vid666

congrats to Despinato for getting 2 BASE milestones

Aaron (despinato) aka AAA has completed his BASE on Sunday morning by finally jumping an E. He even managed to NOT BIFF the landing. Congrats !

Also, an even bigger milestone has been achieved : He completed his RUSSIAN BASE ( jumped all 4 objects with nobody but a Russian or Russians on the load). (taking applications now :)

CONGRATS !

Congratulations!

But I would never jump like that myself, PC on the ground between lots of branches... Go on like that and you might not get any record again.

Ronald Overdijk

what if that PC was SL'ed to a sling that was attachd to a solid point in the ground ? pic1 - see the SLING on the ground....

but thanks for healthy criticism. That's why we all love DZ.COM - criticize first, look/ask questions later...

Judging by direction of launch the PC is going to go through the branches to the right. Did he have an off-heading left? Why not PCA? Some more details about the height, face, landing area would be cool too.

Congrats to him on his first E. :)

Great Pics and I saw the webbing how hi was that cliff it looks like fun.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

no offheadings. the PC is SLed to a LONG sling (using biners and parachute cord) Thus once the bridle goes to stretch (ot was rubberbanded for minimal snag factor, so the PC stays right on the edge) the anchor point+whatever the PC is attached to is inline with the jumper

no PCA since the ground on exit point is very soft, and If I was PCAing him, and lost my balance first thing I would let go would be his PC. Also, WHO THE HELL WOULD BE TAKING PICTURES ???

see attachments

Oh, and I suppose I shouldn't of done a McConkey off that cliff either ? Cuz that's what I did 3 mins after this....

vid

thanks for clearing it up i finnally got to a computer today. as for the pc it was resting and all extra bridal was double wraped with a medium rubberband. after launch in the pics you can actually see that the pc is in the air (due to the bridal being rubber banded) and clear upon extraction of the canopy. the branches in the area break at about 5lbs of pressure and the static cord at 80lbs so even if it did get hung up i dont believe it would have caused an off heading. as for my opening it was on heading and the landing was nice. thanks all for your support. even for the constructive critisism it only makes this sport safer. oh and once again vid thanks for the pics and the good times. oh and bad boy for the McConkey. although it was on heading and i dont think you had to worry about a pc snag.

Congratulations my friend!
Tha's a cool set up and I would have jumped it without a second thought. Only thing I would have maybe changed is clearing the branches around the pilote chute so it didn't get dragged through them with a possible chance of damaging it.

Way to go!

:D:ph34r: 7161 you can tell if a person has fun if he/she reach for risers just a splitsecond before bridel strech:ph34r::D

Congrats on the BASE#

Nice shots aswellB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

oh my god those pics are bad ass most be a sweet camera
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad