Basjkall

New rig..

Why not just incorporate the leading edge of the wings with the head? The head would then become part of the wing. Or like you said, you just remove the head. That would be a neat trick.

I've seen a prototype that attempted this. It was reportedly very difficult to fly, and also created some problem with turning the head, which probably weren't insurmountable.

Since Robi won the last bet I offered, anyone want to bet 5 bucks that a "head included in leading edge" wingsuit will be available within 3 years?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Nice.. :)
You should have integrated some of that design in your new helmet..

I will.. ;)

Peace,
Andreas

Wait just a minute Tom. That's my bet you're trying to weasel in on. Just kidding.
Maybe try and isolate the position of the head, use peripheral vision, wing mirrors...maybe not.
It seems as though the head sticking out in front has a tendancy to act like a rudder. Maybe link the head and leading edge to lines or bungees attached to the feet. When fully extended guving tension to the leading edge?????
Shit fellas what the Hell do I know? I'm just a tracker. Can't wait to see the next development.

That's my bet you're trying to weasel in on.

I thought one of the rules was that you always had to bet 5 bucks? :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No Tom. that rule only counts if the person betting against you doesn't know rule number 7.
#7 "There are no rules." Don't worry Tom I'll post a full set of Mince Division rules somewhere. Maybe inside the visitors center toilets in TF or have them tattooed inside Ray Losli's mouth. That way whenever he's around and blabbing people will be able to read them at their leisure.

5 bucks (American--that's like 2.7 million Aussie dollars

Don't be so confident. Our peso dollar has caught up quite a bit. Or rather, you guys are "catching down".

Watch out for thr Yuan!

Send the money to the developers of the systems now. That way the rig may come out sooner and I won't have to wait for the pensioners version with stiffeners and robotics for my rapidly decaying body!!!!!! ;)

I am looking forward to it. There are others working on it too.

And the best thing will be that all men will be equal. The fat blokes who can't track for shit will be able to keep up with those long slender, athlete types. ;) That's you and me baby!!!!!! :P
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

'Nice.. :)
Working on everything together, but.... helmet is such small issue which takes about 2', while many other areas takes a lot in order to bring them to perfection...
BTW tear drop helmet is ''idea'' old about 40 years ;)

Integrated arm leading edge-head is pain to do it right. It is so complex and at the end so dangerous for user that benefit of it possibly could be enjoyed for one jump only. :S
I will not push to this direction for sure.:)
Regards
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

I know the idea of this kind of helmet shape is pretty old, but still its pretty cool! Not everything is for performance...;)

And I have no intention of integrating the leading edge and the head, yet.. :o

A head without a helmet is the most aerodynamic, so when we will be breaking the300 kmh horizontal, we toss the "teardrop" and shave our heads! ;)

Adios amigo