Calvin19

debadge

so, im debadging my Blackjack canopy, taking off the black jack patches on either side of end cell ribs, anybody got advic e against this?
Im a seemstress(er?) so im very good at modifications on hang gliders, sails for boats, clothes, paragliders, etc. but never worked on a parachute, does this patch have any structural use? other than it helps a bit?
I will be very areful tearing seem.
debadgeing for the same reason i debadge my care, it looks better.

thanks

CH

Post Script,
plus, i cant walk, so im bored

-SPACE-

I believe the BJ lable is sewn into the lower surface mainseam. You can pick stitches out on 3 sides and CAREFULLY cut away the lable from the mainseam. Unless you have a proper 2-needle machine with cloth puller, do not take the mainseam apart and try to restitch it, the results will probably be less than standard. Also, do pay attention to v-tape stitching as not to cut any of these.

Have you ever seen my logo during a jump? It is very small when you are flying that 260 ft beast. Leave it on and go disassemble something else.
Symmetry doesn't matter.

dude. last time i checked, a few walls have gotten a really good look at YOUR label, a really close look i might add.

I believe the BJ lable is sewn into the lower surface mainseam.

I believe the label is free-floating on the outside rib.

That is the case on the PD made Blackjacks/Aces.

Not sure about pre-PD.

I actually phoned up Adam F when I thought about doing this and he said it is not sewn into anything important.

I looked at my Blackjacks and could see what he meant.

I never did debadge my Blackjacks and now I won't bother because I'm going to sell them this year.

you are correct, nothing vital in the stitching.
sounds like a good idea now
thanks

-SPACE-

I have one sitting right here and removing it would be fine. On the label side, snip every 4th thread or so all the way around. Reach inside and pull the back thread out.

Put the label on the wall or send it to me and I'll sew it onto my Stiletto.

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

If I ever build a canopy, I'm going to make sure the label will be the entire linch pin for the canopy. That way, if any farger tries to mess with it, the canopy will disintegrate. Maybe it should be booby trapped too! :D:D
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

If I ever build a canopy, I'm going to make sure the label will be the entire linch pin for the canopy. That way, if any farger tries to mess with it, the canopy will disintegrate. Maybe it should be booby trapped too! :D:D

Would you put on a warning label that reads:

"Warning, removing this label will damage your gear" ?

:D
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Actualy, i wanted to take ALL the badges off my gear for a few reasons, most important being first
-same reason i debadge my car, it looks better, and i can put whatever i want in its place.
-so the Dynasty cant take picutures of it when i get busted
-so i dont get reminded by lawyers that im about to die every time i jump (warning labels)
-last, and the most fun,
im going to make pants out of the resulting free labels, 2 blackjack, 2 warnings, 1 Dagger,

-SPACE-

Originally, the Mojo shipped with a really funny warning label that said, down at the bottom "Removing this label will damage your gear".

It also had all kinds of other humorous warnings, like the maximum placarded ego allowed on the canopy, and the requirement that you "just read the warning label and figure it out for yourself".

I still have an original warning label, and I've seen T-shirts with them. Putting one on the back of an F-111 jacket would be quite amusing.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Would you put on a warning label that reads:

"Warning, removing this label will damage your gear" ?

I'd put it on the underside - so you can't read it until you've taken it off;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?