frost

Corliss gets busted in NYC

Theme music from the Beverly Hillbillies:

"gonna tell you about a story about a man named Jeb... Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed... [more] Black gold I tell ya."

Suggested by Walt Appel:

"..and then one day he was shootin' for a "B"
... and out from the fence came the long arm of the P...
Police, that is...
heavy fines, jailtime."
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

"Just be still! I'm a lot more bad ass than you are.".

He was something special, was Thor Alex.

Well... he got some shit for doing that, but had it been in the states he would probably still be alive, doing time in a "correctional institute" somewhere... ;)

He had as much a knack for getting out of trouble as he did for getting in...and he had the instincts of a cat.

The first time he tried to do the Twin Towers, he was pouring sweat, and he couldn't stand still or shut up. The reason became apparent when the line moved up, and it was obvious that security was hand-checking all packages.

I don't know how he knew ahead of time that it wasn't right, but he did, and he got out of there very quickly. I don't think he was very happy when I wanted to get the tickets refunded. I'm not sure who won, although I still have the stubs from the ESB and nothing from the WTC, so I guess it was me. :D

I miss him.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I know it's a repost, but what the hell! Mike exiting and Alasdair watching, April 1986.

Al ;)

How is holding onto his leg nearly killing him? The worst that could have happened is a tumbled exit. As if jeb couldnt have delt with that. He didnt "nearly kill him" by holding onto his leg. With regard this forum.I wouldnt have thought base jumpers could be so mellow dramatic

It looks and sounds to me like he was saying 'let me go' and struggling out of fear that the stupid rent-a-cops would end up killing him. There was no assault, and that charge will not stand in court. He will plea it out to a $10,000 fine and walk.

It's too bad he didn't get to do the jump. I would have loved to see the helmet cam footage....

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

How is holding onto his leg nearly killing him? The worst that could have happened is a tumbled exit. As if jeb couldnt have delt with that. He didnt "nearly kill him" by holding onto his leg. With regard this forum.I wouldnt have thought base jumpers could be so mellow dramatic

Okay, you go up there and try a "tumbled exit."

"Mellow dramatic" is an oxymoron. And spellcheck is your friend.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I think what she is trying to say is that a skydiving exit has no relation to a Base exit. A tumbled skydiving exit is no big deal. A tumbled Base exit is most likely a death sentence.

BBC link here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4953958.stm

Damn...
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

W......T......F....?
Okay so I'm new and don't know sh*&t from my head ,but if its one thing I do know is Brother Hood and I'm not seeing much of it here. I've seen JEBs vids and have looked up to him every since and I find it very hard to belive that 2 days ago most of you didn't do the the same. But all I hear today is how you think this effects you. And nothing has even happened yet ( not that it wont ) but damn , what about Jeb is he out, is he okay , is there some way we can help, I know when my dumb ass brother got locked up. it didn't matter to me if he was right or wrong I still bailed him out first. who are we to judge. dont be jealous dont be a hypocrite dont be judge mental be a brother be a family. thats one thing that turn me on to this sport. I don't know, just a one jump wonder tring to brake up a family fight.
thanks for letting me speak and JEB,... Blue ones boss:)PEACE OUT

curious about t-shirt Jeb is wearing when arrested-

3-7-77

Does this stand for 3 hrs. 7 min. 77 sec. to leave town? Dimensions of a grave: 3 ft. x 7 ft. by 77 in.?
Or mason workers building walls??

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I am sure you are not directing this to me. I don't really have any problem at all with this. It would suck to be Jeb right now.

If he cant do a good launch he is risking hitting the ledge. That is why holding on to his leg or "tumbled exit" would be deadly.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

I am not a jumper so I don't know, but when I saw the pic of the dude holding his leg I kept on thinking, this could have turned really nasty for Jeb.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Next to a building?

Especially that building.

Note to chinmao:

I avoid PAs on Tom's forum. It saves him the trouble of chastising me. Therefore, your English lesson for today follows:

ox·y·mo·ron: a rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

mel·low: relaxed and unhurried; easygoing: a mellow friend; a mellow conversation.

dra·mat·ic: of or relating to drama or the theater.
Characterized by or expressive of the action or emotion associated with drama or the theatre.

Anyway, I bet you've never been to the top of the ESB, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

A "tumbling exit" would have killed him.

rl

I have seen it done many times in BASE

so have I... but not from the Empire State Building. Have a look. Where do you think you'd land if you took a tumble with no "jump" from the Obs. deck? My limited understanding of physics and architecture says he'd probably hit the building, no matter how good his subterminal track is.

Not all BASE jumps are the same. Especially this one. Any BASE jumper that can tell me they wouldn't try for the ESB given the same resources that jeb has should be limited to the Potato. Jeb has more BASE motivation in his pinky finger than most of us reading and writing in these threads put together.

edited to add: Jumbo Shrimp.

There is a specific reason why ESB security is so much higher now than when it was last done in 1998. A couple years later, a man of middle eastern descent somehow smuggled an AK-47 to the observation deck. He shot and killed several people before turning it on himself. It turns out he that he was severely mentally ill.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174