rendezvous

Choice of PC?

I know there's been a lot of debate around this so I'll keep the question simple.

It's a 300 feet jump off an 'A'. The landing area is big with outs. The jump is a Hand held 1sec delay. I've done this earlier with a 47".

How does a 42" Apex vented compare with the 47" for this jump?

Dont ever accept one persons opinion on something... (you dont have many peoples views on this issue). just because you may respect a certain person, does not mean their thoughts are correct.... (no disrespect Tom, but just trying to get people into the habit to question everything)

One persons idea of a perfect set up from that height is not automatically the perfect set up from that height for you....

I've been jumping that exact canopy on a slightly higher A (330 ft) and the 42" has been working great. It seems better so far to have a short delay than to go and throw, the latter appears to tow the pc for a short bit before there's enough airspeed.

It seems better so far to have a short delay than to go and throw, the latter appears to tow the pc for a short bit before there's enough airspeed.

thats because a 42 isnt meant for go and throws. a 46+ is. try a 32 and report back to colonel skin.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Give him a break abbie, he really means to take a delay, its just that the ground is so big and comes at you so fast. Next time he promises to hold on to the pilot chute longer.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

ive used a 42 vented from 225 feet with no discernable difference..i would happily take a 1 to 2 decond delay from 300 with your set up and a vented 42..assuming your exit weight is ok..mine isnt...i load both my rigs pretty hard which may help...

Dont ever accept one persons opinion on something...

I totally agree.

When you're laying in the hospital (or worse), "but Tom/Marta/Robert/etc said it would work" isn't going to help you.

Definitely educate yourself from as many sources as possible, then make your own decision. That's the nature of BASE.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

because a 42 isnt meant for go and throws

huh?
your telling us that if were getting unstabel and pull at 0.5sec it wont help me?
I say its bull..
42´is smaller therefore it inflates faster than the bigger pc,it however aint as strong(pull force) as the 46´but as it builds up strainght i think it will pop your pins at about the same time as if you did a hop n pop whith a 46´.
The reasson i chooce a bigger pc on lower jumps is that incase i get a pc hesi then the chance is that the bigger pc will grap air before the small one is bigger as it has more fabric. but on a standard jump were both pc´s works as they should you shouldnt notice a big fiff.
I use my vented 42´all the way down to 250 before i start using my biggest pc a vented 46´.

I can agree whith sean that a vented 42´will work as i one weekend borrowed my vented 42´ to him and saw him doing 0.5-1sec delays whith a velcrorig and a unvented canopy serval times off the same 225´object...

well thats just my oppinion which might aint as the rest of you:P

691 or 696(cant rember) once made calulation on the pull force of pc slast time i saw it were a ti Blinc,not sure if its out there anymore...

Headposter you can use both 42´and 46´off 300ft if you feel more safe on the 46´then use that,by the end of the day both of them will work from 300ft and you wont be taking such a loong delay that you can ruin your canopy whith the 46´off 300ft.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

the altitude doesnt matter (unless we start talking air density); its the DELAY that counts.

Sut mine rådne løg. Jeg har set æsler der ser bedre ud end dig.

:)

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Sut mine rådne løg. Jeg har set æsler der ser bedre ud end dig.

:ph34r::D:ph34r:

let me hear you say "Rødgrød med fløde":P

if your løg really is as you say you need to see a doc:P and i dont care if i look like a æsel,im not trying to date you;)

funny shit..
Tom.. his calling me names and stuff,please push him off the S next time you see him out there(make sure he has a rig on through:ph34r:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber