jay81

why I STARTED B.A.S.E why DID YOU?

I started B.A.S.E.ing for one simple reason!!!!!! TO DIE. REALLY TO DIE!!! I DIDN'T/DON'T HAVE ALOT GOING ON IN MY LIFE AND FIGURED "WHY NOT" EITHER TO PROVE TO MYSELF I WAS/AM WRONG ABOUT WANTING THIS (DEATH) OR TO HAVE FOUND A FUN WAY TO "SNUFF IT". WELL AS IT TURNS OUT I WAS'NT/AM NOT AFRAID OF IT (DEATH) AND IT'S THE MOST FUN AND REWARDING THING I'VE EVER DONE--F.U. REAPER!!!!!!---- BETTER THAN ANY GIRL I'VE EVER BEEN WITH OR WHATEVER IN MY LIFE. BUT I DO KNOW WHAT MY ORIGINAL INTENTIONS WERE/ARE AND AS I PROGRESS I'M SURE I'LL PUSH IT AND......BSBD. I REALLY DON'T CARE AND IF I'M PARALIZED IN ANY WAY I'LL TAKE THAT AS A SIGN TOO. AND I FIND A WAY TO "SNUFF IT" FROM THERE AS WELL.

THE REASON I'M PUTTING THIS OUT THERE IS--WELL I'M WONDERING HOW MANY OTHERS ARE THERE? I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE? I'M SURE DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF ALOT OF YOU THERE IS PAIN. THE TYPE OF PAIN THAT I HAVE. THE NEGLECT THAT I HAVE FELT AND FEEL. THE LONELINESS I FEEL. ALL OF THAT SHIT THAT JUST MAKES YOU NOT CARE!!!!! AND MAKE YOU DO THIS THING.

I KEEPING MY NAME OUT OF SIGHT SO AS NOT BE CAST OUT AND POINTED AT LIKE A FREAK FOR SAYING WHAT I KNOW ALOT YOU KEEP INSIDE AND DON'T TALK ABOUT. ALL THAT DARK SHIT

personaly, i think thats kinda fucked up.
but, kudos.
slitting your wrist isnt something they put in a eulogy is it?

Dude, you should really seek help, get that crap checked out by a shrink/head doctor. I'm not sure there are any of those here on dropzone.com that could help. Sorry :(
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I APPRECIATE THE GET HELP THING IN ALL. BUT FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WHO SERIOUSLY RISK THEIR LIVES LIKE THIS AND I KNOW AND YOU KNOW THAT ONE LITTLE ERROR CAN RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD LEAP. I JUST CANT BEVIEVE I'M THE ONLY ONE?!? I'M JUST CURIOUS? AM I? NO WAY. ASK YOURSELVES WHAT PROMPTED YOU TO START SKYDIVING? WHAT SET YOU OFF? YOU HAD NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE. ETC. I NOT A DOWNER (PERSONALITY WISE-YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW IT IF YOU MET ME) OR ANYTHING BUT I KNOW WE ALL HAVE THIS INSIDE WHY ELSE WOULD YOU RISK. AND BY THE WAY AGAIN I'M HAVING MORE FUN NOW THAN ANYTHING OR ANYONE HAS BROUGHT TO ME EVER. IN MY WHOLE LIFE BUT I KNOW EVENTUALLY--BSBD. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!

Nice use of CAPITOLS! Does that mean that you are yelling?
This guy's full of shit. Pretty obvious. Kinda like some other idiots I know around here. Hey Jay, how about detaching your 3 rings so your rig looks all nicely packed and ready to go? That aughtta make a big impact! Make sure you pull high!
$50 bucks says I get banned again on my first post back!

fine!! i'm not full of shit. if you knew who i was--you would KNOW I'M not full of it. anyway the question is still out there!! nobody wants to admit it. and if you still think i'm full of it. ask yourself what was the original reason you got into it all????

anyway the question is still out there!! nobody wants to admit it.

I'm not always happy with where my life has taken me and I'm certainly not happy in my current situation. But that doesn't mean I'm suicidal or anything like that. All I need to do is remind myself of the good days I've experienced to get me through the less than good days. In otherwords I still have faith that more happiness awaits me before I want to check out of here. But I'm sure if I went in on a jump, not many would notice or would care and that has helped in the past towards making that leap of faith into the abyss.

ask yourself what was the original reason you got into it all?

Why do I jump? I jump because I love playing in the skies (this applies to both BASE and skydiving) and the risk of dying on a jump is worth the reward of being able to play where very few people on this planet have ever ventured. But I also have no dependents (other than a pet) and my demise on a jump would only effect myself, my family and any friends who care about me.

I am concerned about people with your attitude though. In the whuffo public's eye, we're all a bunch of adrenaline junkies with death wishes and I would like to prove all those whuffos wrong by surviving my future skydives and future BASE jumps well into my old age. But when we have people who don't care using jumping as a way to figure out how far they can push their limits before they go too far, then these people are showing little respect for the sport and the people who care about the sport. It's one thing to die being a pioneer ... it's another thing to die because you don't care. If you don't care, there are better ways to do yourself in while not hurting the sport.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But I'm sure if I went in on a jump, not many would notice or would care...

Fuck you, you fucking asshole. Stop being such a bitch and come on over on Saturday. Grandiose BBQ!

You having a barb-be? Maybe I should stay alive at least that long. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I started BASE because I wanted to feel even more alive.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I started BASE because I wanted to feel even more alive.

Thats why I want to start it...

.-|-.Kaint.-|-.

I started BASE because I want to fly. And Wingsuit BASE is the closest thing(for me anyway). As a kid I would tuck a one end of a towel around my shirt collar and pretend to be superman.

I don't want to die, I don't even want a scratch.

Kris.

hey canuck thanks for at least kinda saying "IT" a little (even though you didn't) but i'm not going "IN' on purpose at anytime. i'm going to keep going until..... i'm never stopping.

a side note too--- have you ever noticed on THE LIST. in the "outside the sport" list..........how many suicides. and not to mention all the risky behavior. but mostly the suicides. doesn't seem like alot of 100% happy people (i know nobodys 100%).

and another side note alot of the guys i have B.A.S.E d with sure share alot of the early childhoods other character traits as i. so iguess that's where i'm coming from. i was just wondering and putting it out there and being honest. sorry.

That Sugar Ray "I just want to fly" song keeps playing in my head:
Iiiiii just want to die...

;) Freak.

hey i appreciate all of the personal messages i've recieved can't answer them all have to go to work but the few i've read so far at least validate some of my thinking, mostly in the sense that this is something "we all" just don't want to publicly don't want to talk about.

because people like JACK DOFFDONNER out there will just slam you and make fun of you even though they might have some similar feelings---just so they can look cool and say whatever they have to say that's popular and do what everybody else does and says. we do live in a phony populist P C SOCIETY DONT WE. JUST SAY ALL THE RIGHT THINGS AND NOBODY WILL THINK YOUR WEIRD. (EVEN IF YOU B A S E).. HEY JACK DOFFDONNER I'M NOT ATTACKING YOU JUST WHAT YOU SAID AND HOW YOU SAID IT. i know alot of people goof on this sight=this is not of goof. and again thanks for all the PMs. i'll keep them all to myself==

That Sugar Ray "I just want to fly" song keeps playing in my head:
Iiiiii just want to die...

;) Freak.

That 2 Live Crew song "me so horny" keeps playing in my head. :D:D:D uh, horny for a jump that is...
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

That 2 Live Crew song "me so horny" keeps playing in my head. :D:D:D uh, horny for a jump that is...

PM sent :D

because people like JACK DOFFDONNER out there will just slam you and make fun of you even though they might have some similar feelings---just so they can look cool and say whatever they have to say that's popular and do what everybody else does and says. we do live in a phony populist P C SOCIETY DONT WE. JUST SAY ALL THE RIGHT THINGS AND NOBODY WILL THINK YOUR WEIRD. (EVEN IF YOU B A S E).. HEY JACK DOFFDONNER I'M NOT ATTACKING YOU JUST WHAT YOU SAID AND HOW YOU SAID IT. i know alot of people goof on this sight=this is not of goof. and again thanks for all the PMs. i'll keep them all to myself==

HUH??!! Jack Doffdonner PC? Popular? Do what everybody else does and says???!! Not weird???
Now that's pretty funny! You're so mean for attacking me! I'm gonna go slit my wrists.
(Dude, serioulsy though, if you really are that is. Don't kill yourself!) Or I'll kill you!

how youuuuuu doin?

I started B.A.S.E.ing for one simple reason!!!!!! TO DIE. REALLY TO DIE!!!

There is a lot of that going around, whether we talk about it here or not. I know that was pretty much my original motivation.

In all honesty, my experience has been that people either get past that point, or they really do go in. It's interesting the number of folks I know who started BASE because they had nothing left to live for, and then found things to live for because they were BASE jumping.

One of my friends once described it something like this "psychotherapy is to scalpel as BASE jumping is to hatchet."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

One of my friends once described it something like this "psychotherapy is to scalpel as BASE jumping is to hatchet."

Wouldn’t that make more sense phrased this way: BASE jumping is to psychotherapy as hatchet is to scalpel?

I started B.A.S.E.ing for one simple reason!!!!!! TO DIE. REALLY TO DIE!!!

There is a lot of that going around, whether we talk about it here or not. I know that was pretty much my original motivation.

somewhere I came across the idea, "if you were perfectly content and happy, why would you do ANYTHING?"

heck, marketers make you feel dissatisified with your life. then they offer whatever they are selling as the ideal solution!

so, I suspect many participants started to escape something...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

how youuuuuu doin?

i though your ****** was hurt? thats what you said on video...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

how youuuuuu doin?

i though your ****** was hurt? thats what you said on video...

? I'm perfectly fine ? I'm going to add that music to my car horn repertoire. Nothing like going through an intersection with the horn blaring "me so horny. me love you long time!"
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I started Base jumping because its fun really really extra super FUN stuff...
, also skydiving is fun, a lot of fun !!
, all people around the sport are funny...travelling for the sport is fun too.

And no, I really dont want to DIE or have any kind of scratch...

Have fun guys and be careful with those 3 rings...

:P