Squeak

not the worst article written about BASE

I like this quote

"It seems that with all the accidents and deaths that it would be a good idea to make it illegal to BASE jump." -- Janet

Lets make driving your car illegal too, and how about making ciggies and booze illegal also?

Dummy

www.myspace.com/durtymac

"Lets make driving your car illegal too, and how about making ciggies and booze illegal also ? Dummy "
-
Hey Mr.. HighFly isn't that what they do for the Stupid People who can not Drive Responsible or Safe or that have habitual history of sever Alcohol Abuse ???
Maybe it would not be such a bad idea to make that Bridge ILLEGAL to BASE jump off of ???
That way BASE jumping Injury and Death there would definatly DECREASE. You know WHY highfly ???
Because #######. Every BASE Jumper Knows. As a NORMAL Illegal BASE object. REAL Responsible BASE jumpers would be forced to Jump more Responsible. With More Jump Planning. While GIVING that object the Respect, it Deserves.

EDIT to REMOVE the word :
DumbAss

You are the dummy, dummy. I thought this country was founded on freedom...isnt it great that you can go to this bridge in idaho and jump it legally during the day without stress? Oh, i guess not. Now that would be stupid. It is up to the person to make the decision of whether or not they wanna jump, and if they should jump in certain weather conditions. If they fuck up, well thats their problem. People get hurt and die all the time in car accidents not related to alcohol or irresponsibility.
Therefore.RayLosli.You are.A.Dumbass.Because.you make a terrible argument.

...You are.A.Dumbass...

This is a personal attack.

Please review the Forum Rules, specifically:

1. No personal attacks.

I've banned you from this forum for 14 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have deleted the Word (dumbass) from the Post I made. but I am NOT sorry for that. I am just making minimal effort to be a nice guy.
also: the asinine analogy of making your Car, Cigarettes & Alcohol Illegal was started by, HighFly. I only responded to his Post as he worded it.
I am ALSO aware that this may not be MY BEST Argument. So HEY, let me through out an argument. That ANYONE can comprehend.
I was NOT making an argument but just a Quite Obvious Observation as a normal BASE jumper with a Brain of average intelligence. Obviously people make decisions in there lives day by day. Sometimes they are not so good with the ending result being far less than (lets just say) Healthy. We ARE NOT talking about driving or drinking. We are talking making MAXIMUM use of playtime BASE jumping in Twin Falls. Plus making a responsible Jump Plan while your Playing.
The One think I will argue about is. The Bridge while it has such a forgiving BASE layout in technical BASE jumping. This bridge draws large BASE traffic. BASE traffic that FORGETS that sometime having a good Jump-Plan or proper Learning Curve before exiting that Span can shorten your Life-Span. It breeds fast and quick jumps decisions on THREE FACTS ALONE. The ability to.
1- Make easy jump access. 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
2- The availability to make - Mass Repetitious BASE jumps.
3- There is NO ONE to answer to. for any decisions made. Good or BAD.
Personally I really do not care if this bridge get to be like any other bridge I and any NORMAL & current BASE jumper, jumps every day. That would be the normal illegal & discreet BASE jump.
For others that are NOT so fortunate as to have a solid BASE background and training of several years and hundreds of jumps like most NORMAL BASE jumpers. If this bridge were to be illegal they would NOT jump it.
Those 3 reasons as I posted above. WILL be this bridges Down Fall. I personally wont like it but Hey, I'm a BASE jumper. I can live with it.

I've banned you from this forum for 14 days.

The BASE forum god has spoken! (Thunder and lightning in the background)

PS. this is not a personal attack

How many jump oppertunities in people's backyards are lost because of wasting time arguing on dz.com?
Gravity Research Institute

I thought this country was founded on freedom...isnt it great that you can go to this bridge in idaho and jump it legally during the day without stress?

I doubt it will help, but here goes...

when an individual chooses freedom, they must accept the responsibility as well. thus freedom is not the same as recklessness.

if the carnage continues, I would NOT fear a law against jumping from the bridge. I would fear a charge of reckless endangerment (or something similar). would a jury of 12 feel the waterfall jump was planned sufficiently?

you decide and are free to act accordingly.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Sometimes a man has to ask himself, "WWTAD"

for a klondike bar?

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Greeting.

I do not post here as my country has no dropzone, and its very small set of jumper at base are not much like community here, nor have gear like you have. I am struck by what you say as I begin looking for people online and reading information about sports activities I like. Do you not remove legitimacy from your sport by removing legal site for it. Excuse me for not understand but if you say this bridge should be made illegal because of reasons then you also say that base jumping is not a legitimate activity in the same breath. You say that base jumping is only for certain few, and certain few should be allowed to do it, and it should be illegal because this will insure only these certain few do it. Those few then, are breaking the law that so many fight hard to change, and those few should be punished in your line of thought for being dumb enough to be caught??????? I think you step over the line by say this and maybe think only you special to do BASE.
Maybe I misunderstand though, but your post make me register and post my view...

-Hamid

"...Do you not remove legitimacy from your sport by removing legal site for it. Excuse me for not understand but if you say this bridge should be made illegal because of reasons then you also say that base jumping is not a legitimate activity in the same breath."
---

"...You say that base jumping is only for certain few, and certain few should be allowed to do it, and it should be illegal because this will insure only these certain few do it. Those few then, are breaking the law that so many fight hard to change, and those few should be punished in your line of thought for being dumb enough to be caught??????? I think you step over the line by say this and maybe think only you special to do BASE.
Maybe I misunderstand though
,"
---

Legitimacy or being legitimate. If your talking about Legality (the law) as being the grantor or giver of Legitimacy. That's is a big argument that has been going on since the beginning of time.
but YES, Legal Legitimacy is both a Giver & Denier of BASE access. It has a great weight in the Social Acceptance to the average public and the way they view. The Practice of Throwing the Human Body off fixed object with a Parachute.
I made the statement "Maybe it would not be such a bad idea to make that Bridge ILLEGAL to BASE jump off of ??? " Because I am a insensitive and sarcastic Prick.

Hamid, your statement of:
.."it should be illegal because this will insure only these certain few do it. Those few then, are breaking the law that so many fight hard to change,"

You see Hamid, No One fought for Legal Legitimacy of BASE access to jump off Twin Falls Bridge. It was always Legal. I am stating that there will be a LOSS of freedom that was never fought for. With a sarcastic remark to (flyhigh) of making it, illegal to jump. Legal Legitimacy that quit possibly will be denied eventually if things Do Not Change. like Easy Come & Easy Go - (another light sarcastic remark).
I personally will make access to ANY OBJECT that I deem jumpable. Legal or illegal to jump.
I am NOT Special but grant Legitimacy to Myself to jump this Bridge if the loss of Legal access is denied. If FREE Access is taken away due to irresponsible recklessness. All responsible BASE jumpers I am sure would adopt the same attitude of Self-Proclaimed Legitimacy as myself if they chose jumping. Thats what BASE jumpers Do.