frost

Corliss gets busted in NYC

I can try to articulate this in a civil manner but I feel there is no other way:

To all: GET A FUCKING CLUE FOLKS!

Get a clue, really! It's OK for Jeb to daybalze the living crap out of anything he pleases but it's not OK for Felix to do his things and for Miles to jump off the railing!!! If Miles, Shane or Jimmy tried to pull something like this off the response from the community would have been much, much different.

GET A FUCKING CLUE FOLKS!
Memento Audere Semper

61 jumps. and u don't base jump. Boy Ithink thats funny. all the people posting that this is cool and dont base
jump how about i go to your drop zone and set your planes on fire, and then u cant jump, would u think that was funny. no it would be really fucking stupid
well thats what Jeb just did he set my town on fire.
so for all u none base jumpers thinking this is cool
stay on the dropzone and off base
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

The fat suit is cool as hell, and if in fact he paid the 15K for the little toy, I give him due regard for the attempt to "stealth up" the jump. But yeah, 16:30 hours seems a little too complacent. Now, if he'd of applied as a night janitor as the tubby 'ol fat guy and worn it around the building for a week while sweeping up after tourists....

-smd7

magot, I'm not going to argue with you, insult you, or not try to understand how you feel. I really shouldn't reply to your post at all... or even posted my opinion in the first place.

My opinion is only that, my opinion. Yes I only have 61 skydives. I am also 40 years old and understand life and the world. I qualify my opinions with my age.

Had Jeb light fire to the top of the Empire State Building to make a point in protest about not being able to jump the object I could understand your reference to burning airplanes a little better.

I not going to say where I've been, post pictures of where I may go, or even consider jumping an object in NYC without any experience in the realm of BASE which is required.

It was a stunt, JEB got busted doing and it's going to be argued about until it a dead horse.... more than likely well past that point.

I am of the opinion that it was somewhat foolish to attempt the Empire State Building but I can also see the "Moth to the Flame" allure of that object for a person such as Jeb.

My thoughts are, had I the skill and desire I could access a few different objects tonight at 3:00am, keep the secret to myself and get away with it.

All I see Jeb doing is burning the Empire State Building as a site. As if it was ever possible to even be considered a site in the first place.

I'll not partake of the drama here any longer. My opinion is all it is.

A security guard hit his head on the concrete floor of the observation deck while restraining Corliss and was being examined Thursday night, Donahue said.

Ouch...:S

Jerry

If you want people to take you seriously about this, then you've got to stop this ,frankly, boring trolling you insist on.

You might have a point to make Jerry, but if you insist on playing the court jester using this alter-ego of magot, who cares what you think.

I know you think your funny, but outside of your circle of mates, you're really not.

ian

I think that if you ask some of the old school BASE jumpers, the ones that started this thing, the ones that know what BASE ethics are all about will tell you that this STUNT was a GREAT disservice to the BASE activity.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Im not trying to flame u Im just saying this is our life its not a once a month thing for use its smething BASE jumpers devote there lives to and people that dont no anything about use should not form opions about use the next time your in NYC ill be gld to buy u a beer or make a skydive with u but this isnt skydiveing. and thats why we do it
TOSS MY SALAD

Im not a BASE jumper yet either but how can you flame another jumper for doing what you did? You place graffiti on your sites. Which seems to be against BASE ethics, "leave only footsteps"

I think this is interesting just for the simple fact that he went to such extremes to pull it off... and interesting because someone who knew about it went to such extremes as to turn him in. I would imagine only a few people were privey to the information of the jump, so it had to be one of his mates.

I would think BASE jumpers are like skydivers in the sense that we consider each other family... Jeb ratted out the community of BASE but someone ratted him out first.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Im not a BASE jumper yet either but how can you flame another jumper for doing what you did? You place graffiti on your sites. Which seems to be against BASE ethics, "leave only footsteps"

It's called trolling. Basejumper or not.

So...doesn't the ESB have metal detectors? (2)

When I went there they did... 2 years ago.

I don't know... but making a metal-less BASE harness is simple.

I had to run magots postings through http:// www.babelfish.com to try and understand what he was saying. As someone said... "objectburning" occurs only if the object is commonly jumped by others, while if is possible to jump the object only "once in the life" this cannot be considered a burning. Magot said in a pervious post there are no 'Locals' in NYC anymore an burns objects by vandalizing them and has posted picture to that effect.B|

I dont care that jeb burned the site as much as the irony that its ok with everyone but he should have jumped and got away . and he doesn't live in NYC I do Idon't go to LA and jump peoples buildings
And He ratted him self out for PR so people will watch his show I base jump and i don't even watch the show. If he jumped and got away that would have been bad ass but he got cought because he wanted to. He's fucking Jeb if wanted to get away he would have shjit the guys gonna land a wing suit
I think he can deal with a security guard.
TOSS MY SALAD

from http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/am-mask0428,0,5080951.story?coll=ny-leadnationalnews-headlines
"His appearance threw off authorities who, earlier in the day, had received a call from someone who claimed to know about Corliss' plan and was afraid he'd get hurt."

what the hell?!.... maybe i missunderstood something

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

You feeling like you're not the centre of attention anymore Jerry. Is that what's up? It's okay, if you want to share.

ian

Nick,

I'm definitely not "one of the masses", but I would applaud anyone who put that much effort into a jump. Did Jeb heat it up for the rest of us? Maybe, but probably not. Even other buildings in NYC won't be that much more difficult than before.

Whose to say Jeb didn't call security himself. If it was a publicity stunt, as some think, wouldn't that make it even better? If it was someone in the know, which I'm sure are very few, wouldn't they have said he'd be dressed like a fat man?

Jeb, good try!!! The same for whoever tries it next because the ante just went up...

Just saw it on CNN Headline News....... It's funny they didnt mention he was base jumping....only that he was going to parachute from the building... Does this mean they will be patting down all fat people now??:S

Q: Why did Jeb wear a fat suit?
A: Because he wanted to blend in with the American public.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well if he was doing it for PR it worked... I didnt know he was a "big deal" in BASE until this. Im a BASE wuffo waiting to get enough skydives to BASE and I didnt know much about him. Now I am curious ... I will watch his show...

Does it make it right? Not for me to decide, but again it cant be for you to decide either, you have broken your own code of ethics....

When I think of BASE I think of these brave people standing at the edges of the earth... looking out at barely charted territory to become one with the sky and to find the most inner peace one can hope to achieve... I see it as a romantic sport (lol sorry its a girl thing) its all very poetic...

Then I see pictures of you writing on BASE sites and it just is rude. IF Jeb planned it himself for PR then thats wrong, but if he did it for himself, for self gratification, so he could become more of what he wants to be in life then I think its great. Cool? No I dont think so, but then again it would have been cool if he had jumped and landed safe. Just as I think it would be cool if you went back and washed that sharpie off... (and got a new hair-do, your to metro lol)

Whose to say Jeb didn't call security himself. If it was a publicity stunt, as some think, wouldn't that make it even better?

So what you're saying is: he called the coppers so that after doing the jump he could say "look I even gave them the chance to get me"?

Hmmmm...I dunno. The pleasure/risk ratio on that wouldn't be too good.

Edit. Why don't we ask him? Any comments on your attempt to jump the Empire State Building Jeb?
On second thought...the Law is probably reading along so it wouldn't be such a good idea to answer that...

DON'T WORRY I'LL BE THE CENTER TOMMOROW
U CAN BET ON THAT
TOSS MY SALAD

I don't doubt it Jerry. Cos that's what's important to you. You BASE jump for the attention, anyone can see that.

ian

next time your in NYC ill be gld to buy u a beer or make a skydive with u.

I'll take you up on that offer mate sometime. ;) I leave the beginning of the week. If yaaa need help making the front page tomorrow I'll help yaa with that also. :S