JSBIRD

Geraldo Rivera tonight on Fox

...he DID break the law.

I'm glad you've never been on one of my juries.That statement makes me believe you have been before a few juries He has not been found guilty of breaking the law.YET.....but i would bet that a plea bargain is in the works. We all know that this "innocent until proven guilty" is a farce Do you think that OJ is innocent just because the jury voted that way? or Robert Blake and the list goes on and on. He has been charged with several crimes but that or your opinion do not make him guilty If there is a law for being on the other side of the railing than we have enough evidence to say he broke the law, but I'd bet there is no law against that.. Buying a ticket to the observation floor does not make it legal to climb over the railing, that railing is there for a reason

Let's look at reckless endangerment. I would say there is just as much basis to charge the people grabbing him with that charge, but of course they're cops and they can do anything...[:/]

As for Jeb, I would conclude there was nothing reckless about what he did. It was quite planned and since he never left the edge he endangered no one. But he never left the ledge because he was caught, and i know i have read where people are saying that he even went as far as timing the stop lights, but doesn't that just stop traffic in one direction? Were talking about New York City here.....during rush hour, every person on that sidewalk was put in danger. Being found guilty as opposed to innocent is only the difference between how good of a lawyer you have and how much your willing to spend.

It's perceptions like yours and others that have people come up to us at legal objects, where we're packing in the park at the top or bottom and ask us "Is this legal?"

As far as I know the only place BASE jumping is illegal is in the NP's and perhaps that new object in France. Everything else is generally trespassing you are correct, but isn't trespassing illegal? or some other trumped up charge.

You, nor anyone else can say that nobody was put in danger because we all know that something could happen and that he could have went in on this or any other jump. I'm not blameing him for trying, but i do think he could have picked a better time of day

Innocent until proven guilty is not a farce it is the law and until that is changed our lives are impacted by it.

I still don't think there is currently a law regarding being on the other side of the barrier. What would of, could of, or should of happened is just pure speculation...

Innocent until proven guilty is not a farce it is the law and until that is changed our lives are impacted by it.

If you really believe that, then i'd like to sell you some property in New Orleans

I still don't think there is currently a law regarding being on the other side of the barrier. What would of, could of, or should of happened is just pure speculation...

What would your argument have been if something did happen....oops sorry

You also never answered my question about OJ....do you really think he was innocent? I mean after all the jury said he was

Maybe i was wrong in assuming you had been before a few juries, because you can't tell me (and make me believe it) that 12 men/women can hear a story as played out by a slick prosecutor and or lawyer can be 100% sure if someone is guilty.
And don't EVEN give me that reasonable doubt crap cause that bird don't fly either. I have been before a jury, and convicted of something i never did and even served the time for it before the real culprit was arrested for doing the crime the exact same way he had before, and admitted he was guilty for the crime i was convicted of. This was expunged from my record but i never even heard a "I'm Sorry" from the prosecutor or anyone who was on the jury. And my 8 years were wasted.

I have been before a jury, and convicted of something i never did

My point exactly. Did you break a law? Why would you jump to the conclusion Jeb did in this instance. Just because your charged with something doesn't mean there was a law broken or in other words an illegality even happened.

Not the smartest move I've seen someone do in a while, but you and I don't know the whole story. There may have been very good reason it went the way it did, when it did.

Under the Patriot Act Jeb could have been held indefinitly without cause. Apparently, authorities have already decided what he did was not that serious. What was his bond? Was he released on OR? All the things point to the severity of the crime and the risk of flight.

I don't think this is such a big deal yet people are getting very worked up over it...

I have been before a jury, and convicted of something i never did

Not the smartest move I've seen someone do in a while, but you and I don't know the whole story. There may have been very good reason it went the way it did, when it did.

Now were starting to become friends, we finally agree on something.....good on ya.:)
I'm just having a good time and i like to debate but Spence quit debating me and i guess you were just next.;) No harm meant.:)