Treejumps

NRG on NPR

I heard an interesting piece on NPR about the housing development that is planned for the property that borders the park in the gorge. Anyone who frequents the area knows that a housing development is in the works, and of course, the NPS oppse it. According to Chief Ranger, Calvin Hytes (sp) the NPS feels strongly that even though the property is all privately owned, because some of the house may be seen from within the park, the development should be altered so that no homes could be built within a line of site from anywhere within the park. The locals are mostly supportive of the developement because the area suffers economically, and has much higher unemployment than other parts of WV.

I'll bet if Calvin owned the land and it was his millions at stake he would feel differently. So much for private land rights. :(

Calvin also opposes any jumping outside the normal Bridge Day window, even if the jumping takes place from the state-owned bridge and landings were on private property. I've spoken with many people who fought for that area to become a National Park and now they regret it.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I have no good information but a contractor stop by my work the other day.

All I know is that he saw my sky diving pics and said they were planning a development down there. He claimed he lived in the area. This was the first I ever heard of this until just reading this.

Jason... If I win the powerball... you know therest....
"... and I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it...."