RayLosli

When to Get Out - Split from Memorial Day Fatality

Ray

I like the way you think. You bring and say things that make people think and that is rare these days. To many people are "sheep" and are followers. You are one of those rare Sheep Herders. So.. um get to tending to you flock... I think someone needs a beating :o
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Ray Losli is Hero of the Human Spirit. Brave, Kind and Wise, I have never met a better jumper or BASE instructor.

Dwain Weston and Psyilly Nic are sexy gods. Ray is better because he is still here.

Ray hand makes gorgeous Base rigs called SoftCock. He self-taught, researched and worked passionately until he created these beautiful containers.

The S&TA Jim said ‘your going in’ as did most, when they heard the words ‘homemade gear’

Yet like Dr. Salk, who first injected himself with his polio vaccine, Ray jumped his rigs, and the won the praise and affection of the Australian himself.

Thucydides, remarks “Restraint impresses men most”

True addiction IS moderation

If you want to drink everyday, a bottle of wine a day will give you more total buzzed hours than a lifestyle of shots of jack and hangovers

Socrates speaks truth in his immortal words “the unexamined life is not worth living”

Ray is Noble to ask these questions. He is a teacher and a Philosopher.

• When I finish this Odyssey, I’m coming home to Portland and I look forward studying with you.

Semper Fi,

Joe
SoftCock MossTosser School of Base 2001
B|

WHEN TO GET OUT?

If you have to ask yourself this question now it's the time to get out.

I asked you why you thought that.

You came back with a smart arsed remark.

I pointed out that it's a bit rich (macho, cliched, etc), you telling experienced jumpers what they should do and when they should quit, and that life isn't so black and white.

You come back by pointing out to me that we're all in it for different reasons.

Nick.(deep breath) I KNOW. That's what i'm telling you! You're the one with all the answers for everyone, not me.

Dude, Lay off the crack pipe magot gave you, or the blow backs down his magnum barrel, and when that mist clears and you read the thread again, you might see that.

You are 100% right. People get into BASE for different reasons and after considering many options and risks. If follows that they get out of BASE for different reasons and after considering many options and risks.

Questioning your motives, re-evaluating what is important in life, re-prioritising the various aspects of your life, re-assessing longevity and mortality, that doesn't mean it's time to quit jumping like you seemed to think.

This isn't a feud with you Nick. I genuinely don't agree with the train of thought (DOUBTS = TIME TO QUIT) and i think it promotes a mindset where people become afraid to talk about their doubts or their fears because it might be perceived as a weakness.

I'm not mud slinging for the sake of it. I simply do not agree, but hey, that's personal too.

Chris,
Ming the Merciless Emperor of Mongo.

Maggot,
My thought exactly. However we all know you are not that well equipped so when I go in Martina might need few Maggots.

Ray,
Should I set up a hot-line for BASE counseling and mid-life BASE crises? 1-800-call-ray, option 2, option 1 is phone sex for Maggot.

Ian,
I was not telling anyone what to do I just was expressing when I will quit. You know me so little, everyone knows I am into psychedelic drugs, not stimulants. For someone who knows the gray and fuzziness in life you sure come across as a positivist. Also, IMO you are in the wrong business, really. You could be very, very successful writing lines for Chinese fortune cookies.
Memento Audere Semper

Call it a dead spiral if you will, I call it a learning experience. Yes at times the aerial goes to shit and you over-rotate, your low pull is too low and you end up crash-landing if lucky, a swoop gone wrong, a fucked-up exit that nearly kills a buddy of yours and the list continues.

And The List continues.

You could be very, very successful writing lines for Chinese fortune cookies.

See you can be funny when you try...i'll give you that one. And i hear there might be a job going as scriptwriter for Chuck Norris' new movie "A FORCE OF ONE II" if you want me to put a word in for you.

ONE MAN.........ONE CANOPY.........ONE BRIDGE.........

ian

Damn Joe, I have never heard so many kind words about me. I most defiantly WANT YOU to do my Epitaph at my Funeral. After I fucking Smoke-it-In to the Dirt !
Last time I ever said so many nice thing about someone. I was Chatting some Chic up at the Pub to get in her Pants while trying to slip a couple Ruffies in her Beer.
Flattery will get you everywhere though and Thanks. I am just uncomfortable with just one statement. "Dwain Weston and Psyilly Nic are sexy gods. Ray is better because he is still here."
I would like to say, I will never be better than Dwain. I was Only a better jumper than Nick. Being alive is not a status promotion over the dead it just a given Perk.

I most defiantly WANT YOU to do my Epitaph at my Funeral. After I fucking Smoke-it-In to the Dirt !

Be sure to include Ray's trademark overhaul to conventional grammar and spelling. ;P