Lee846

You're gonna jump acrobatics instead of flat&stable. The altitude is below 360ft.

I know that there are many jumpers now who jump aerials from the low stuff (below 360 ft)....
So my question is what PC size do you prefer for acrobatics?
For example: if your regular PC for flat & stable jump (probably a hand held jump) from 300ft is 42' what would be your choice for a gainer? double gainer or a barrel roll (stowed) from that object?
I'm curious because of all that threads about low alti stowed jumps.
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

For sub 300... 46! Make that shit come out! Also if you repack your pc right before the jump it has a faster reaction time. By the way acrobatics are very cool!
Symmetry doesn't matter.

i choose the the PC size based on intended delay, regardless of acrobatics or not and handheld or stowed.

maybe i'm missing something...

i also don't get why you would not go stowed for the flat and stable jump if you are prepared to to go stowed for the acrobatic jump..... (i know you need to for the arco that's not my point)

BTW walking away from a jump un-injured is very cool ;)

edited to add... for a Velco rig i'd probably use a larger PC than for a pin rig if it was a <100m freefall, but i don't have velcro anymore....

Good point Luke. Doing tricks should not change your pc size or delay. I just use a 46 for sub 300 no matter what.
Symmetry doesn't matter.

i also don't get why you would not go stowed for the flat and stable jump if you are prepared to to go stowed for the acrobatic jump..... (i know you need to for the arco that's not my point)

no problem... i jump it stowed even than flat&stable... but i think hand held is still a bit safer (remember the common opinion about sub 300ft)... Nevermind... the question was regular jums v.s. acobatics.
I feel good with my 42" on 300ft -- just got curious yesterday while preparing to the jump and watching other jumpers... we all did aerials but they jump 46'... sure for flat & stable they jump the same 46' but i still want to ask the community...

i think hand held is still a bit safer (remember the common opinion about sub 300ft)

ok, i can understand that (i don't necessarily agree but that is beside the point)

but if you choose not to stow for this jump because you feel it is safer, then what is the rational that makes you think you should do aerials and therefore be required to go stowed at the same object?

i assume by your rational that to you the stowed aerial in even less safe than just going stowed.... so why would you add two risk factors when you aren't totally happy just one of the two risk factors on it's own.

it's not really a question i'm looking for an answer to. just food for thought.

c-ya

i assume by your rational that to you the stowed aerial in even less safe than just going stowed.... so why would you add two risk factors when you aren't totally happy just one of the two risk factors on it's own.

it's not really a question i'm looking for an answer to. just food for thought.

Okay, you will get the answer. I'm a girl.:P So i know this way is not rational and even more -- i have already create my own opinion about that.
And i personnaly don't feel safer while going hand held -- that doesn't really matter -- i just like hand held jumps.
We could create a dozen of separated threads from this one but the topic was about the PC sizes.
Consider it a research -- i'd like to hear the people's opinion. Ready to change or correct mine... :)