skyflyingbecca

Accident Insurance for BASE

I saw the Life INS thread and thought I'd post a new one regarding Accident Insurance.

I have a policy with NO exclusions.
BASE, skydiving, motorcycling, race car driving, you get the picture. They can't cancel you for any reason either.
The sales guy claimed Evel Knievel had this policy and they paid out millions over the years before they finally convinced him to sell it back to them. But hey, he was a sales guy.

http://www.combined.com/

1-800-225-4500

I just called and asked about Life Insurance and it looks like there IS exclusions for that. But this accident policy seems cheap and very worth it.

You can call Julissa
1-800-225-4500
ext 50948

She works:
2pm-10pm EST on T & TH
1pm-9pm EST on Fridays
and in the mornings on Saturdays
but I'm sure any operator can help you as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My policy is only $16 a month

When you call them it is effective immediately if you set up a checking account over the phone.

I am in FL, USA and coverage varies by state, so you have to call before you can be sure what is available in your area. This policy also covers accidents occuring in some foreign countries and the recovery benefits are paid regardless, even if the accident occurs outside a covered country and policyholder is recovering back in the US.

Here is a summary of my benefits:

$150 every day in the hospital
$1,000 every day in ICU
$150 day for recovery after hospital stay
$1,500 one time benefit for recovery after out-pt surgery w/in 90 of accident
$150 for ER visit
$100 for Doctor visit

A cheaper policy is available for 1/2 the benefits ($8/mo)

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Have someone that has been hurt, or needed to be admitted or airlifted to the hospital for medical attention, show you the bill that they accumulate for just a one day and you'll soon see that what is covered, as you posted, doesn't even scratch the surface the bill or cover what you have lost while out of work.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I have medical with Blue Cross. I have the "Tonic" plan. $93 per month, $40 doctor visits, $100 emergency room $2500 deductable.....
$5 Million coverage.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Have someone ...... show you the bill that they accumulate for just a one day and you'll soon see that what is covered, as you posted, doesn't even scratch the surface the bill or cover what you have lost while out of work.

Oh jeez, yeah! Of course! :S

This is designed to work in addition to health insurance.

This policy pays me if I get hurt, not the hospital. $150 a day is more than I make now. :$ It is at least useful as an income supplement while out of work at a lower-paying job. Better than nothing IMO.

I am just happy that there isn't any exclusions like other supplemental accident policies have. (Aflac)
It seems many people carry these supplemental plans and would be happier if there's one that has their hobby as a "covered" activity.

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

during my worst trip to the emergency room (suffering breaks in 2 vertabrae, 6 ribs, shoulder blade, and a collapsed lung) i was in the hospital for only one week (no surgeries required) and my bill came to a mere $28,000. i had no insurance and was unemployed.
so, i wrote a bunch of letters along with a $20 check to anyone i owed stating my situation and that this was all i could afford for now... blah blah blah...

fortunately for me, in the end everything but about $2200 was written off. and i don't mean like a credit card charge off. clear and free. that still ended up being less than the premium i had payed for the year prior's health insurance.

just something to think about.:S

It's "Tonik", Jamie. And it'll even cover your ass herpies! (but not if they're a pre-existing condition)

Woo-hoo Health Insurance

(ComedyCentral.com is lame...go to that link and click the "Enter Now" link around the middle of the page under "Your System Status: Woo hoo! MotherLoad's ready to go! Click 'Enter Now' to start".)

-C.

Ouch Lonnie...:o Is that Canadian or American funds?? Either way ....ouchhh!!
Party On!

NO SHIT!!

4 days- $195,000

I was in the same US hospital as you--but I was there for 2 months.

My insurance (thankfully, I had very good health insurance at that time) paid out quite a large chunk of change.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

This policy pays me if I get hurt

Sorry Rebecca, misunderstood your original post

Ouch Lonnie... Is that Canadian or American funds?? Either way ....ouchhh!!

Yeah Rambo, ouch is right. It's American $
NEVER GIVE UP!