MartinRosen

Swedes home from Lauterbrunnen with photos

OK after one week in the notorious/famous valley of lauterbrunnen, my 10th trip over there and it was nice to be home.

weather was so so, there came 25 cm snow on the tuesday (if you like to know how many feets, inches or yards that is you have to learn the metrical system its very nice ;)

we met nice people from USA, Germany, Switzerland, NZ, France, Denmark so as always there is a multicultural enviroment full of jumpers.

here is some photos that my friend Andreas took.
http://andreas.2me.se/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Lauterbrunnen-2006&page=1

enjoy.

regards Martin Rosén
Swedish BASE Team
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

how'd those darn raeford guys get in your pics...
blaine

Hey Martin, it looks like you guys had a great time. The photos are AWESOME! Andreas Rocks!

Hey dudes! Really cool pics!!! :P
But, just curious... what suit is this one? :o

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

Those photos rock!

Any possibility of getting this one in a bigger version for my desktop wallpaper? My favourite photo out of the whole lot! (I'd actually pay for a poster-sized version of that to put on my wall at home)

Beautiful!

hi martin,
how is the mood in the valley?
I requested some info from the SBA, whether we should avoid going to LB at this time.
unfortunately I get no answers from the locals.
did you meet some of them, what are they saying?
how is the behaviour of the townsfolk there?
friendly as ever?

greetz, hajo
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

Im jumping the rocketsuit, a hybride wingsuitwith many new safety tricks and still more fun than other semi wings, a little faster for my standards. It was perfect for the valley.

I can only speak for my self, nothing else.

I felt that the SBA is keeping a little bit low profile at the moment. In the valley there is a discussion to illegalize the jumping but in the same time many people are against it.

The valley is in great need for some positive vibes. Its very very important to cooperate with teh farmers, the local jumpers and the Air glacier fully.

Be open, happy, and thankful, even if it is a little bit shallow, cause even if there is a long way to illegalize the valley we are walking on that road and we are slowley getting closer.

PLease think one more time before you bring lowtimers over there or go there your self if you have never made subterminal cliffs or have very few of these jumps, Hte valley might look nice but its the place where most basejumpers die.

if you go there play with low profile, have fun, use your brain.

/martin

here is more close pictures of the suit. then you know more. take care all of you.

http://www.martin.nu/new/album.php?id=68

This is John-- The american without the wingsuit.
Andreas thanks for the pics, they turned out really good. Johanas and Martin thanks for the good times and good jumps. see you guys later, be safe.

Dude those pictures rock! They bring back memories of skydiving into the valley in the mid-80's. We used to rent the Air Glacier chopper and jump onto the Junfrau for skiing. Then we'd jump back into the heliport and party all night in the bunk house. BASE jumping wasn't very big back then, but we'd stand outside in the snow half-drunk looking at the walls. Wondering if/when someone would have the balls to do it.

On one jump, we drifted over the top/edge and a lot of altitude suddenly disappeared. The three guys I was jumping with chickened out and pulled. I tracked liked hell and cleared the top with about 500 ft. to spare, did a 180 and back slid into the valley. Dumped around a grand.

I like your version better!

Hi Martin dont U met any nice jumpers from Finland:$:P
-Tony-
Ps.F.... the Finns! B|

Don´t U mean a Fabulous looking Finns B|

-Rami-

Oh F....K Sorry Toni.

I did offcource meet the fantastic finns.
I actually got suprized In the entrence of Horner bar by Toni, calling him Pete in pure panic.

Later that week I actually got the pleassure to meet more Finns coming in.

Anyhow Thanks for comments, private comments and reminders.

see you next time, now IM headding for Iceland and Norway the rest of hte summer. Nordic BASE Rocks!!!

/martin

Those are some of the best pictures that I've seen. The colours are really vivid...What was your mate using (camera, film etc..) - thanks.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I use a Nikon D70 with a 10,5;2,8 for jumping. Thanx everyone for the nice comments, I really appreciate it.

So... maybe you wanna see some pictures from Italy on the begninng of may...
http://www.base.org.pl/Zdjęcia/Rok2006/tabid/91/AlbumID/409-14/Default.aspx

The special one which i like is:
- http://www.base.org.pl/DesktopModules/SimpleGallery/SlideShowPopup.aspx?PortalID=0&ItemID=431
- http://www.base.org.pl/DesktopModules/SimpleGallery/SlideShowPopup.aspx?PortalID=0&ItemID=464
- http://www.base.org.pl/DesktopModules/SimpleGallery/SlideShowPopup.aspx?PortalID=0&ItemID=465

The first one is take from the V570 kodak camera (23 lens-small for stupid people camera ;-)

Next are taken by Gee from German using eos350d with sigma lens 10-17 i think.

You're welcome... Nikon D70 - that explains the clarity (that's a £700 camera over here) but you picked some great shots.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Still not certain, but Im working in that direction. And you know Ill do a lot for our sister Chris, or as he prefer to be called "Lafonda".

I hope he will be in shape after the sergury? there will be some walking and sitting difficultys Ill guess.

really hope I see you there mate!

/martin

Nikon D70 is crap :)
the vivid colors comes from Photoshop and Andreas's skills i that prgram.

But Nikon D70 is a light cheep camera thats perfect for shouting AA shots. Same with Canon D350. cheep and light. But not really high quality camera stuff ;)

/martin