frost

Corliss gets busted in NYC

As I said, the security guard got a grip on Thor Alex's leg (close to then ankle), but he let go as soon as TA yelled at him. I can't believe these numbskulls wrestled Jeb down from the ledge.

Thats because he didn't prepair correctly by covering himself in Vaseline and and telling the guard "I am HIV positive" so dont try grabbing me!...:o

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

I'll bet that would be a great police auction find...;)

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

This one of the best BASE attempts ever! It would only be better if he had fought the police off, made the jump and got away! This in essence, is the spirit of BASEjumping, To buck the man,achieve what they say can't be done, to flaunt the system to the highest degree possible. To all the pussies who only jump the Perrine and other legal objects,
Take note, and revel in the fact that you are not worthy. BASEjumping in it's purist form is an illegal form of self-expression and indifference to the so called "norms " of society". We are the anti-Federalist's, we do not adhere to the norm of a so called civilized society. We are not special, just adnormal. Long may the outlaws prevail. They are the wisdom that changes society. This sport, if I may call it that, has endured and prospered due to the imagination and courage of those willing to take chances, even if it bucks modern thinking.He attempted a crown jewel object that has no bearing on local objects. The people complaining are those who, in their fantasies,could have done this jump. Let's all give a big round of applause, to the free-thinkers, who are not content to sit on their asses and wonder about "what might have been"

May we live long and die out

***warning... non-BASE jumper***

Just wanted to say... Even though I am not (and most likely never will be) a BASE jumper, I have seen Jeb's demo's and Fearless... I think he is amazing and has made great advancements in the sport...Keep your spirits up Jeb! I think it was an awesome attempt... Good luck ;)

***edited since he is out of jail and can read it on his own now***

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

On all your post you try to make people look stupid. In this post you have done it 3 time already. By the way thanks for the unnecessary English lesson.

Let me put it in an other way for you:

you wrote:

"Miles has done a relatively good job of redeeming his reputation lately."

I reply: I find funny the way you put redeeming himself. Like if he was in debt with you or any body else.

"Redeem" in the sense of: to restore the honor, worth, or reputation of.

By redeeming your reputation you are redeeming your self. Right ;)

My question is:
You are implying in your statement that he has done bad in the past. "Thats why he is reredeeming his reputation lately"

What he has done in the past that he needs to redeem his reputation?

You can simply admit that you are judging a person that has not done wrong.

I don’t own the truth and so do you. ;)
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Discovery Dumps Corliss
"We are beyond disappointed at his serious lack of judgment and his reckless behavior [...] Stunt Junkies."

Something smells funny here.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Empire State parachuter charged with reckless endangerment

April 28, 2006, 6:14 PM EDT

NEW YORK -- A television series host who tried to parachute from the Empire State Building in a stunt he wanted to film for his show was released on bail Friday after being arraigned on charges of reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and other offenses.

J. Ray Corliss IV, whose first name is Jeb, made the $3,000 bail set by a judge and walked out of a Manhattan courthouse with his lawyer and a friend. Corliss, of Malibu, Calif., hosts the Discovery Channel show "Stunt Junkies."

Authorities said he got through Empire State Building security wearing an elaborate mask and a fat suit that concealed a parachute. When he got to the building's 86th floor, he took off the disguise and tried to pull off his stunt, prosecutors said.

Security officials had been warned of a possible jumper and were able to spot him and keep him from jumping, authorities said. Police arrived, threw a net over Corliss and handcuffed him before reeling him in.

His lawyer, Mel Sachs, told the judge that his 30-year-old client had no criminal record and lives with his parents. Sachs said Corliss had never done a stunt for his own show and wanted to record the Empire State Building jump with a camera attached to his helmet.

Sachs said that when Corliss tried the stunt, he "exercised all safety precautions."

"He had planned and calculated so no one would be injured," he said.

Sachs said Corliss wasn't resisting arrest and claimed that the way the police grabbed his client put him in a dangerous position. He said that if the parachute had opened, it could have "torn his arms off."

The judge ordered a return date of Aug. 15.

- I'm happy he's out and only faces reckless endangerment charges.

I may not snort coke, but that's a damn fine reply if there ever was one. Well said!

His lawyer, Mel Sachs, told the judge that his 30-year-old client had no criminal record and lives with his parents. He lives with his parents??????

Wow, I thought you guys did it just because it was a shitload of fun.

Glad to see reasonable bail was set though. Sounds like he'll get off lightly.

if he had fought the police off, made the jump and got away!

and was covered in vaseline...Now thats reality TV at it's best...:P

On all your post you try to make people look stupid. In this post you have done it 3 time already. By the way thanks for the unnecessary English lesson.

As long as you don't feel stupid, it makes no difference, except to the extent that you are wrong in the motivation you attribute to me.

Let me put it in an other way for you:

you wrote:

"Miles has done a relatively good job of redeeming his reputation lately."

You are implying in your statement that he has done bad in the past. "Thats why he is reredeeming his reputation lately"

I am implying nothing. I will state, however, that Miles has been the subject of much controversy.

What you do is not your reputation. What people think about you and say about you is your reputation. Reputation is defined as "the general estimation in which a person is held by the public."

Do a search in these forums for Miles, and see what comes up. By the definition above, his reputation in this community is not sterling, regardless of how much you like and admire him.

You can simply admit that you are judging a person that has not done wrong.

What you have missed now in each of these posts is that I made no judgment of my own, except as to Miles' enthusiasm and the fact that he had gone a long way to repair the general public estimation of him (i.e., "redeem his reputation"). That was all. You obviously have an ax to grind, but I am not a whetstone, so do it elsewhere.

In other words, don't put words in my mouth and don't attribute to me thoughts that I have not expressed.

Now, you can feel free to hijack this thread one more time for the purpose of defending Miles from...nothing, but having answered each of your posts, I'm now done.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

but I am not a whetstone

Hey Rhonda, Can i use that... Thats priceless.....

How you bin?/ Hope all is well...;):P

Discovery Dumps Corliss
"We are beyond disappointed at his serious lack of judgment and his reckless behavior [...] Stunt Junkies."

Something smells funny here.

Odd, isn't it, that even as a media "has been" :D, Jeb apparently has enough cachet to hire Mel Sachs.

OTOH...one of my ex-boss' law school buddies agreed (with much enthusiasm) to represent (gratis) Thor Alex just because it was such a cool case. It turned out to be unnecessary--everything was pretty well resolved before Tim could even get into Riker's to see him, but this is the kind of case that criminal lawyers love.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Glad to see reasonable bail was set though. Sounds like he'll get off lightly.

He's out already! shit what the hell am I going to do with 300 Black(ofcourse) "FREE JEB" shirts I had printed up this morning?!
~J;)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Damn I been thinking about this ESB jump all day at the job. I wish now that he had thought of some type of (Diversionary Tactic) choreographed out when he changed clothes and made the bathroom extraction & went for the fence. Some type of scuffle or argument of fake medical problem prearranged with accomplices to attract the Security and draw them away @ the moment of the exit attempt.
Man SOooooo Close but not able to step off. It's eating @ me as well as others im sure. So you know it got to be killing him.

I wish now that he had thought of some type of (Diversionary Tactic) choreographed out when he changed clothes and made the bathroom extraction & went for the fence. Some type of scuffle or argument of fake medical problem prearranged with accomplices to attract the Security and draw them away @ the moment of the exit attempt.

He should've had someone to do the Alka Seltzer, foaming mouth, fake seizure bit with an extra to play the "stand back, I'm a doctor!" part.

Doesn't Tom teach this sort of stuff in base camp? Or is that in the advanced class?

Damn I been thinking about this ESB jump all day at the job. I wish now that he had thought of some type of (Diversionary Tactic) choreographed out when he changed clothes and made the bathroom extraction & went for the fence. Some type of scuffle or argument of fake medical problem prearranged with accomplices to attract the Security and draw them away @ the moment of the exit attempt.
Man SOooooo Close but not able to step off. It's eating @ me as well as others im sure. So you know it got to be killing him.

I agree with you, so close yet so far. Has to suck, it would have been the most amazing feat with digital video footage!

I'm wondering who the Judas was/is?

I wish he would have pulled it off.

Hey Mike, I think you should give it a go! We could dress you up like a "special" person and then do the jump naked... I'm sure acting retarded wouldn't be too off the wall for ya.

G

Uhh, you want fries with that?

First of all, let me say that I am neither a skydiver or a Base jumper due to the fact that I am a minor living in the US. However, I do hope to one day become both, and I have watched videos at Skydivingmovies.com and read some material about BASE and skydiving.
One question that has been bothering me ever since I learned about Jeb was how he affords his lifestyle. I read in one of the online articles of CBS or NBC that his fat suit cost him 15 grand. He seems to have many high quality rigs and equipment and in his videos, helicopters are always taking him to the exit points. As far as I know, he does not have a day job, and yet he has ample spending money. Do BASE companies, dsc channel, sponsors, etc... just give him free stuff? Don't get me wrong, I highly admire Jeb and I think his jumps are amazing and graceful, but I just can't shake this question.
-Nate

Just curious on treejumps reaction to all this.....

oh yeah tree, on your next jump, when you flail, just blame it on Jeb getting busted on the ESB!

Happy flail......................

I just got back from visiting Jeb in Rikers Island.

Hmm..amazing he didn't mention anything about bailing out when you were there. Probably close to the same time actually....

Tom, thanks for posting that link. I know Ted has a 3triple7 beanie that i've been trying to steal from him..but yeah...I liked the philosphy section

"...Think for yourself. Be conscious of your actions. Question all authority. Acknowledge who you are. Be ardent about something...anything. The key to contentment is the ability to dream. And the key to success is to fulfuill those dreams. Show respect and you shall receive it. Integrity is strength...use it...."

I give props to Jeb for being out there pushing the limits. Think about it, its fuckin awesome. Here the world is going on with it's routine Thursday afternoon, their busy lives...running errands, working, posting online..drama.. etc...well, normalcy...and here Jeb is dressed up as an old fat guy tourist..could you image what he must have felt from the second he got into his car (or transportation of some sort) to just start the drive to the ESB, just watching everyone going about their lives with no second questions that he was about to attempt something so amazing..it gets my blood pumping just thinking about it!....not to mention the detailed planning he invested in this jump....credit is given when due...and I respect someone a lot more when the effort put forth is so obvious....it takes dedication...it takes focus..it takes balls.

*Props to you, Jeb*

Disclaimer: Yes, newbie - but I have scouted several B's on my own lately and am starting to "gain an understanding" on how much it takes to get a building opened, and none have been close to the level attempted here (high profile - NYC - ESB)

There probally isn't one person on this forum with the stones to attempt this jump!
Even though you got busted, "great job Jeb"!

thanx:P

Three Triple Seven clothing and IFILM-
hmmmm
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2691605
Ground Impact Productions
BASE concepts: Introduction/ BASE concepts: Authority

Epidemic- Three Triple Seven'z realm is under construction for next couple of weekz-
congrats to our RONNIN: Pete, Jeb, iiro and Big Matt
TV & Hollywood

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/courier/?source=vanity_url

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/stuntjunkies/stuntjunkies.html

But is this a hard-edged vacation from normalcy, or participation in the de-evolution of a civilized society?..."

hmmm- stunt junkies, tv & hollywood-
3 triple 7 clothing & IFILM

a subculture called "3 triple 7", lead by a group of most hard-core Action Sport athletes.

Unfortunately due to the 3 triple 7'z I'll have to let some ordinary BASE jumpers know they are not the most hard-core- and their realm will be destroyed!!
re: Taras at my d.z. may not have a future in acting/ skydiving/ bird-man/or BASE- but at least he could play the part of a 3 triple 7 just as well- if not better !!
:S
http://www.tarasmovies.com/
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

SMiles:P
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.