rcc

Dragon Canopy

Who makes the Dragon canopy and it it a good canopy?

The Dragon is an older Vertigo canopy, which is no longer in production.

It's basically a re-trimmed skydiving canopy (I think a lightning, but I could be wrong on that) with some extra reinforcement.

In my experience, the pressurization slider down was extremely poor.

Note: Do not confuse the new Rock Dragon canopy from Apex (which is still available from them) with the older and no longer available Dragon canopy from Vertigo.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I thought it was based on the PD 253 (and the other large sizes) reserve. The Dragon was well noted for having strange pressure wave oscillate through the cells for several moments even after inflation. It can look scary from what I recall.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

It is a older Dragon218 the guy is wanting $225.I did have a fox 245 but i sold it and bought ASYLUM gear and i need a canopy.The things that i will be jumping are 1800 foot towers with bid open fields for landing.Do you think in your experence this is a good canopy to buy?

I need a canopy A.S.A.P what do i do?I am looking for something in the 220-245 range.Does anyone have a canopy for sale.[:/]

Do you think in your experence this is a good canopy to buy?

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're careful about what you use it for, you can probably get away with it. Just ask yourself "if I've only got my overloaded Dragon, and my buddy calls and wants to take me downtown for a building with a street landing, will I be able to say 'no'?"
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have walked down from an object many of times and i am not afraid to do it again.But i want something that i can jump all the time.Do you know anyone that hase a canopy for sale.

I need a canopy A.S.A.P what do i do?I am looking for something in the 220-245 range.Does anyone have a canopy for sale.[:/]

Have you tried calling the manufacturers and asking if they have stock conopies? I would call Marty at Assylum and aslo Apex to see what they might have. They are much better canopies.

-Bill

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

What is the rush?

You might consider buying the Dragon and ordering a modern canopy at the same time, and then re-selling the Dragon when you get the newer gear. Or, you could keep the Dragon for "2nd rig" use (water landings, gear confiscation jumps, etc), since you wouldn't be nearly as tempted to use it on the more technical stuff if you had another canopy in hand.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Do a search.

The Dragon is a PD reserve with the line trim of a PD lightning, it was build by PD for Vertigo.

Vented dragons opens nicely and flare like crap. Unvented open like shit.

A Super Raven does a better job than either one if that's your cup of tea.
Memento Audere Semper

>>I need a canopy A.S.A.P what do i do?I am looking for something in the 220-245 range.Does anyone have a canopy for sale.<<

(951) 940-1324

NickD :)BASE 194

linky

This guy has been trying to sell his gear for months...all in perfect condition.

If the combo was a size larger, I'd have bought it already.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I have for you:
-Dagger 222, 100 jumps, U$S 600
-Cruislite 220, BASE ready, 50 jumps, U$S 350
-FOX 245, vented no valves, 200 jumps, U$S 750

I pay the shipping by UPS or Fedex

NICOLAS

I jumped a Dragon 218 once- ZP topskin. i wasnt very experienced. took it too low. tight landing area. scary ride. broke my ankle real good.

reiner.