Basjkall

Virtus rigging

Hi

Some more pics of my selfmade rig. Now its finished and I`ve flown it twice.. ;)

Love it..B|

Peace out

Just a couple of questions...

1) Why did you design the container to extend past the boc/pc?
2) With the said, with the current design, are you not worried about the bridle becoming entangled on the bottom of your container?
3) Overall, what is your goal with your design? Is it a low profile rig?

Michael

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

Answers....

1) Why did you design the container to extend past the boc/pc?

To complete the profile over the body, and to make it as smooth as possible. Which looks more like a real wing; mine or yours? Why do you think every wingsuit have these back deflectors? Same reason..

2) With the said, with the current design, are you not worried about the bridle becoming entangled on the bottom of your container?

Maybe if I fly backwards and throw it under the container... Or stand up... Its possible of course..
Im not doing slider down acro jumps with it, superterminal belly down forward mainly..

3) Overall, what is your goal with your design? Is it a low profile rig?

Mainly to get a low profile rig, ending as far back as practically possible. To reduse drag and to shift the lifting point of the body further back. Less drag, more speed, more fun, more beer and more girls!
Less time spent in the air, more time spent drinking karsk...;)

Going to test it in a wind tunnel soon, (horizontal test tunnel) and compare it with my old Vertex. I`ll post the results of course.

looks great,...what size is the canopy?
did you feel a certain improvment of the aerodynamic airflow,...

nice to see how other people have similar ideas...;)

Canopy is a O-p 293 Flik..

Need more jumps on the same suit with the new and the old rig to compare and feel the difference, but Im sure its there.. ;)

Have any pictures of you donning it with a wingsuit?
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I like the idea of a low profile rig but I can think of a situation where u need to dump early and are not at terminal.

What happens if you jump and go unstable and have to pitch early. You could also be knocked it were a 2-way jump, but maybe your only ever doing solos.

Don't get me wrong, a super streamlined rig is the way to go, but all it takes is a dodgy exit or bad body position on dump and you could be in trouble.

I think its only developed for tracking and wingsiut,...
then you shoud be able to do a proper exit...;)

Oooooo... See, if you would have stated it was for terminal or wing suit flying, it would have totally made sense...

Now that I know where you are coming from, great idea!

Michael

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

3 pins?

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

>>>Don't get me wrong, a super streamlined rig is the way to go, but all it takes is a dodgy exit or bad body position on dump and you could be in trouble.
~Same applies to jumping a wingsuit.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

its just like landing a xaos-78 main. this is not for beginners. if you use a rig like this for your first base jump youre probably a douchebag. same as someone who buys a competition coblat after passing aff.

these guys are almost bad ass enough to make an energy drink. its better they are making rigs.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

these guys are almost bad ass enough to make an energy drink. its better they are making rigs.

These guys are the real deal. The chances you're going to see them selling soda pop is pretty close to zero.

In the next edition of the BASE dictionary, I'm pretty sure if you look up "being a true bad-ass without selling out even his pinky finger" you'll find a picture of Andreas.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In the next edition of the BASE dictionary, I'm pretty sure if you look up "being a true bad-ass without selling out even his pinky finger" you'll find a picture of Andreas.

Aint that the truth..!:P

Hey Andreas...and you say you have a flix 293...... So...you found the Mcdonalds locations that Tom posted before...:o

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Yo, how do you rig that thing? Do the risers have a regular length? Is it pretty much "just stuff the canopy into the container" sort of deal?

Does is it really make that much of a difference on flights?

Are you selling them?

blue skies,
Chris
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Hey basjkall,....are you jumping that rig at the heliboogie?
i would like to take a close look on it :):P

Another interesting aerodynamic container:

HYBRID

"After 2 years research and testing, Adrenalin is proud to present to you the HYBRID which is now available and added to the line of products ADRENALIN already produces such as the ZAK. Aimed for experienced jumpers, this unique harness container, allows you to still make “classic” jumps but thanks to its profile, seriously improves penetration and lift on tracking and wingsuit jumps. The idea of the HYBRID is to reduce drag to a minimum by adapting the container to the profile of a human body in flight.

Adrenalin has accomplished this task by producing the following:

- A container stretched longer with the collar positioned at the base of the neck, the collar positioned in this way avoids air to come between the back and the container, this therefore considerably reduces drag.

- A container a lot thinner which blends in with the shape of a wingsuit or tracking clothing.

- The bottom of the container angled at 45° allowing increased air flow over the whole surface therefore increasing lift.

- An extremely light harness container."
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Anyone on this forum jumping this Hybrid rig want to give me their opinion of it? I just did a search on it and found this thread.

I am planning to give this one a try / buy it, and would like to hear more about it...

jt

Hey how was your pulls ? You doing WS specific ?
One question with this Rig and Wingsuit. I am assuming that this Rig was built specifically for WS because of the style and shape.
On my pull technique on WS and with others I am sure. When I go to pull. I collapse the suit and slap my arms back and place my hands on the bottom of the Rig to help make clear the wing fabric. Then slide my hands up the bottom of the container to the BOC to make the PC grab and the pitch.
With your two first flights. Hows the feel for the grab PC technique you do with the extra container length ? and the BOC container positioning on the container itself does it feel pretty good ?
also very nice job. looks really nice.

The Hybrid is a good idea. Its aerodynamic and har a slick profile. But then they totally forgot the Flaps.

The flap-system is totally wrong and creats a huge drag. they should be made more like a Gargoyle-flap

The flap on the ybrid is to big, to bulky and to soft.
If you could tuck the whole thing in, it would create much less drag.

/martin
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

Less drag, more speed, more fun, more beer and more girls!
Less time spent in the air, more time spent drinking karsk...;)

Fuck Andreas the last Party at Hongs place was a ripper.
The last cup of Karsk was taken around 7 AM. Jesus!!!

Anyhow, the rig is the shit! The hybrid is a ok Idea but it falls when you see the flap, its to bulky and soft.
It has to be stiff and tucked in. Just like you made it.

Im getting a smaller canopie for next year. Aiming on a 220 or a 190 Mojo. (anybodu has one for sale?) That would create a tiny rig ;)

/martin
Team Bautasten of sweden.
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden