Calvin19

Blackjack Low Sliderup finemesh question

So, there is a 320meter A i want to jump from the top with my new gear, a Blackjack 260 and a finemesh slider, i jumped it like this with my dagger/large mesh gear. but my blackjack, fine mesh slider,
any problems with that?

open nose sliderup packjob, 42" PC, 4-5 sec delay.

so... help?

No problem at all, mate. I jump my Blackjack w/ fine mesh all the time. If you were to go from like 500ft I would put a big-hole mesh on it, but for a 4-5 sec from just over 1000ft I think fine mesh is the way to go. You're even getting into the range where I would use a 38 or 36 inch PC.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you'll get some more opinions on the matter.

Be Safe
-Bill

You "should" live...:)I jumped an 800 ft antenna last weekend slider up with a fine mesh slider and a black jack 240.
Took a 4-5 second delay with a 38 non vented pilot chute.
Everything went text book.

Chances are you will be ok. But don't quote me on that...;) this is for information/educational purposes only. Outcome may vary!

It's the only slider I use on my Black Jacks no matter what the delay is. Don't bother swapping it out with the large mesh.

Good luck.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

cool, thanks kids. i guess i would have done it anyway, my first jump back. Oui!
dont crash

Keep in mind that's the *strange* delay range. I've had no issues in that range personally but it's the range where off heading openings seem to be most prevalent. It's also a delay that doesn't allow for a lot of seperation from the object unless there's a tailwind.

First jump back, I'd suggest going slider down. If there's no tailwind, consider waiting till there is one.

Good luck!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Small mesh is the ticket with the black jack homie. Like Hookit, I also use it on 90% or more of my slider up jumps. But from what your explaining, I've always had great results in similar situations.
BK

Yeah, i agree. first parachute jump in 5 months, i should watch out. im bringing both rigs. one slider up, the other slider down. if no wind, climb to 400 and slider down, if wind, (and there almost always is in colorado) go to the top, and track for 5 seconds.

Cheers

I use a small mesh slider for all of my slider up jumping. For everything from 2 seconds at the Perrine, to full-on terminal, the small mesh has performed flawlessly and I have had no heading issues.

Be careful in that delay range. Be on it and be ready for things to get squirrely.

Welcome back brother.