frost

Corliss gets busted in NYC

Corliss is a dumbass and has ruined base for every other jumper.

Bryan

Hey Ody, sell me your rig;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I think this is what Jeb has to say about it all.

-

Jeb Corliss sticks out his tongue as he meets his girlfriend, Anber Mekush, following his release on bail after he was charged with reckless endangerment, assault and resisting arrest for trying to parachute off the Empire State Building yesterday. Corliss, 30, is one of the biggest risk takers in the underground sport of BASE jumping - an acronym that stands for Bridge, Antenna, Span and Earth jumping.

-

Jumpin' jerk dreamt of being a flying fool

BY BARBARA ROSS and JOSE MARTINEZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Jumper Jebb Corliss and gal pal Amber Mekush taunt onlookers yesterday.

The joker who tried to parachute from the Empire State Building insisted yesterday he was only trying to live out a high-flying fantasy.

A day after being snatched from the edge of the 86th-floor observation deck, Jebb Corliss tried to paint himself as a law-abiding citizen who, for two years, had mapped out each step of his planned plunge onto Fifth Ave. at rush hour.

"I am a BASE [Bridge, Antenna, Span and Earth] jumper, that's what I do," Corliss said outside Manhattan Supreme Court, after being released on $3,000 bail. "And one of my dreams was flying off the Empire State Building."

The TV-stunt-show star's fantasy was foiled when cops and security guards - who had been tipped off that there might be a jump - nabbed him more than 1,000 feet above the city streets.

Things only got worse for Corliss when he got canned by the Discovery Channel, on which he hosted "Stunt Junkies." The network said it had no clue about his plan, even though Corliss came equipped with a pricey camera to film his descent.

Prosecutors said that Corliss wore a phony mustache and a fat suit into the building before slipping into a rest room and donning his parachute.

"No one at the network had any knowledge of Jebb Corliss' activities at the Empire State Building," the Discovery Channel said in a statement. "We are beyond disappointed at his serious lack of judgment and his reckless behavior."

But defense attorney Mel Sachs said his client - a star of BASE jumping - had plotted his dive with safety in mind.

Corliss had studied wind speeds and knew how long it would take him to reach Fifth Ave., Sachs said. In addition, he had timed the traffic-light patterns so that a man in a parachute wouldn't distract motorists, Sachs said.

"It would still be red when he landed," Sachs said.

The 30-year-old daredevil from California apologized for creating a stir atop the city's most famous building, and said he received "wonderful" treatment from the NYPD. But he added that his future stunts would take place elsewhere.

"I am finished with New York as far as BASE jumping is concerned," Corliss said.

Instead, the jumping jerk - whose past conquests included the Petronas Towers in Malaysia - had to settle for a limp and another line on his rap sheet

Hi,

Jeb Corliss is a Great BASE Jumper !
Jeb Did'nt Burn this Site !

I really HATE Jealous Idiots !

Let's hope Jeb shead some light on How BASE Jumpers feel the need for there Addiction !

Someday , as "Carl Boenish", Said, BASE Building Jumps will be "Legal" in NYC.

Lets Lay Off Jeb,......ok ?

Thank You,
Gerald Harendza

Im not a base jumper. However am familiar with it. You guys have an issue with your image. What you stand for. This happens with most things that are in a state of transition / out of the box. Most people have no issue with base at all. If they see some guy jumping from an antennae; they are like damn pull the car over, check it out kids.
What they dont appreciate are dumb asses. I mean to do a stunt like that in NY, all over the press. I lost total respect for the guy, and I really liked his videos. The world is full of just shit that is over done / over exposed. This is the complete opposite of what base is about. But anyway, thats life. This will too fade away. The flash in the pans will come and go. You guys can go back to business as normal. Got to keep it on the "down low" otherwise it loses all validity.

Peace !!

>>>Got to keep it on the "down low" otherwise it loses all validity.
>>I'm not a base jumper.
~ anyone else see how there two statements correlate.
I imagine he's more dissapointed at not getting to make the jump than court, loseing his Discovery channel gig, and how anyone out here feels about any of it put together.
I would be.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Hi,

Jeb Corliss is a Great BASE Jumper !
Jeb Did'nt Burn this Site !

I really HATE Jealous Idiots !

Let's hope Jeb shead some light on How BASE Jumpers feel the need for there Addiction !

Someday , as "Carl Boenish", Said, BASE Building Jumps will be "Legal" in NYC.

Lets Lay Off Jeb,......ok ?

Thank You,
Gerald Harendza

I'm not pissed for the fact that the ESB is burn, in fact what some people have express here is truth "It can not be consider burn because is not a typical jump able object"

My only point is the repercussions that this single action can cause for the rest of the BASE Community. The media magnification this story has had so far, is really working against us.
I can assure you that now there are more security officers aware of BASE Jumpers, they are getting a better understanding of our modus operandi.
It will suck if after this they implement harder punishments for people cut BASE Jumping:S. It will suck if they decide to close the few legal sites.:(
I invite every body to think of the repercussions of your actions if you get cut. Its not only about burning a site. Look at the big picture, how your actions can affect the rest of us and the sport in general!;)

I don’t have anything against Jeb. I just believe that things were not done right. Such a high profile jump should been done during night.

Here is a theory:
Suppose you are trying to get some footage for your Tv show, Movie, Personal Project or what ever. You are jumping the ESB the best time to do it is at night “Easy landing zone, Easy get away, few witnesses”
The building is so high profile that there is no way for a camarographer to be with you on exit point “you will need to get out of there right away”. Therefore, You have to place your cameras on the ground. But ground cameras shooting an object 1.000 Ft above during night, would required some skylight. But Whooo!!!:o skylight will give up your position.

So what is the only solution if you really want some footage:
Jump the object during the day with one POV of the jump and then place some camera people on the ground.

Make any sense

Medusa
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

So the Discovery Channel has disassociated themselves with Jeb.

What a laugh that is from a bunch of corporate goons who'll put anything on the air as long as it sells more Mountain Dew and pimple cream to children.

One day I was standing in Jeb's Malibu garage and he had a brand new Harley V-Rod sitting there. When I asked how he liked it, he said he didn't know. While he'd owned it for a few weeks, he'd never actually gotten around to riding it.

Jeb dosen't live in the same world most of us do . . .

Jeb didn't like the Discovery Channel gig. He certainly doesn't need the money, and the work involved kept him from traveling the world and BASE jumping, like we all wish we could.

In a time when most people will sell their souls, or make complete asses of themselves, to be on television - Jeb just shot them all the middle finger.

And I think that is very cool . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

The concept of the "BASE Community" is actually a silly one. Each jumper is out for his own object(s). Objects a BASE jumper inherits through no effort of his own are subject to the rules (advice) of those who opened it. If you don't like them, get your own object. If you want to jump an object that was 'gifted' to the 'community' then jump it with the intentions of those who opened it. Otherwise f*&k off and get your own.

Jeb has paid his dues and respected the objects of those who opened them, he attempted a high profile jump and failed, although if he'd succeeded and suddendly had the beta to the ESB you'd all be panting at his feet for access (or pretend you were aloof and that you weren't interested in the object). BASE wasn't invented or defined for people who were cautious or careful or interested in regulations or licenses. It was a bunch of yahoos thinking that flicking fixed objects would be fun. The 'community' is those who jump objects opened by other people or those who open them and give the beta to the world. Then there are those who open objects and choose not to post them on dz.com or share them with the masses. Those with hundreds (or over a thousand) of jumps who don't post online and engage in the 'community'. The fact that those online have an opinion without knowing Jeb (or his objects of his jumps) and griping about the 'rights' of the 'community' need to contribute more than you consume. Get to a point where you've contributed more than you've consumed and then talk about 'the community' You might change your attitude.

With all due respect, Jeb has contributed a fair amount and the fact that he's made a mistake along the way is sad, although immaterial.

While those who have opinions about this event are interesting, I look forward to the point where your opinions are backed by goodwil of those in 'the community', based on the contirbutions, and your earned respect. I wonder how many of Jeb's strongest critics are familiar with his contributions. I'm certain he is of theirs.

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

Jeb didn't like the Discovery Channel gig. He certainly doesn't need the money, and the work involved kept him from traveling the world and BASE jumping, like we all wish we could.

In a time when most people will sell their souls, or make complete asses of themselves, to be on television - Jeb just shot them all the middle finger.

Dude...dude.

Living out your dream is sweet and all, but you need money to travel around the world, buy overpriced choppers, fly, etc. Now I'm not saying he didn't earn his money because frankly I don't know.

But if he didn't need the money and if he doesn't like being on the television ( hell no we won't go) WHY THEN does he make such programs? It's either for the attention or the moolah or both.

Edited to add. By the way I don't care if he should do it for the fortune and glory. But you shouldn't turn him into a modern Robin Hood/Batman either.

Nick,
Isn't pimple cream sold, specifically because Mountain Dew GIVES you pimples?

"It's Frank Sinatra's (J.C.'s) world, we're just lucky to live in it".

Later,
smd7

> But what Corliss attempted was stupid, plain and simple.
Sorry, I do not want to offend you, but please keep it for yourself.
If you wanna pull off a jump like that, you cannot do it (technically speaking) any differently that what Jeb was about to do.
Full stop.

> ...I don't think a base jumper has ever killed a bystander, but skydivers surely have.
Absolutely. I agree with you.
And as far as Jeb's action is concerned, I am absolutely with Jeb. I think he is a very serious bloke and a very serious BASE jumpers.
And as far as "object burning" is concerned, IMHO I think that there has been no object burning, jumped or not jumped, busted or not busted.
Dealing with such a high profile, there is NO WAY of carrying out the action other than the way Jeb was about to do (or very similarly).
Jeb is a great jumper and a great bloke.
My only comment as an active BASE jumper is the following.
Considering myself, on a "world basis", a moderately skilled BASE jumper, I think that if I found myself with rig perfectly donned and ready-to-jump and I have got my feet on the ledge, after half a second I am gone (giving for granted that I have already studied the exit point and the direction to jump off towards to and whatever else is needed to pull successfully the jump off).
So, my comment is: considering the pictures I saw, where Jeb is OUTSIDE fighting with security blokes, he must have been very, very UNLUCKY to have been caught, he has been caught only by a matter of few fractions of second/few seconds. Very unlucky.
I wish Jeb could have pulled it off brilliantly. :)
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

First of
Jeb its danm sad you got caught i buy the beers if you tell the storry.

A jump off such a high profile object will always leed to thourghts in case you will get caught.

No one should be blaming Jeb for not pushing off and do the jump,as he were grabbed he desided not to do the jump please respect him for that,as already said it posibly would have been fatal to do a tumble exit off there...

About the Discovery thing...
How do they dare to dump Jeb? they ashed for a "adrenalin junkie" to host their show.. did they expect that he only did so to entertain their show?

I will surgest any BASE jumper or Skydivers to stop working for Discovery untill they redraw their statement.. i dont care if Jeb want to work for them anymore or not,its the idea that they dump a carracter that they build their show up at but looks like they dont mean it,who´s next to be dumped from them?

Jeb good job sad it didnt go through,would have been kick ass..

And yes i would have thourgt the same if it were any red bull sponsored persons.. how ever i think red bull wouldnt have dumped them..

was this moved to Bonefire? it seems like many skydivers judge in this tread...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

r.e. metal detectors -> it is not compulsory for a rig contain any metal components

For specialty jumps, you don't need rapide links, 3 rings, chest strap buckles, leg strap buckles, ringed p/c attachment points, keeper rings, etc.

But for general use (considering wear and tear, compatability & configuration, etc. Metal components are preferred.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Even if it were legal I doubt I'd want to jump it

Yes...yes. If it was legal then... WAIT WHAT?

Please...indulge me. Why wouldn't you want to jump it even if it was legal?

Take a look at this picture.

Still wanna jump it?

Walt

You can't burn the ESB. No one has jumped it since Thor and (edit to cover identity of crazy Russian wingsuit jumper :P). You will be seen, it will hit the papers, and people will whine. Its fair game to anyone with the balls to try it. I would love to jump it, but I won't/can't take the risk or the time to do it. If NYC is your home, then you should know that its a big town and that this won't be remembered by Monday. Your regular sites are fine, aren't they?

I dream of a jump like that, and I am happy to see people go after the dream jumps. But they are what they are and a charge of burning just doesn't hold up.

Cya

This one is kinda tough for me, living most of my short life in NYC and having a brother who is a P.O. in the NYPD, so i'll try and give it a shot.

I don't fault Mr. Corliss personally for what he tried to do. All of us have our dreams, and if most of us, myself included had our way they would all be fulfilled. Making this jump obviously meant a great deal to Jeb, otherwise he wouldn't have spent the amount of money and time that he did on making the disguise and planning the attempt. I admire his courage and desire to as he put it, "push the human race foward" through his sport. Whether jumping from the ESB helps to accomplish that goal, I don't know, but it meant a great deal to him and he almost pulled it off. The same could be said about Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers in reference to their great escape from Alcatraz. It was an incredible feat of human wit and desire, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the right thing to do.

Whether we like it or not, more often than not laws get in the way of us accomplishing our personal goals. NYC has been through a great deal in recent years, and tolerance for anything that could potentially harm anyone else, particularly large crowds of people is extremely low. I don't care how skilled and experienced you are, anytime a 150+ pound projectile is thrown from that altitude onto a crowd of people on a busy NYC street at rush hour, things can go wrong, and innocent people could have gotten hurt. Innocent people who for the most part just want to get home safely after leaving work every day, and not have to deal with stuff like this. Whether Jeb planned to time his jump in synch with a red traffic light or whatever is gonna be irrelavent to the jury, the police department, and mostly everyone else in New York who see this as another selfish act by an individual obsessed with shameless self-promotion at the expense of the safety of others. Did it really have to be at 4:30 in the afternoon at rush hour? Sure, most of us, myself included don't see it that way and know that Jeb had no ill intentions and was one of the most qualified people in the world to pull this off, but non-BASE jumpers and skydivers are not gonna see it that way, regardless of how it is spun.

You can't fault the security guards and police for doing their job. They are there to prevent threats to public safety, and that includes preventing the discharge of heavy objects, humans included from leaving the observation deck by way of the railing. In their eyes, handcuffing Jeb to the railing was the best way of preventing that in the heat of the moment. Could it have potentially jeopardized Jeb's life in the process, sure. The only alternative however would have been to just "let him jump", and at the time it didnt seem to the police that that was the best alternative.

Where this really turned ugly for Jeb, both in terms of publicity and legal standpoints, was when he decided to resist being taken into custody. The police had a job to do, and rather than just go quietly with a smile on his face and get at the most a minor trespassing charge, he ended up assaulting a security guard in the process of struggling, as well as resisting the NYPD, who are probably the furthest thing from "$10/hour rent-a-cops" in the world, and eliminated any public sympathy for this outside of the comparably small skydiving/BASE community he might have gotten. To add insult to injury, the New York media (grossly unfairly) reduced an admirable person with a passionate dream into a pathetic crybaby who yelled and screamed when he couldn't get his way in the eyes of the public.

Did any real good come from this? Jeb lost a measure of his freedom, dignity, and not to mention a job that most people in the sport/industry would have been eternally grateful for. He also gave an innocent security guard who was doing his job a concussion and trip to the hospital.

I'm not asking anyone to condemn or praise Mr. Corliss for what he did, but everyone needs to realize that real life isn't always as romantic as it may seem in the movies or on paper. Yeah, it would have been cool to a lot of us if something out of Point Break took place, with the police officer being a skydiver too, and unlocking the handcuffs after Jeb said that he just wanted to make the jump, and everyone going home happy with one of another individual's many aspirations in life fulfilled.

It doesn't always work that way, and sometimes reality needs to set in. Sometimes you can't always think about yourself above everything else.

God knows I've been guilty of it many times.

Where this really turned ugly for Jeb, both in terms of publicity and legal standpoints, was when he decided to resist being taken into custody. The police had a job to do, and rather than just go quietly with a smile on his face and get at the most a minor trespassing charge, he ended up assaulting a security guard in the process of struggling

I'm wondering if Jeb's cam was recording. If I had to venture a guess I'd say 98% likely. I've only read of the resisting and assault charges in the newspapers. Since it was a helmet-cam I'll await judgement until I see it or it's released.

I would also guess it is similar to the footage of the NYC Palace jump where he can be heard quite cleary talking and with the ESB attempt the helmet-cam footage if there is any will more than likely clear the matter up in a court of law.

The ledge of the ESB eightysix stories above the street does put a person at an extreme disadvantage of assaulting anyone.

>>WHY THEN does he make such programs? It's either for the attention or the moolah or both.<<

This Discovery Channel came to him, and Jeb has the ability to just try things without worrying about any of the rest of it. BTW, I'm not sure what you you mean with the Robin Hood/Batman reference, but I've known most of the good and not so good people in this sport since almost the beginning, and believe me, Jeb is the least of our worries.

Besides, I know many of the real “Batmen” in BASE and Jeb’s not one of them and doesn’t want to be one of them. And to those here that see BASE through skydiving eyes there’s another dynamic at work.

Back in the early days, when it was us against everyone else, we weren’t really sure how to play it. However, because we were pretty much all very experienced skydivers we naturally gravitated to thinking, like skydivers do, that we had to protect and promote our image.

In the mid-80s I, and others, realized that wasn’t true.

BASE at that time was unscrewable and I began to publish those ideas not so much as my own, but from seeing how jumpers were going about things. The slight barbs we suffer today from skydivers, who rather than understand us, challenge us, is nothing new and nothing like it was twenty years ago. The hatred and venom spewed in our direction was palpable back then. Some lost skydiving jobs, some lived with, “Oh, there’s Bob, the asshole BASE jumper.”

So we did what any minority does when attacked, we closed ranks, kept our mouths shut, and ran the Jolly Roger up the flagpole. BTW, it wasn’t that we had a fascination with skulls and bones and a death wish, we put forward that image for the same reason bikers of old wore Nazi symbols. They didn’t believe in that, they just knew those symbols shocked the straights and the squares. In this case the straights and the squares were closed minded skydivers and Black Death was our little jab back.

It was then we realized the advantage we had. With no rules, except for the natural ones that would keep us alive, we were free to do as we pleased. At that time no one could hurt the sport of BASE to the point I couldn’t go downtown and jump anymore. And it’s still that way. They can shut down the cliffs in Europe, they can shut down the potato, they could ban BASE at Bridge Day, and you know what? I’ll still be able to go downtown and jump. This has always been our strength and god help us if we ever forget it.

Skydivers of today don’t generally have the same animosity towards BASE because the entire controversy pre-dates them. But now, they expect us to defend BASE like they defend skydiving. But we don’t have to. We aren’t the over-regulated, bloated with bureaucracy, big game of, “May I” that skydiving has become.

Most of us don’t mind skydivers here as that’s this forums original intent. I do wish they would think a little bit more. When one says, “Why don’t you guys do this or that,” please consider what’s new to you is old to us and we didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. We have considered pretty much all those things in the past. And to those who see the bickering here as a reflection on the real BASE community, well, you should know the difference, because you grew up in a virtual world, and the reality of that is false.

BASE is changing, of course, like everything does. In a way we all sold out a little bit. Our Euro-brothers did it when they agreed to have rules and to follow them. I know there are some of them now that wish they could turn the clock back on that. If they would have known, if they truly had understood BASE, I think they would have told the authorities to get stuffed. “We are going to jump. It’s our right and our duty to further human flight, and no matter what you do you’ll never stop us. So instead of us dealing with your artificial man-made rules you are going to have to adjust to us.” And what could they do to stop us? Right, there’s nothing they can do to stop us. In the end we would have overwhelmed them. Only us can stop us.

To those who enjoy taking shots at my brother Tom A. I hate seeing that, but in another way it begins to prove all the above. Tom did what he thought was right to help maintain a legal place to jump. Tom also made rules to keep this board a good place for skydivers to come get information. So what did it net him – jabs and barbs from both camps? I wonder, no I’m sure; Tom goes to sleep sometimes thinking, gee, is this really worth it?

Rules are stifling and the only reason BASE progressed ten times faster than skydiving, both in gear and technique, is because there were no rules. Our strengths lay in the fact we are truly free, the question is - are we mature enough to handle that freedom?

I see another trend that is disturbing. Many of us are throwing in the towel. A common refrain from some BASE jumpers here is, “I don’t care anymore, or F all these silly skydivers” And that’s sad . . . If our newest generation doesn’t care, if they don’t build on but rather abandon what came before, we are in a lot of trouble.

Instead of worrying what Jeb is doing let’s look inward. Some of the posts here are more injurious to BASE than anything Jeb, Miles, or John can ever do. Not because it will hinder BASE, but because it points to a rotting soul, and once that soul is gone, it’s going to be awfully hard to get it back . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I don't care how skilled and experienced you are, anytime a 150+ pound projectile is thrown from that altitude onto a crowd of people on a busy NYC street at rush hour, things can go wrong, and innocent people could have gotten hurt

your right and the time off this were it were most likely were the point were people were struggling at the edge either to stay alive(that would be Jeb) or thouse who didnt really did and probaly will understand how dangerus it were to do what they did.

The safest option probaly would have been to let him make the jump and take him on the road as he landed below a canopy..

IF the struggle had turned out that Jeb had slipped,he probaly would have died even wearing a canopy.

Where this really turned ugly for Jeb, both in terms of publicity and legal standpoints, was when he decided to resist being taken into custody.

ehm what do you speak off? is this inside or out side the fence?
outside Jeb were fighting for his life.

inside,why would he struggle? were would he run away to? at that point he already had won his life but lost to the cops..

Perhaps we should get info from all eyes and ears before estimating somthing..

It doesn't always work that way, and sometimes reality needs to set in.

your absolutely right..
as far as i know Jeb hasnt told his storry yet..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Most of us don’t mind skydivers here as that’s this forums original intent. I do wish they would think a little bit more. When one says, “Why don’t you guys do this or that,” please consider what’s new to you is old to us and we didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. We have considered pretty much all those things in the past.

Nick a lot of us here who have never jumped are utterly fascinated by BASE and try to learn and understand as much as we can through the resources we have - and the forum is a huge one. Often when we ask questions like "why don't you guys do this or that" it isn't because we think we are smarter than you, it's because we don't have the experience to draw upon and genuinely don't know the answer. To us it seems like a valid question and we are simply seekly to become more informed.

That said, I do understand that this is not always the case.

Please Tom, do some introspection on this one, and be honest with yourself...would have you felt differently if Miles, Shane, or Jimmy H attempted the jump?

Jeb doesn't go around taunting other BASE jumpers and trying to piss them off.

That's the functional difference.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

There probally isn't one person on this forum with the stones to attempt this jump!

Since the last person to jump this site has made around 600 posts on this forum, I'm going to have to say that you're wrong about that. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

As of this Sunday night @ 11:00 pm, MSN most popular People Search

! - George Clooney
2 - Chung Mong-koo
3 - Rosie O'Donnell
4 - Jamie LaMunyon
# 5 - Jeb Corliss
.................B|;):D:ph34r:

edit to add:
no really no joke, just look
edit to add:
BEAT by Rosie O'Donnell . man that's gotta hurt. ...:D

There probally isn't one person on this forum with the stones to attempt this jump!

Since the last person to jump this site has made around 600 posts on this forum, I'm going to have to say that you're wrong about that. :P

That person is my hero (and that cracy paraplegic who just got his E!!!). I don't know who he is or when he has jumped the ESB but I'm sure he gets a smile on his face until the day he dies when he thinks of this jump. It was probably more easy for him because he did not have to jump in bright daylight for the cameras, he probably just jumped for himself and not for the cameras. But at least he got to jump it.
I respect Jeb for having the balls to try it. I respect Jeb for getting to the exit point, it's sure not a peace of cake to get there but I think almost everything else is just stupidity. To try to jump it during rush hour when the visitors deck is full of people. In my humble opinion it represents 1000 times more BASE jumping to jump such a building in night, only your friends now of it, getting away with it (or at least getting to jump it) then buying a fat man costume, getting a profesional face mask done, hiding cameras all over to document this great stunt and not getting to jump. But that's just me and what do I know...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch