rendezvous

A 'B' under construction - What to expect?

Got a few questions that I need some experienced insights into. There are probably no generic answers to these two questions but I'd still like to hear of what people have experienced.

quesitons:

1.) What kind of security measures should one normally expect for a building that is still under construction? It's a condominium building in a built up area and will at some point be at 30 floors.

2.) What kind of access options are normally available on such buildings while their superstructure is still under construction?

while you are answering the above post, i'm thinking of buying a piece of string, how much can i expect to pay?

:ph34r:

i've been in a couple of buildings at night, the security on them was quite low. i would suggest walking around the site a few times late at night without drawing attention to yourself.

try and figure out the basics like are there guards, and what kind of patrols do they do. are there dogs? the security of the building will depend on where it is and how secure they think the site perimeter is.

sometimes the main building entrances are locked but there is probably another way in, underground carpark, sliding door to individual unit etc...

when inside, don't stand in doorways, don't put you hand on the handrail of the stairs, don't make noise.
find the stairs and get your ass a few floors up quick smart.

dress up like terroiste and yell derka derka when u jump
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

The answer to that question is half the fun. Be sneaky, go find out, do your homework.
The reward for your trouble is that you get to jump it.
Have fun!
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

1) There's always a guy over on the left. Look out for that guy.

2) Access options are usually the ones affiliated with ascending to the top. The top is usually best unless it's under hung.

That's about it. Hope that helps.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Dude wheres this B at. and who are u jumping with, u must live by me. and I already have some cop unifoms, and im a terroist ,so we are totaly set. lets burn this building to the ground. I now lets do it. we can torch it and then jump it while its on fire. that would be sweet.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

The biggest question re security is, what are they actually securing. If the construction is at a concrete floors and open walls stage then the security will be more worried about people stealing expensive site equipment, so their attention is more focused on vehicles and heavy tools at ground level. If it's topped out and walled then they are more likely to be worried about theft of smaller tools, drills, generators inside the building so there is a greater liklihood of patrols or checks inside. If it's undergoing final fit and trouble shooting then i guess they might be worried more about contents, fixtures, fittings, computers, whatever so there is more likely to be security cameras, dogs, Passive infrared, machine gun posts etc.

That's why you have to do your homework as previously stated.

Will a bank under construction have more security than a residential block, a government building?

Go and check it out and scare yourself. Take a camera with you and if questioned tell em some bullshit story about enginerring students or archectecture.

Find out what colour vests the construction staff wear. You don't want to be walking through a building carrying your rig, crammed with security ,only to discover you're the only one wearing a yellow fluro vest whilst everyone else has orange.

That would be just plain dumb.:$

ian

Find out what colour vests the construction staff wear.

Sometimes your helmet can help -- sure if it's simple (snowbarding lookalike) helmet, not the one with camera box and eye rings. Nobody will look at your helmet carefully -- you're wearing it so you have some businness there. I remember a couple of jumps than the way to the roof was shown to us by the regular worker. :)
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

Hard hats are a must legally for any workers on site here in the UK so it goes without saying that if you're trying to pass yourself off as a worker, you need a construction hat. They cost very little and the next morning when the guys turn up for work, they'll be pleasantly suprised when they find a nice construction hat and fluro vest neatly folded and waiting for a new owner.

ian

Find out what colour vests the construction staff wear. You don't want to be walking through a building carrying your rig, crammed with security ,only to discover you're the only one wearing a yellow fluro vest whilst everyone else has orange.

That would be just plain dumb.:$

ian

Voice of experience there Ian?:)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

...aha...

ian

Sounds like a story. Lets hear it..;)

Aah... It all makes sense.

I heard this story in person from Ron, just a few weeks ago.

Great stuff.

:)

Some thing to consider is that... Security guards, by nature, are a lazy breed of human. After all, they actually sought out and acquired a job where they can sit around and watch shit.
In all my years of creeping in and on buildings, I never saw a security guard higher up in a building than the third floor and that, I saw only once.
I heard him weezing and coughing as he climbed the stairs so I took cover. Hiding behind a stack of drywall, I watched as he proceeded to gaze upon the city lights and have a smoke. 5 minutes later, he stumbled back down to his chair and T.V in the guard shack for some much needed rest after his demanding work out.
Once your in the building, ground rush is almost guaranteed...unless you do some thing stupid like get caught

Once your in the building, ground rush is almost guaranteed...

$$$B|

Last night I walked right off the street into the stair well of a B under construction. Could not have been any easier....

if you dont mind waiting around for a while, buy a hard hat, and a tool bag, puy your rig in the bag, and just walk in sometime late in the day. I work construction and on a job that big no one will notice you (as long as you dont look like your up to no good) then just wait up on the top till a good time too jump, the only down side is a long, long wait.

might be a good idea to find out the names of the companies working on the job, so if anyone does say anything you atleast try to b.s. your way out of it.

problem with that is it makes jumping the building again difficult to say the lease. Besides, it's more fun when theres no one around to call the cops on you

id rather go knock a few back after work and then show up in the am.. like 1-3am, and then its just me...