Jasmin

MI:III BASE jumping

What's cruise's obsession with BASE jumping?
Anyone else seen it?
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Him being a skydiver could be part of the explanation. Apart from that base jumping makes any movie better. The jump in "Along came Polly" was one of my most memorable cinematic experiences.

Bryan Brown: "I'm just gonna do a bit of a BASE jump".

I've seen a lot of fun pre-jump rituals, but his streching outdo them all:)
CJ=)

I'm with you on 'Along came Polly'. I saw it with Jimmy Freeman and we were in tears laughing at that line:D
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

It's fantastic it show BASE in a glorified state and make"s
look like super stars in stead of freaks
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Funny. I just turned the TV on and 20/20 is doing a story on the making of MI III. They showed the jump... The late John Hoover made a very similar jump back in the 80s. Spectacular:)
CJ=)

Please tell us more about the story that is in common with John Hoover, BASE 95. I miss John.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

hey chrisjust got my new suit...check it out

any links to a trailer that shows it?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I post the original script for Mission imposible III in the BASE forum, I made a few modifications so it could work with Jeb. It looks like no one like it! :D

Medusa
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Please tell us more about the story that is in common with John Hoover, BASE 95. I miss John.

Let's say the jump included a somewhat spectacular office entry... Tom Cruise probably walks away unhurt after the jump, old Hoover wasn't that lucky. He did walk away with one of the best base stories I've been told to day though, and I'm super happy I got to meet and jump with John at the start of my base career.

CJ=)

Anyone know if Cruise has actually made a BASE jump?

And how many skydives does he have?

Coco

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it's the visuals just before and during the second exit on that same jump that really make it spectacular.

-C.

i HIGHLY doubt the sudio would let a star of Cruise's caliber to BASE. Skydive, they probably would let slide. But if something went wrong, just immagine the heads that would roll.

no clue on his skydive #, but he is an accomplished pilot.

No, I'm not talking about in the movie. I agree with you no that one but what about in his personal time?

Coco

all the stars have very specific contract with what they can do in private life
example: michael schumacher (f1-pilot) can ski or ride the snowboard only when ferrari organize an event for promoting
all the stars slowly becomes someone property with a nice life but without the freedom of choice
that`s sad... but in this bussines money rulls the world
:(

sorry for my silly english

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"