frost

Corliss gets busted in NYC

Article w/pics

http://www.amny.com/news/local/am-mask0428,0,2810933.story?coll=am-topheadlines

Guess this is the smuggling method he wouldn't name in Ground is the Limit...off to cry myself to sleep now

Good to see the fat suit was in black:) Awesome attempt! even if eneded bad[:/]

On-rereading, he was narced out? WTF???

May we live long and die out

From the article....

"Empire State Building staff had been tipped off to the caper and were waiting when Corliss got there".

It's not that he got busted... It's the tar (pain) and feathering (suffering) that the "tipper offer" is going to receive that's got me a little worried.

That, and H.L.S. is going to have a whole new realm of B.S. to use as tools against the collective band of brothers..

-smd7

edited to add... Just looked through the slide show. I love the shot of Jeb as a tubby fuc*er.... Should've just had C.R. build you a bigger rig and hopped as a fatty..... The comedy facter would've been about a half point higher..

that was one of the greatest costumes i have ever seen - it's a total bummer that someone decided to ruin it for him - but i give him mad props
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Damn, that sucks. Pretty genius setup, and some asshole ruined it for him. Jeb's the whole reason I got interested in BASE in the first place, I'd love to meet him some day. [:/]
cavete terrae.

If this were John instead of Jeb, this thread would be filled with different responses.

That said, Jeb is a great guy and an amazing jumper. I truly wish him the best.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Fuck that shit!!!
No props at all, that was stupid.

All you guys are not aware of the magnitude of this crap, now BASE is in the spot light.

All the factors to make this story even bigger: known person, important building, and high tech costume. It shows the buildings vulnerability for BASE Jumping and it also make people aware of us.

For putting BASE in the spot light and make this story as big as you could.

Thanks Jeb
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

From the looks of that picture, the fine, upstanding folks trying to stop him put Jeb and anybody on the street below in more danger than if they'd just looked the other way on the tip.

So I guess NY's a little toasty right now. :S
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I know that Jeb is everybodys darling but this is dayblazing, objectburning, BASE jumping image upfucking of the worst kind...
But according to some posts
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2189286;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
of NY Jumpers this kind of behaviour is “cool” in the big apple…
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

the fact is...they are mighty pissed that he made them look a little stupid...thats why him and bubba are soon gonna play moms and dads in the big house...now all fat old geezers will be getting the rubber glove treatment too when they go into any big B in NYC...its a shame they had to recklessly endanger jeb with what they did...its a shame the building owners arent as forward thinking as the malaysians or the chinese..but i guess post 9/11 and the Iraq farce means that they are twitchy...

i think its time us Brits revoked your independence so you can have a slapped wrist and a "dont do it again" like us and all the europeans get when we get caught being naughty...

Rule Britannia...Britannia rules the waves...i wish life was full of chicks and raves

He should have worn a RedBull helmet with a Felix mask :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Objectburning! I did not know this building was jumped since 1998 by Thor Alex and a Russian? You should worry more about security guards hanging on to your feet on exit point!

I don't know if that particular object is jumped often...
However, do you consider "objectburning" a daylight jump off a very high profile object like that?
I learned from my mentor that can be considered "objectburning" a jump only if the object is commonly jumped by others, while if is possible to jump the object only "once in the life" this cannot be considered a burning...
Opinions?

(Tom, if you think this is OT please edit my post...)

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

I agree, I don't consider it "object burning."

It does however, obviously bring BASE and jumpers into the limelight once again, displayed by the media as sneaky, rebelling, crazy daredevils who should be restrained.

I like Jeb, but this publicity stunt could have been spared. It had nobody to benefit but himself, if anything, and only does harm to the rest of the community.

Objectburning! I did not know this building was jumped since 1998 by Thor Alex and a Russian? You should worry more about security guards hanging on to your feet on exit point!

OK, sorry, I trade obectburning with glory hunting then...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

If there are 5 "A" 's in a row right next to each other and I day Blaze one of them don't they all get burned . theres 5000 other Buildings now that there going to beef up security on that are right next to the Empire State If it were anyone else u would all be hanging him out to dry

LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!

Just saw it on CNN Headline News....... It's funny they didnt mention he was base jumping....only that he was going to parachute from the building... Does this mean they will be patting down all fat people now??:S

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

It's a damn shame he didn't pull it off. It's a once in a lifetime jump if he would have gotten away with it.

I'm in NYC now and would have loved to have seen a success on the news instead of this.

Does anyone know if he has bailed out as of yet?

Sounds like JEB's TV show may have needed some better ratings...like they say, no such thing as bad publicity. Well for the true blue BASE Community, this is jacked up and wrong. Knowing a few NYC locals myself, he now has the area in hot mode.

Thanks JEB..hope the ratings boost pay off!!

Knowing a few NYC locals myself, he now has the area in hot mode.

Hot mode? in NYC? There are not so high profile objects everywhere you look. I really think not. The ESB is the #1 object in the entire city not to jump.

Anyone else find the fact that he's now being called a "wannabe" ironic?

1. Doesn't the ESB have metal detectors?

2. Is there a nice european (or reliable american if shipping isn't absurd) site where I can purchase "the ground is the limit"?