skreamer

TF incident? (Monday 29 May)

This one really hurts.....sniff. She was one of the few good ones.

I am so sad to hear this has happened. My heart is just broken. Although I have never met her in person the emails I recieved from her during a bad period truely lifted me up. I wish that I had saved it. She truely cared about others even those whom she never met. Fly free.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

fly free sister

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

fuck... just fuck...

Dammit, i can't believe what i've just read. We never met in person but have chatted here. Fly free with the angels, you will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah. Same here. I never got to meet Shannon in person, unfortunately. But she has BS'd with me on here numerous times. Someone else on this thread stated that she had offered some helpful words during a tough time, and she did the same for me a while back during a tough time in my own life. She had a unique way of making me laugh about things that I tend to take a little too seriously.

She also offered to help a few of my bay area friends get into the sport of skydiving. Since I live in Southern California, it was really nice of her to offer her assistance in keeping an eye on people she didn't even know. That was such a cool thing for her to offer. It made her stand out in my mind as. . . . . . one of the good ones!

All I can really say is that. . . . . I respected her greatly. Her passion for jumping was synonomous with the way she pursued her friendships with others. In that regard, we should all consider ourselves lucky to have been friends with such a good person. I think she leaves behind a pretty damn good example of what it means to be a caring and considerate person.

Fly free Shannon.

J.P.

My condolenses to her family and fiance.

Shannon was a total sweet heart, funny and modest.
I found this message from her, a classic:

>Got my unofficial "A" last night. Did a power tower. 383 feet tall. Dark as hell and scary as fuck, uneven ground too. I nearly cried it was so scary but once I landed I couldn't stop laughing, so I went back up and did it again.<

I've attached a photo of Shannon's 1st BASE Jump. She was very proud of that moment...
Let me know if a high resolution image is desired- A gift to family and friends in honor of Shannon.

JM

My condolences to her family, friends, and fiance. My heart hurts for y'all, I will be sending prayers and vibes up for all of you.
Blair

Her first jump was a pca, there she is going hand held, still a very nice shot.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"