FIREFLYR

Getting from Switzerland to Italy

Hey,
If 3 or 4 people were flying into Zurich, and planning to travel to the Valley and then to The Italian wall would it be easier/ more economical to rent a car, drive to the valley,then drive to Italy. Or would it be easier/ more economical To take a train around Switzerland and into Italy and then get a car just for Italy?
Any help or suggestions from people who have made the trip would be greatly appreciated.
Mille Grazie!
~J:)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

If you are flying back from Switz, rent a car in Switz. If you are flying back from Italy, take the train.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Can rental in Italy is expensive, not sure about Switzerland. If you are going to the big wall you will need a car. The train in Switzerland is quite expensive.

So rent a car in switzerland, between 3-4 people I'd guess it'll work out cheaper, and save yourselves the hassle of trains.

Beware of traffic from hell in Milan if you drive that route!!:S

Hey, Thought I'd let you know; I just rented a van from: www.amigoautos.com/
Check it out. It was the best pricing I found anywhere. Prebook it on the web and pick it up at the airport. If you rent anything bigger than a car there is a 30 swiss franc extra for airport delivery (no Problem). All in all a good deal. Me and 2 buds will be in switzerland from May 6th- May 17th. We rented a van. A car is just too small. A good idea since you'll need room to move around during the long drive.
Will

What is the total cost?
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I got a quote for car rental in norway from budget the price was $180 for 5 days, when I got back home and the got the final bill with the airport tax and all the charge it came out to $420,
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

:D:ph34r:you need to chek out how many KM your allowed to drive in the car usaly its 100km a day after that they charge you extra..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber