my opinion. But a buddy of mine and myself seem to have a particular liking for Gargoyles.

Add HUCK IT made by tree jumps is one of the best double pin rigs around just my 2 cents

That's gorgeous man.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

how do you pack them pc´s? or is it just as storrage?

sadly i only has 2 rigs,but hey climbing is a bitch so it dosnt matter:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber