Bazair2air

Do Not Throw Rocks From The Bridge!

all your previous aerials were from 876 ft and above (slider up, I assume?).

No…..Slider off…Nothing like a 7 second delay slider off to wake you up in the morning.:P

then 3 single gainers (all slider off?, all laid out?), from 486 ft and that is the point you felt ready to throw a double from 486ft?

YUP! I’ve got at least 30 Double reverses from 900+, a few double fronts, and lots of single reverses. Through watching the videos I have shot of my jumps in freefall I can see it takes ~200 feet or less to do two rotations. I haven’t had any issues with over/under rotations and have been exiting my rotations into tracks very smoothly. You yourself even said the double was nice until the early pull. The pull sequence is more difficult than coming out into a track in my opinion and as I do it more and more it will get better and cleaner. Yes I’m less conservative than most but that’s my comfort zone. If you didn’t when you were at my level than that’s you. Faber’s got almost 300 and he has yet to do anything but flat and stable he says. That’s his comfort zone and I respect that.

I’m curious as to where the ‘retard-jump’ fit into this well planned progression?

Ya know what…Whatever dude! There are tons of people out there that have done stupider shit than that and had scarier jumps than I have had. I’ve heard many stories about other jumpers that have had some major fuck ups and they weren’t even doing anything out of the norm. They just don’t show the video or talk about them so no one ever knows but their jump buddies. It was a fun jump and it gave a few people some laughs. Just let it be.

How’s that sound Jimmy?? :D

Coco

how does that sound?

it sounds like you have a spectacular surprise waiting in your future and you are being blinded by your arrogance from seeing it

don't expect much sympathy when it happens with that attitude

done

Ya know what…Whatever dude! There are tons of people out there that have done stupider shit than that and had scarier jumps than I have had. I’ve heard many stories about other jumpers that have had some major fuck ups and they weren’t even doing anything out of the norm. They just don’t show the video or talk about them so no one ever knows but their jump buddies. It was a fun jump and it gave a few people some laughs. Just let it be.

David on a real note, this is not a personal attack. Just trust me here. Whether or not you admit it, you are looking for attention on some level here. Yes everyone has their comfort zone, but when there are more than a few saying slow down, maybe its for a reason?, it might pay to pay attention. You said it yourself, "There are tons of people out there that have done stupider shit than that and had scarier jumps than I have " Why do you want to be that other person? By saying they have done "stupider shit" are you admitting that you might be doing something stupid?" I am trying to be the devils advocate here. Don't get me wrong, I am not judging you. I guess what I am trying to say is that all BASE jumpers need to constantly need to effectivly evaluate themselves. I personally, after a school of hard knocks, can say that I can; can you?

You also mention people not showing their videos. Here is another key point. Why did you show the video? what was the net gain? what did you want to accomplish from showing the video?

I am not totally sure about how to address all of this, but what I can say is that Attitude good or bad goes a long way and it takes a long time to change peoples first and or new bad impressions. I know that you are a smart guy David, hell you just finished that firefighter/paramedic course. Please be objective in how you want to project/ present yourself to the online BASE community if that is where you want to be accepted/belong.

Personally one of the bigger things I have learned is to not try to get everyone to like you... fk em. If they dont accept you for who you are, dont be fake and dont be a sheep like 99.9% of the world., they can move on. There are plenty more things in life to worry about..

I hope this wasnt to garbled, but I seriously dont want to see you get hurt among other things. We are a family and I think everyone here dosent want to see any of us get hurt or worse. I believe that most of us care for each other as a BASE family on some level to some degree no matter who/where/what country/etcc...

David,
Take this for what it's worth.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Firstly – I didn’t start this post, so I wasn’t “looking for attention”. It came to me. Not that I care Chris. Like I said before, it’s all good. I liked the pics and the sign. Good Stuff.

Secondly - I was asked to post the video. I didn’t start a post and say “hey everyone look at my jump that didn’t go quite as planned.” And I put other jumps on there to show that I do have abilities other than flailing around. I couldn’t get the gainer to go over so I barrel rolled out of it and pitched. Nothing new, others have done that many a time on regular gainers without the addition of being thrown off the object. And the only issue with my double reverse was the pull sequence which as stated by a very well know and respected jumper through a PM “I thought your double looked fine until the pitch sequence. That is however, the most important part, and can't really be practiced in the gym.” That will come with time and practice. Whether I have 500 jumps or 58 that could still be an issue and can’t be learned on the ground. I have made every conscious effort to safely prepare myself for the very basic aerials that I do.

Thirdly – I have shown an excellent attitude on this board up until my last post where I showed some sarcasm and disgust. There are plenty of times when I have caught shit for comments or what not, stated my case and handled it in a professional matter, right, wrong or indifferent. I’ve actually been commended quite a few times on my positive attitude in handling criticism and accepting advice.

Coco

Edit for spelling

On the rain/slipping/footwear tip, might I suggest a sticky rubber approach shoes made for climbers?

Try this, or similar:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FE0EO8/qid=1150735348/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/002-0046453-6186479?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&v=glance&n=3375251

And no, I'm not a BASE jumper (yet?), but I have put my time in as a climber, so I know the value of good quality footwear.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.