base428

Bridge Day 2006 Registration Starts July 1st at 2pm

REGISTER TO JUMP HERE

Bridge Day is the Super Bowl of BASE jumping with one day of legal parachute jumps from the 876' tall New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville, West Virginia. Over 450 BASE jumpers and up to 200,000 spectators are expected to attend Bridge Day 2006 on Saturday, October 21st. For most jumpers around the world, Bridge Day is a chance to make legal jumps, see old friends, and meet new ones. For 80+ jumpers each year, it's the chance to make their first BASE jump. For those interested in advanced training, Tom Aiello will be teaching a 3-day long course shortly before Bridge Day. If you're new to Bridge Day, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Jumper registration begins on July 1, 2006 at 2pm EST (19:00 GMT). At that time, refreshing your browser will allow the "ADD TO BASKET" button to be enabled. All 450 jump slots are expected to be sold quickly. Registered jumpers will be able to reserve more than 160 hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn Oak Hill and Quality Inn New River starting September 1st at midnight (first come, first served).

Bridge Day is the largest extreme sports event in the world held on the third Saturday in October every year in Fayetteville, West Virginia. Bridge Day is unique in that it is the only day visitors may walk across the bridge, BASE jumpers can parachute from the railing, and rappellers are allowed to descend and ascend fixed ropes. Vendors line both ends of the bridge selling stained glass, crafts, shirts, photos, and refreshments. Bridge Day is West Virginia's largest one-day festival and is rated one of the top 100 festivals in North America.

But adrenaline junkies beware - Bridge Day is only six hours long. Jumping outside the 9am-3pm window onto NPS property could result in a hefty fine and a year in prison. Many jumpers have recently petitioned the WV Department of Highways, Congressmen, and Senators for increased jumping days from the bridge's catwalk; an idea that has gained many supporters due to the positive financial gain for local businesses. Americas tallest bridge, the 1,053' tall RG Bridge, hosts a 3-day BASE jumping event each year. Twin Falls, Idaho welcomes year 'round BASE jumping from their 486' bridge and the local community embraces jumpers who bring millions of dollars in business to the area.

Jumpers from all over the world will be lined up to take their turn leaping from the world's second longest single arch bridge. Most will fall from the bridge for 3-4 seconds before deploying their parachute. Then they'll spend the next 20-30 seconds floating down to the designated landing zone located on National Park Service property at the edge of the New River.

BASE jumpers have jumped from the New River Gorge Bridge every year since the first Bridge Day on November 8, 1980 (the only exception being the cancellation of Bridge Day 2001 shortly after 9/11). The first Bridge Day saw five skydivers making BASE jumps from the bridge in the early days of the sport of BASE jumping. Over the years, Bridge Day became the place for thousands of skydivers to make their first BASE jump. It is also the largest gathering of BASE jumpers each year, complete with first jump seminars, packing classes, and a BASE gear trade show.

The average BASE jumper at Bridge Day last year was a 32 year-old male with more than 1200 skydives and 49 BASE jumps from various objects. For every 88 males that take the plunge at Bridge Day, you'll find 12 females along side them ready to enjoy the ride as well. Last year, over 429 jumpers and staff members made 829 jumps in great weather with only a few minor injuries.

The popular 16' commercial aluminum diving board, first introduced in 2003, will be returning to Bridge Day this year. BASE jumping aerialists from countries as far away as Australia and Russia will again travel to Fayetteville, WV to amaze the spectators with multiple flips and twists from the massive diving board before deploying their one and only parachute. The Vertical Visions team also plans to have a landing accuracy contest with cash prizes (1st place last year received more than $1500 in prizes), a BASE jumping film festival, and some special jumps that should make for an exciting Bridge Day 2006 for both jumpers and spectators.

All BASE jumping activities at Bridge Day 2006 will again be coordinated by Vertical Visions LLC, owned by West Virginia BASE jumper and skydiver Jason Bell (BASE #428, D-16725). Jason will be assisted by his wife Jennifer, Charleston native Bill Bird (D-6977), and over 50 staff members.

For questions regarding Bridge Day BASE jumping, please contact Jason Bell (click on the "base428" profile to the left for email address) or visit www.bridgeday.info. For further whuffo-type information on Bridge Day 2006, please visit the official Bridge Day website located at www.officialbridgeday.com.

Here are a few more links:
Schedule
First Timers Page
The LZ
Hotels/Camping
Shuttle Buses to LZ
Our Main Staff

-------
Vertical Visions LLC
Jason Bell - Owner
PO Box 934
Bridgeport, WV 26330
Phone: 304-203-8500
Email: Click on the "base428" profile to the left
Bridge Day Website: www.bridgeday.info
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Hi,

Jason Bell is a Very Great Guy !

Stay Safe !

Thank You,

Gerald Harendza
BASE #75
New York

Anyone else having issues with the website? I Hit add and it won't submit.....

Clicked out and now I can't even get to the main V- V.com website....

Coco

Server probably overloaded. I spent a lot of cash on this server last year and it sailed through registration. Not sure why it's bogging down now, stay tuned.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Thanks Jason.

By the way, has anyone managed to complete the registration? I can't seem to go past the www.bridgeday.info site.

Server probably overloaded. I spent a lot of cash on this server last year and it sailed through registration. Not sure why it's bogging down now, stay tuned.

thanks Jason.
while I think it's frustrating trying to get my slots, it must be 450 times worse for you!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

I spent a lot of cash on this server last year and it sailed through registration

Then you should of spent more dough because it ain't working.

What a joke!
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I got up to the part where I put in my CC# and it's timed out three times now. I hope I'm not getting charged each time.

I think you guys crapped it out at around 2:05. Looks like some got registered, but then the server died. We're working on it. My server company sucks, sorry. My apologies to all. We're working on it now. If everyone can stop refreshing for a few minutes, I can possibly get it online again. Thanks.

Jason,

I am just an invincible re-trad but this has nothing to do with refreashing.

Unplug the net card, the cable, the whole nine yards, reboot the shit out of it and maybe even re-compiling the Karnel might help.

Aren't you supposed to be an engenner or something, gee I'm a carpenter and I even know how to fux the shit!
TOSS MY SALAD

I was about to freak out!

Mine went through at 2:52!
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

Myself and 3 others are sitting at Skydive Chicago right now, got to the CC# and timed out... We'll stop refreshing now ;)
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Magot, what's this? You're actually spelling words more or less correctly? Are you that concerned?
Next thing we know, Faber's writing is gonna be impeccable.;););)

Ranch hands standing by as well !:P
Is it Bridge Day Yet ? :-)

Ranch hands standing by as well !:P

We're not in Kansas anymore lol. Came up for the holiday weekend
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

is it there yet?

is it there yet?

is it there yet?

is it there yet?

it will be like this for the first few hours at BD as well...
the line never seems to move fast enough!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

with all the money you make off BD you could of invest in a better server.
TOSS MY SALAD

Jumper registration begins on July 1, 2006 at 2pm EST (19:00 GMT).

I'm a little confused.

Registration (and/or server crashing) seems to have started 2 pm east coast time, but it's Daylight Savings Time here, which is only 4 hours behind Greenwich, not the 5 for EST. Thus 1900 GMT = 1500 east coast time. So registration should start at 3pm local.

(If my memory isn't wrong, I thought in a previous year the Daylight Savings was factored into the time properly.)

It doesn't matter now for this year, but perhaps we can make it more clear next year.

Jason, I'm in Twin Falls public library, the only place in this town with internet computers. They only allow 1hr of internet use per day here. I added the pass to cart at 2:02-2:03, then stuck at payment. I sent you email with CC info.

The latest message (2:51) I got is:

Fatal Error

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-OUI0-00003
Description: Too many Authorization attempts! Please verify that you're entering the correct credit card number and expiration date. Please wait 1292 seconds and try again or Contact Us. (../../common/oui_system.mvi:1586)

I can't wait 1292 seconds, they're kicking me o
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

<<>>

Who agrees with postponing registration for a week or so to give Jason time to get his server running?

This would also counter the obvious free-for-all that is sure to ensue if some of us keep trying until it works, while the rest of us have our backs turned.

Or if anyone has any better ideas I think it would probably be a good time to mention them.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Sites up just got mine 2 mins ago!
"He wants to make sure God wants him to live. So he spends a lot of time asking. He brings himself close to the edge.. If God wants to take him, all he needs to do is blow." Dave Eggers