JSBIRD

Geraldo Rivera tonight on Fox

The LA Fox channel just ran a teaser for Geraldo tonight. It stated he will interview the BASE jumper who tried to jump the ESB, did jump the GGB and more, without yet naming tonights guest.
KKTV FOX 11 11pm West Coast time.
WNYW FOX 5 6:30pm East Coast time.
Your local time may be different.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Can some-one record this and put it on skydivingmovies for us non us dudes?

Thanks

Geraldo at Large

at 6:30 pm on dishnet... channel 247

at 2am on dishnet .... channel 248

since im in the east ( those are eastern times )

hope this helps

Mike

==================================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

I just watched it on the New York channel. It was the first story, and Jeb got about 4+ minutes.
Geraldo kept being his usual asshole self, but Jeb countered each jab with intelligent facts, not media BS.
Good job Jeb.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Ya I just watched it also.....

Was good....

==========================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Am I the only one who thinks he came across as a fucking half-wit?

He's a great athlete, no question but what a dork!
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

Nope...I've gotta agree with you, Skin.

Jeb says, "Yeah, but, you know what, if anything, this shows people that you can survive events like 9/11. I mean, it really does. You can survive, you know." WHAT is he talking about????

"To me, it's VERY important, that whenever I go into any BASE jump, that I'm not breaking the law." - Jeb

and

"Well, actually, technically to this point, I've never broken the law BASE jumping." - Jeb

Anybody else find those last two statements hard to believe???? Even if he didn't make the ESB jump, his attempt broke several laws.

You must understand when doing an interview for an hour and they cut only less than a five minutes clip from it, some what Jeb said seemed out of content.

He actually had a good point why he said people can survive events like 9/11.

Jeb's point was that PARACHUTES save lives and that all tall buildings should have an emergency parachutes. SOME people would have SURVIVED WTC, if there would have been emergency parachutes.

Unfortunately, the editor cut that essential part off.

"Anybody else find those last two statements hard to believe???? Even if he didn't make the ESB jump, his attempt broke several laws."

Yeah, like what?

It is up to court to decide, if he broke any laws or not.

He was not tresspassing because he had purchased a ticket to observatory deck and there is no law against ATTEMPTED reckless behavior.

I think Jeb did well, given the circumstanses.

I think his hair looked fantastic

and he looks great in that red shirt
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

there is no law against ATTEMPTED reckless behavior.

Then why is there laws against Attempted Murder, Attempting to buy drugs, Attempting to sell drugs, Attempting to hire a prostitute.

I think that has been decided when the US courts just gave Massoula (SP?) a life sentence for what he ATTEMPTED to do.

I'm not saying Jeb was wrong for what he tried, and it would have been a hell of a video if he would have made it, but he DID break the law.

Thanks for clarifying, Iiro.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

well, climbing over the fence in the first place could conceivably put bystanders' lives in danger (especially when security guards start groping and throwing off your exit) so it might not even just be attempted.

However, if he and his lawyer admit that on a national broadcast, how hard of a time do you think they will have when trying to convince the court of the contrary later on?
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

thanks for the link...

all said and done... i say bravo to Jeb.

fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. and if you can't fuck 'em, tell 'em a joke.

p.s. geraldo is a piece of shit. he should've stuck with gay westerns...

So by getting arrested while trying to jump the ESB...he proved that parachutes could've saved lives on 9/11???? Had he pulled it off, that might've been a different story. But he didn't, so he proved nothing related to saving lives on 9/11.

There are many laws (reckless endangerment included) that encompass "attempts." Just because he failed doesn't prove him not guilty...it's still a crime that he TRIED.

I agree with you and i'm sue you have gotten as many hate PM"s as i have got because we dare say anything about the Great Jeb Corliss.

I welcome all the PM's that idiots want to send because they make me laugh even more.:ph34r:

Why is it so hard for people to see/realize that Jeb was wrong/stupid/and a has been and at the same time not see that Magot is a GOD:)
First of all he should NEVER laugh on TV, that laugh will make cream curdle.[:/]

Whens he gonna land this wingsuit?.....when he does that, as he says he will, (ha) i will give him cudo's.

Magot is my new hero because like it or not, he tells it like it is.:o

This forum gets more ridiculous by the second! Its reminds me of 1st grade. I hate him because my buddy johnny hates him. I hate that kid because he is rich and popular. Jeb tries to jump the ESB now maggot and no one can jump any buildings in NY. Jeb ruined BASE for us all. Jeb is an idiot blah blah blah. Guess we all better go sell our gear. Poor Miles and Shane get no respect if they did anything like this all hell would break loose. Good gawd. Have you guys stepped back to look at what your saying? Get over yourselves if you have problems with any of these people step up to them tell them to their faces and quit spewing it out here on some message board. Oh yeah instead of bitching about Jeb, Miles, Shane, Maggot whomever etc and get out there and jump!

...he DID break the law.

I'm glad you've never been on one of my juries. He has not been found guilty of breaking the law. He has been charged with several crimes but that or your opinion do not make him guilty. If there is a law for being on the other side of the railing than we have enough evidence to say he broke the law, but I'd bet there is no law against that.

Let's look at reckless endangerment. I would say there is just as much basis to charge the people grabbing him with that charge, but of course they're cops and they can do anything...[:/]

As for Jeb, I would conclude there was nothing reckless about what he did. It was quite planned and since he never left the edge he endangered no one.

It's perceptions like yours and others that have people come up to us at legal objects, where we're packing in the park at the top or bottom and ask us "Is this legal?"

As far as I know the only place BASE jumping is illegal is in the NP's and perhaps that new object in France. Everything else is generally trespassing or some other trumped up charge.

There are now a number of cases, setting a legal precendent, where BASE jumpers were apprehended in situations similar to Jeb's, and have been found NOT GUILTY of reckless endangerment, specifically in jury trials.

I completely agree with tfelber and others in that I am AMAZED at the number of BASE jumpers who do not, choose not, or cannot differentiate between being ACCUSED of a crime, vs being found GUILTY of a crime in a court of law. Technically, in the USA, one is still INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty and I feel that too many of you are making standard "tried in the media court" types of idiotic accusations and conclusions . . . .02

wdc
"If you are not a part of the Solution, you are a part of the Precipitate"