reddevil1

Need info on a HUCK IT container 2 pin

Has (mini rings) witch people say it might be to weak for hard openings and it a two pin base container made by huck it from the usa any info on the make and any problems with it.
The point of no return what a rush.

Hey RedDevil,

I built that rig, and the rings are mil spec, exactly the same as used on TSo's skydiving rigs. For your own piece of mind you can check out the supplier at:

http://djassociates.thomasnet.com/viewitems/military-hardware/harness-rings?&forward=1

If you have further questions send me a PM or give me a call.

Cya

The rings are fine. RW8 Rings or the equivelant 444's are widely used. They are standard on many rigs including both of my Perigee Pro Rigs made by AsylumBASE.

Tree's rig appears to be modeled partially after the Perigee Pro with a few others thrown in.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Best after sale response ever keep up the good work.:)

Resounding yes, it WILL let the rings go out of position with load. Refer to RWS 3-ring construction manual for theory and construction detail

ya it looks a little long. I could be wrong. I think that RW riser construction sheet has it set for about 1-1/4" (+ /-) 1/16th from the edge of the confluence wrap. Hard to say just from a Pic.
Technically I think it only takes 4 lb's of Loop pressure on the small ring to hold the entire 3 Ring system closed under a load.
Its a pretty amazing small piece of machinery made of metal and fabric. Your whole life depends on a bar-tac or a piece of 550 lb. Sheathing or Ring or a piece of Webbing.
Personally I don't like to dwell on the structural strength of the individual pieces. It's enough to freak anybody out. I just pack it up and Fling my body off. .... :P

Personally I don't like to dwell on the structural strength of the individual pieces. It's enough to freak anybody out. I just pack it up and Fling my body off. .... :P

Yea, I like that nugget :D
Blair

Looking closer at the three ring picture the riser leg has a bit of a fold in it. Maybe it will go into position under load. I cant tell from the image. reddivil, would you be kind enough to straighten the riser out and load it with a REALLY GOOD PULL then take a side shot of the rings and loop assembly?

Hi Marty,

It must just be the way it is photographed, because the riser is built to the RWS spec sheet for the rings (I bought a copy from RWS), and the integrity webbing tab & grommet/loop setup is identical to the CR/Perigee Pro risers I've jumped for 6 years.

I notice that a lot of mfgs. are using standard skydiving (non-integrity) risers these days, and while they are easier to build, and certainly strong enough, I prefer the integrity setups if for no other reason, the loop is not exposed.

I saw one insident last summer where that three ring loop was cut in result of hard opening, and we thought that the reason might be too long loop. It was Gargoyle rig. Jumper is ok now, but it looked really scary.
If Elin sees this thread, she might tell more exact details about it.
I´m not a rigger or so....so I´m not relly expert to say the real reason.

I recall the incident. If I am not correct, someone please correct me as I don't want to spread inaccurate info, but Gargoyle (Morpheus) uses the standard skydiving type riser (non integrity). AFIK, that is the only incident of the white loop ever breaking in base. I saw the pics of those risers and wonderd if having the loop being exposed caused friction wear while packing.

To Dan,

If all this has you worried, even though I did not sell you that kit, I'll buy your risers back and you can purchase others. I need a set for my newest rig anyhow.

Cya

Dan,

Because you are asking about the risers which were a minor concern, I am assuming that you have already decided to bin the 6' bridle.

Tree,

Is this a standard bridle for the Huck-It?

Kris.

Coolio!

Sometimes is the just the picture/perspective in the frame, rather that the angle of the dangle.

If you are on the specs, then that is it. Can not argue #'s.

Depending on the age of the risers you have, the loop could be a little longer. I have snugged up the distance slightly, in recent.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

Hey Kris,

Actually it is 9', end to end, but as was pointed out by friends, they want 9' to the first pin, so I do build them like that now. I still have my 9' total length bridle, and happily continue to jump it, but if there are any of the other ones out there that people want replaced, they can ask and I'll make a 9' to the pin, gratis of course.

Good eye Kris. Do you know why the bridle is 9' long? (Hint, it isn't the burble).

Got to go, heding out on base trip for weekend. Have a good one.

Cya

Loop =1 1/2 inch long /other picture-- pressure added to risers///and bridle made to 9 foot from first pin to pc

Is that just an additional span of webbing hitched in to lengthen the bridle? Seems to me that a new bridle would be well worth the minimal cost, instead of lengthening it as you did. You're adding a knot that could potentially become a snag point in the mesh and lead to a hesitation. Also, that knot represents a significant weight between the PC and pin. Just seems like bad juju to me.
-C.

The dimensions of the risers match the dimensions on one of my rigs.

Take Tree up on the new bridle offer.

It's hard to tell by the picture but it sure looks like the stitching on the extension near the bridle is only a couple of overlapped straight stitches. The end near the pilot chute is ok strengthwise, but the pattern probably leaves an exposed cut edge on the side we can't see. Cut edges are snag points that can catch on the mesh.

The weight of the knot isn't a concern but the knots and the hotknifed edges could be.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I agree, wonna a longer one, make one.

By the way I also jump a 9' bridle eye-eye. So far so good. Actually it works better in low FFs than the previous 11' I was using.

For WS, I made a 12' eye-eye.
Memento Audere Semper

I have to admit. I don't know why they are 9', thought the reason was to clear the burble. The closest post that I could find on here that adressed this question is this one.

Kris.

B|Thanks (up to date bridle )will be on order and i happy with the riser's now:S.

9' to clear the burble and to generate more snatch force than a 6' bridle would. there are no clear benefits to anything longer. outrager used a 25' bridle at one point but there was nothing gained by doing that - maybe more dangerous due to unknown factors or when landing near things like powerlines - shock!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174