JaapSuter

Pie Slice Pilotchutes

like I said, this what I've heard from people using them. They were using a 42" pc with ace and BJ 240's. I've got one on the way so guess I'll find out...

That's my exact set up.

To answer your question, roughly 120 to 150 feet slider off. (Mine seems consistant at the lower end of that estimate).

Shaving 60/80 feet from that distance isn't possible with a pilot chute.

What I do understand to be the case, slider up, subterminal(4-6 seconds) has shown a reduction in altitude necessary to have pressuration.

I don't know what the reduction is, 60/80 feet seems to be a stretch. I've only jumped it one time slider up subterminal so my experience on that will have to wait.

... Tom...

Will you show a few clips of the pilot chute in action please.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Since F111 virtually eliminates oscillation, why not just always use F111 for all subterminal or all jumps. Can the stability of F111 PCs be improved by venting (F111 stills spills air like a ZP, just not as much)?? Has anyone tested or used a vented F111 PC? Perhaps a Toxic built of F111?
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

i do guess that if you want to make the same pull effect at your Vented F111 pc you´ll have to build it slightly bigger than a similar size zp pc.

And by nowerdays vented pc´s how big a problem is oscillation then?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Well, from what I hear people are still having dangerous oscillations with the vented ZP (even with proper symmetrical connection). So why not just use F111. Sure, it has a shorter lifespan, and so you may be buying a few more PCs in the long run, but I'd rather buy a few more PCs than a fat hospital bill. Why spend big bucks on a super sophisticated pie-slice ZP PC when you can get equal or better performance from a vented F111 (and have money left over to buy a spare)? Just wondering, not saying there's anything wrong with the current way, just exploring all the possibilities while trying to stamp out oscillations..
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Im not saying your wrong,actualy people who wonders makes things better so keep it that wayB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber