Katherine

rig on ebay?

From what I have read on this forum, most of you seem to be pretty concerned with the whole BASE ethics stuff, and making sure new jumpers get training and are mentored etc. So is it considered a good idea to put a BASE rig on ebay that anyone could bid for and go use?
Base Rig Clicky
Just wondering :)(I am meant to be revising :|, instead trawling ebay looking for anything remotly interesting, the rig came up in the skydiving section)
:)
**edited as I didn't do the clicky thing right**
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

BASE rigs on eBay aren't that uncommon.
But I did send him a message regarding site naming in the item description... geez :S

That's a helluva canopy! I had one of those! He also mentions where the pic was taken!

As for the ethics (sounds like a joke) of selling gear...you can always lie to anyone.

Some people and manufactures do background checks, some don't; it's a matter of personal preference.

I recently realized that BASE and ethics should not be used in the same sentence, unless as used in the latter sentence.

I judge none: we are all crazy outlaws, not just to the public but to ourselves as well, how dysfunctional is that?

I follow some personal guidelines that might be stricter or laxer depending on the unit of measure.

In the end everyone gets what they want.
Memento Audere Semper

Agree with Nick, its all personal, I don't even sell gear secondhand except to people I know and even then reluctantly - for me the liability in our brave new world is too great. sad but it this day and age the family of some guy that goes in can take you for everything your work'd your whole life for.
However my best Base memories was a homemade rig with a cruiselight, the way she crack'd open, sweet almost as nice as a MOJO

what kind of dork would go hand held from there

And I have 2 Cuslites in my closet if anyone is interested i will start the biding at 1 million dollars the great for water and tree landing

S
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I am a nor-cal kid, we've never met. I know a few people that have gone hand held from said object. Sometimes it is STRONGLY recommended, other times lightly suggested to do as a beginner. Its all based on experience. I did my first 2 jumps off of the NRGB at BD hand held. Its higher, a little safer, and a lot more daylight (which from your photos you are well familiar with). "Dorkier" or whatever, when jumpers do what they think is best for them, then it is. I don't like that this photo was publicly announced, but its still a BASE jump. Just because you have more balls than brains (based on your insightful posts), well I'm a happier dork.

Nic

also-- delete the object name from your post please.