deadmanwalking

# of objects in first year of BASE?

What have people done? Is any one over 50 objects in their first year of BASE jumping?
Symmetry doesn't matter.

I have 223 and that doesn't count the ones I did when I was wasted. If I don't really remember them I don't count 'em.
Are toes supposed to be purple? This I ask you.

metal's out...walking soon....50+ could be stretchin it but we'll see

What have people done? Is any one over 50 objects in their first year of BASE jumping?

why do you ask?
most attempting such a feat will get busted up.

wouldn't it be better to get familiar with ONE site and then concentrate on developing skills?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

wouldn't it be better to get familiar with ONE site and then concentrate on developing skills?

you truly will improve skills by jumping numberus of different objects and even more if you open some..

Only silly americans and Russians want to do the same jump over and over again so they as soon as posible will be abel to do arials and get a cool look at the vids..:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

That would be impressive.

1 new object every week in your first year.

I'd say that would be someone on a mission (and speed!)

ian

Any idea how many DantheMan did in his first year? That guy appears to be on a real new object collection binge.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It's not the number of the jumps that counts, it's the quality of each jump performed to the best of your ability. And we all know what happens when you cut cornersB|
The point of no return what a rush.

most new object jumps are quality jumps i tell you that..:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

defintely impressive.

there is this kid named Jesse Hall. I feel he kind of redefined the learning curve.

50 objects in his first year, 200 jumps. his first jump was off of a Dam, then a waterfall in the swiss valley where he did a front flip. after a few more cliff jumps he finally went to Miles' bridge (which was jt's at the time.)

he opened new sights in colorado with his friends, he ski based, he did aerials all over the place. he went to the royal gorge event and jumped that bridge safely.

rookie of the year?

I completed my first year 2 days ago, and I met Jessie (Boulder-CO), is this "the kid"????
We did our first Tombstone together..... and a lot more in Moab, TF, SLC, etc.......
On my first year, I did 204 jumps, 38 diferent objects, and until now I opened 9 sites in Brazil ( I live here).
I broke my knee a few weeks ago, and I cand wait for the 2nd year in b.a.s.e.
On my first year, I did my FJC with Marta and Jimmy, I met awsome people in TF (Mark, Johnny Utah, Miles, Texas TOM, Tom Aiello, Abbie, Ray, Jamie) during Memorial day and labor day..... I was on the 21 way.... I met awsome people in Moab too, especially Matthew (Slick Rock Campground buddy)
I jumped at the Go fast too, with Jessie, Matt, and other friends I made during 6 months I lived in US.... at bridge day I did my first gainer..... I am not the aerial man, but I am praticing....

Thanks everybody who helped me to become the base jumper I am today, My mentors, Texas TOM, Matthew, Mark Ridley, China, Neil, Montana Jeff, and other crazy bastards I don't remember the name....

See you guys someday again....
Andre - The brazilian.

well put...jesse is the man. mellow, humble, and f**kin sends it. i heard he skis a bit too, but can't get his arms up and out;)